Good morning y’all! How you been? Last weekend, AJ and I celebrated the 4th at the lake and it was an ideal weekend. Thankful for great friends, long weekends, and French onion dip. Popping in for a quick, “hey.” Hopefully, we can have a longer chat soon. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Go ahead and judge me but this is the robe that my inner 90s child has always dreamed of.
- Acne. It’s a very real thing, and I’ve been dealing with it since I was 10. I’ve had these two spots for the last few weeks that won’t go away. I order some zit stickas and tried them for the first time last night. I’m impressed!!! The size of the bumps and the redness were reduced! While the product worked and I’m pumped about it, I know it isn’t a magic cure for my acne prone skin. A friend of mine shared this post on Instagram, and it served as a beautiful reminder. I’m not gonna let acne dictate my worth.
- I really enjoyed this article regarding “wellness”
- This article about how to love your friends with kids was very helpful. Many of AJ and I’s friends are having kids, and this is new territory for us. This offered great advice on how we can love our friends and their new peanuts.
- My new favorite top. comfy and cozy. I wish it came in more colors, so I could buy them all.
- Found an embroidered tee from etsy, and it describes me perfectly.
- Ever since AJ let me try his polarized sunglasses, I’ve been wanting a pair. But I didn’t want to spend a lot of money, because I tend to be a sucker for a cute pair of shades. I found this pair on amazon and I love them!! They were $25.
- Disney is coming out with a live action version of Mulan. Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!
- It’s summer. Which means it is HOT. Which means SWEAT. If you’re a girl, then this product is for you. I definitely want to give it a try.
- Have you seen season 3 of Stranger Things?? If not, you need to. I LOVED the cinematography this season.
Thanks for checking in guys. Have a great weekend!! Talk soon.
Hello my friends. How are you today? Happy Friday! Today, we are gearing up for the weekend. Again, keeping today short and simple. Here’s what I have for you today:
- try to make it through this video without laughing
- songs I’ve had on repeat: better luck next time, moon over mexico, and body heat
- Design for Mankind has been posting about all the cakes she’s making from Simple Cake and now I’m craving cake and eager to try a recipe
- I think this is a fun Dolly Parton t-shirt.
- This UGA shirt is PERFECT for football season.
- wanna try these snacks: avocado fries, chili lime watermelon
- I think these Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat prints would look great in a kitchen
- Watch this to see some crazy talent
- If you’re looking for a new show to binge, check out this article and this article on theeverygirl
- Earlier this week, I found myself aimlessly stalking Jennifer Garner’s Instagram feed. She is so loveable and fun! If you’re looking to go down the rabbit hole, I highly recommend. Check out this clip of her making homemade bagels!
Alright folks. See you next week! Have a great weekend!
Good morning everyone! It’s been awhile since we’ve talked. I apologize for that. I just haven’t felt like posting. Each time I came to the screen, what I wanted to say seemed blahhh. But, after a few weeks away, I wanted to pop in and say, “hi. I’m still here.” The last few weeks have been busy, but oh so fun! I turned 26, AJ and I had a couples shower (see feature photo for me gushing over a card we received and AJ just enjoying the moment) and felt so loved, and this weekend my friend Lyd gets married! Lots going on, and lots to be excited about. I hope you guys have been well. Don’t be a stranger! Here’s what I have for you today:
- The people love Keanu Reeves.
- FREAKNIK Atlanta. Love this tee.
- I’d love to get one of these match strikers for the house.
- This card speaks the truth.
- Love this post that a friend shared that lists compliments that aren’t about physical appearance.
- Been listening to this book on audible for the past month, and if I could only listen to one book for the rest of forever this would be it.
- Thomas Rhett’s new album is going to be the soundtrack of my summer for sure.
- I’ve been binge-watching season 3 of Riverdale since it came out on Netflix, but also on my list of things to watch are: Always Be My Maybe, Fleabag, and Chernobyl.
- Julia and I’s new fave TV show is NBC’s Songland.
- I’d be lying if I told you I haven’t been struggling with body image. With the wedding getting closer and closer each day, I find myself becoming more and more critical of myself. I’m feeling this pressure to be the best version of myself there ever was for August 17. Then @matchaboutwellness shared this post on Instagram, and it was exactly the reminder I needed. As excited as I am for August 17, I am constantly reminding myself that it’s one day. That it’s unnecessary for me to put so much pressure on myself to ensure it will be the best day of my life. It’s easy to get caught up in the details and the industry. To compare your wedding to not only every wedding you’ve ever been to, but every stranger’s wedding on the internet. I’ve had to be very mindful the last few months about who I follow and what I look at. Because, in the end, the most important thing that day is that AJ and I will both say, “I do.” And the rest? Well, it’ll happen, and I’m sure it’ll be great but ultimately I’ll probably forget. I won’t remember what size I was, what we ate, or if guests thought our DJ was fun. In the end, I’ll remember that AJ and I committed to one another forever before God, and that’s what I have to keep reminding myself is most important.
- And what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t share the new Taylor Swift single?
That’s all for today guys. thanks for checking in.
Good morning frappsters! How have you been? Keeping today short and sweet. Here’s what I have for you today:
- These cookies topped with this salt sounds very up my alley.
- There is a new show premiering on Fox, and it’s from the creators of Friday Night Lights and Parenthood.
- My new insta follow: @things.i.bought.and.liked
- I really want to make this lavender simple syrup to put in iced coffee
- Dying to try this Hibiscus Lemongrass tea from Valor Coffee
- On my summer reading list: I Ain’t Doin’ It: Unfiltered Thoughts From a Sarcastic Southern Sweetheart
- A GAME ABOUT THE ENNEAGRAM ….YES PLEASE!
