Good morning y’all! How the heck are ya? Ready for the weekend? Me too. Well, let’s start it off right. Grab that coffee and get cozy. May I suggest a song for your listening pleasure while you scroll through? Saw Luke Combs last night at the Tabernacle and WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. It was incredible. That guy knows how to put on a show. He did a cover of Ed Sheeran’s song Dive and it was to die for. Give it a listen while you read. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Loving these flow charts from Bustle. This “which cheesy holiday song are you” pegged me down perfectly. I got Last Christmas by Wham!
- One of the biggest complaints I hear about going to mass is that it’s hard to pay attention. I totally get it. I would be straight up lying to you if I told you I had never started daydreaming during mass, or that I had never started to nod off. I understand the struggle. When I went to Protestant churches with friends in college, almost always they brought a journal with them to take notes. I loved that! It always helped me to be more attentive because I was eager to write down the truth I was learning. Not to mention, I’m always looking for an excuse to buy a new journal. Well, I’m super excited to share Every Sacred Sunday with y’all. It’s a mass journal and it starts this Sunday, and I’m super pumped to take it to mass with me.
- I love a good gift guide. Hannah Brencher made several: one for her, one for him, and one for gifts that give back. I think they’re worth a look if you’re still doing some holiday shopping.
- Where are the Mary Kate and Ashley heartthrobs now? Does anyone else remember when “Freeform” was actually “Fox Family” and they used to play Mary Kate and Ashley marathons on the weekend? Those were my jam. Weekends full of Full House and all the best MK & Ash flicks that I grew up on. Sweet bliss.
- Love Brunch? And making new friends? Check out But First Let’s Brunch. My girl Karmyn sent me the link earlier this week and I thought it was a really cool concept.
- I loved Parenthood and Friday Night Lights. They are some of my favorite TV shows. I’m happy to tell ya Christmas came early, because the producers of FNL and Parenthood have a new show coming to NBC in March. It’s called Rise.
- This is probably the best invention ever. Definitely thinking about investing. Because we all know the hardest part about going through the Chick-fil-A drive through is trying to keep those fries warm until you get where you’re going. With this nifty gadget, we could just dive on in.
- When I was younger, I had a huge obsession with Anastasia. I absolutely LOVED the song “Once Upon a December,” but I could never remember the words, so I would make my friend Caitlin sing the song to me whenever we hung out (surprisingly, she still hangs out with me). Finally, I got someone to write down the lyrics for me and for awhile I kept them in my wallet. All that to say, Anastasia is coming to Broadway! And we got a sneak peek of “Once Upon a December” during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- I think these scrolls are super cute, and I kinda want to buy one. Might make a great holiday gift or house warming present.
- I just ordered a diffuser necklace, and I’m pretty pumped for it to come in. But I think I was more pumped about the price. I got it from Vitality Extracts. I heard about them from a new friend and immediately started following them on Instagram.
Happy December 1st everyone! I hope you have a great weekend! Stay safe and warm! If you happen to be baking Christmas cookies, or sitting by the fire and need some company, hit me up.