One of my favorite memories from college is Frappy Friday (shoutout to my boys, Loges & Robo). It consisted of friends gathering in the SLC and sharing a frosty joe from our beloved coffee shop, Jittery Joes. It was the highlight of my week every week. I haven’t found anything like it since graduating from college. It’s something I miss dearly, so I thought it was time to bring the frap back in a new way. Every week, you guessed it, on Friday I’ll share a new post made up of things I’d like to share with you. Sit back, grab a frap, and enjoy!
- One of my go-to playlists on Spotify is New Music Friday. It’s the best way for me to keep up with the latest releases. Today, the playlist featured the title track from Thomas Rhett’s newest album, Life Changes. *swoon* It’s so good. But I also think Thomas Rhett can do no wrong, so I might be a bit biased, but you should give it a listen and form your own opinion.
- You know how now-a-days, everything can be delivered to your door? Well, you can add vitamins to the list. I just signed up for a monthly subscription of vitamins with care/of and I’m in love. From the quiz you take online to the packaging, everything feels personally catered to me! Big fan.
- Currently, the roomies and I are watching The Jinx on HBO. It’s about the disappearance of real estate heir Robert Durst’s wife. I’m a sucker for a good crime thriller, and this six-part series had me hooked from the very first episode.
- If we’ve ever met then you have most likely heard me mention Ben Stuart. He used to lead Breakaway Ministries at Texas A&M before he and his wife, Donna, joined the Passion City Church team. Now, he lives in DC where he will be heading up Passion City Church DC. All that to say, he does a series called Single/Dating/Engaged/Married and it’s incredible. Highly highly highly recommend you give it a listen on the Breakaway Ministries podcast. But, if you want more, he just wrote a book by the same name and I can’t wait to give it a read. The book is currently available for pre-order.
- Winky Lux Glimmer Balm. I’m a sucker for packaging, so when one of the fashion bloggers I follow posted the products involved in her daily makeup routine, I fell in love with it right away. A cute blush tube and glittery balm? Sign me up!Supposedly, the clear balm reacts with your lip’s pH levels to create the perfect shade of pink? That’s pretty cool too. Can’t wait to try it.
- Two weeks ago I heard about the Pretty BIG Movement and was so inspired. These folks are wicked talented. Check ’em out.
- I’m almost afraid to even mention it, but I can’t NOT. Look What You Made Me Do. Taylor Swift’s new song. I’d be lying to you if I said I didn’t spend a majority of my time online reading all the different theories about the new music video. But the three most recent posts by Morgangster were some of my favorite. Not to mention, we got some pretty cool dances out of it too, like this one and this one.
- Hurricane Harvey. Watching the devastation has been heart breaking. Watching people come together to help those affected has been heartwarming. If you are considering donating, but are nervous about the legitimacy of an organization, try out Charity Navigator. They evaluate different charities and their legitimacy. For an in-depth description about Charity Navigator, click here. Brene Brown recently took to her Instagram page to post about the need for underwear. Thanks to a friend’s recommendation (looking at you, Mo), I recently purchased a Texas Forever Shirt from Magnolia. All proceeds from August 28-September 30 will be donated to Hurricane Harvey disaster relief efforts.
- Go Dawgs!
That’s all I got for today. Hope to see ya back next week!