Happy Friday folks!! You made it through this week’s trials and challenges. Time to unwind, kick back, and relax. Take a deep breath and let that cool autumn air fill your lungs. Grab a cup of joe, switching back to a steaming hot cup of coffee to wrap my hands around, and prop those feet up. Here’s what I have for you today:
- I’ve been thinking about food a lot lately. That’s not really anything new. But recently I’ve been thinking A LOT about the effects food can have on me. And I’m not talking about weight. I’m talking about energy levels, skin complexion, depression, sleep patterns, and mood. Yes, I would love to be really skinny. But more than anything, I just want to be and feel healthy. I am constantly plagued by anxiety, depression, and stress. And I feel like I have tried everything: medicine, counselors, essential oils. All of which have helped and all of which I am supporters of. But the one thing I haven’t tried is changing my diet, and I’m really starting to think that I might find myself pleasantly surprised with the results. I stumbled upon this website the other day, and found it really interesting. Now, I’m seriously considering attempting my second whole 30. My first attempt was almost exactly two years ago… I think? I made it 18 days…..whoops. And I vowed to never try again, but then I came across some new found inspiration. So, we shall see.
- Donuts make me happy. And I don’t just say that because I like donuts, but because they actually bring me happiness. It’s weird, I know, but there’s something about a pink glazed donut with sprinkles that is so pretty. Or these Neapolitan Bars from Revolution Doughnuts? They’re just mesmerizing to look at. I’ve come to realize I follow multiple doughnut Instagram accounts. Because how can I not? They are just so colorful . Last week I was scrolling through Facebook when this beauty popped up on my newsfeed. Dreamy, right?
- I can appreciate a great complexion. If we’re friends, you’ve most likely, at some point, heard me compliment someone on their great complexion. It’s probably because I’ve always had to deal with blemishes, dryness, and scarring. So, when I see smooth soft skin, I can’t help but say something. And in the last few weeks, I have altered my skin care routine multiple times. Fightin’ hard for clear skin. My skin is uber sensitive, so I have to be conscious about what I put on my face. This book caught my eye, and I’m real interested to read it.
- What’s all the hype with silk pillow cases? A few people have mentioned them and posted about them. Are they really worth the investment?
- I read the synopsis of this book on Amazon and got jazzed (in a good way). You go girl.
- I have a really bad habit of buying a book to read before I’ve finished the one I’m currently reading. Same thing goes for bible studies. I’m currently working through Consider the Lilies, which I mentioned a few weeks ago. And I recently ordered this Blessed is She study for advent. So I’m cutting myself off. No more studies for a while. BUT I am adding this study to my ongoing list.
- THIS article was spectacular. All too true for me. I’m trying to think of a way to summarize it, but I can’t. You simply have to read it yourself. I’m printing it out and placing it somewhere I can see it everyday.
- This pin made me smile. Social anxiety is a real thing people. Shoutout to all my introvert readers. Funny fact: My mom just discovered last week that I’m an introvert.
- anxiety and amazon. I’m always looking for a good product that may help alleviate some of my anxiety. This slideshow full of amazon products was fun to flip through. Maybe #12 could help me with both my stress and chronic back pain?
- Here’s how we can help California recover from the fires.
- My friend, Cait, is constantly getting on to me for talking bad about myself. When I found this article, I was immediately reminded of her constant encouragement. I sent her a picture of the article title to let her know I’m working on it.
- I watched you’ve got mail the other day and it was just what I needed. Truth be told, I’ve always wanted someone to send me a bouquet of sharpened pencils.
- I would really love to pull off the ascot look. And it makes me sad that this one is sold out.
That’s a wrap folks! Again, thank you for reading. I can’t even begin to express how much it means to me. Enjoy your weekend! See ya next week.