- AJ and I really dig this UGA flag on Amazon.
- We all long for the same thing… a way to make our weekends feel longer. This article suggests just the thing we need to do to feel that! …. I totally believe in their tip!
- Julia told me about these shoes she bought on Amazon for $15, and now I really want a pair.
Have a wonderful weekend!! See you next week!
Good morning all!!! How are you this morning? It is FRIDAY. My favorite day of the week. I just love that Friday feeling, you know? Last weekend was the best. I got to spend time with my favorite people, and it always rejuvinates me after I get to spend time with my folks. In addition to hanging out with my people, I got to hangout with AJ’s people. One of the perks of marrying AJ is getting to know and love his people. They are incredible, and many of them are having babies, and it’s the sweetest watching Aje become an uncle (please see feature photo for proof). I hope you get to spend time with people who fill you up this weekend. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Currently listening to: Endless Thread podcast, Infectious. I haven’t listened to season 1 or 2, but I’m pretty darn excited about these first 4 episodes of season 3, which discuss vaccines and anti-vaxxers.
- Olive and June is bringing the salon experience to your house with their Studio Box set. To learn more about the company, and the CEO listen to this episode of Second Life.
- I binged watched The Widow on Amazon Prime a few weekends ago. I also binged Slow Burn‘s season 2 at work this week.
- You MUST watch Brene Brown’s special: The Call to Courage on Netflix. I stayed up till 1 AM last Friday watching it. You’ll laugh and cry.
- My friend Linde just told me about this Hell Yeah Gluten Free’s pop-up tomorrow at Queen of Cream, the Highland location. She said their cinnamon rolls are the best. And now I really want to go. Can I get up early enough to make it?
- A new coffee shop, Fellows Cafe, opened in Roswell, and you know I’m dying to go check it out.
- This hand sanitzer is so asthetically pleasing. Don’t belive me? Just check out their instagram page.
- Apparently it’s time to ditch the loofah, boie usa is the new eco-friendly body scrubber.
- I just discovered Mari Andrew has a book of postcards AND a workbook for growing up. Both are now in my Amazon cart. AND the Girls’ Night In newsletter informed me this morning that there is a class on Skillshare on drawing for self-discovery taught by Mari Andrew…..I’m not an artist, but I REALLY WANT TO TAKE IT.
- Julia and I were talking about the new Taylor Swift single, ME, that came out last week. We both love it, and Ju informed me that a lot of people were hating on it. And we came to the conclusion that life would be a lot more fun if people just allowed themselves to like T-Swift. Don’t you agree?
That’s all for today folks. Have a fantastic weekend. I’ll see you next Friday.
Good morning frappsters! How are you today? I’m back on social media, which means I’m back to advertising for frappy friday. If you’re back for the first time in a few weeks, be sure to check out the previous frappy fridays. We were still posting even though it wasn’t being advertised. I hope you enjoy them! I’ve been very into podcasts lately, so I decided to dedicate today’s post to all the episodes I’ve listened to and think you might enjoy. Here’s what I have for you today:
- First up, Personal Best // Episode One Time Snooze – When I stumbled upon this episode, I knew I had to stop what I was doing and give it a listen. I immediately connected with Robin and her struggle with being a chronic snoozer. I sent the episode to AJ and my mom right after I finished listening. I wanted them to know I wasn’t the only one with this struggle! 🙂
- This American Life // Harper High School Part One and Part Two
- This American Life // Tell Me I’m Fat
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations // Anne Lamott: Three Prayers for Challenging Times
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Sessions // Brene Brown: The Anatomy Trust
- This American Life // Dr. Gilmer and Mr. Hyde
- WorkLife with Adam Grant // The Creative Power of Misfits
- Currently listening to: Broken Harts
- Past listens: Dirty John, Caliphate, Small Doses, Serial (Seasons 1 and 2), Armchair Expert, My Favorite Murder (saw them live)
- What are some of your favorites?? I’m ALWAYS looking for suggestions.
Seriously. Please send me any and all recommendations. I spend a lot of time in the car, and am always looking for something to listen to. Thanks for reading today! See you next week! Today’s featured image is from the every girl.
Good morning friend! How are you today? Last weekend, I went with Ju and Audge to see John Crist at The Fox, and it was the best way to spend a Sunday evening. We had a blast. I’m so thankful for time spent with good friends and belly laughter. I definitely want to make an effort to go see more live comedy shows. I hope you’re staying dry this rainy morning. Come on in, dry off, and help yourself to a hot cup of coffee. Here’s what I have for you today:
- It was incredibly difficult not to purchase one of these “Check Your Heart” sweatshirts from the show on Sunday
- I’ve heard of Man Repeller, but never really knew what it was. This article helped shed a light on how Man Repeller came to be, and I kinda love it. It’s all about wearing clothing that YOU love, no matter what anyone else thinks.
- Aje and I went to the Avalon last weekend to do some shopping, and we ran into Ju! It was the best. We all decided to grab lunch together at El Felix. I ordered the Chelada, a Dos XX over ice with fresh lime juice. I really enjoyed it, but Ju and Aje thought it was mehh.
- I Think You’re Wrong (But I’m Listening)…. I’m dying to read this book, and contemplating sending it to my state Senators and Representatives.
- Currently listening to: Caliphate podcast
- Objective Troy: A Terrorist, a President, and the Rise of the Drone is a book about “the first United States citizen deliberately hunted and assassinated by his own government without trial.”
- Just bought my new summer sandal from American Eagle.
- I listened to all of the Dirty John podcast in one day.
- I just learned that Dax Shepard came out with a new TV Show, Bless This Mess.
- This article about procrastination was eye-opening.
That’s all for today! Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend, and Happy Easter!