How we doin party people? It’s finally Friday. We made it!! We survived the week AND January! I’ve been loving all the memes about how long January has felt. So true. February, we welcome you with open arms. Well friends, I hope you have fun plans for the Super Bowl, and when I say that I really mean, find a place to watch the halftime show because you’re not gonna want to miss it. As for the game, I just want the Patriots to lose. And that’s really it. Alright guys, lets get to it, shall we? The coffee is brewed. If you’re stayin, I’m pourin. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Kristin Ess. She’s my new girl crush. I want to purchase all her products at Target, but especially this Rose Gold Temporary Tint. It’s a temporary dye that washes right out! Lauren Conrad tried it and posted a pic of her hair on her insta stories and it looked AMAZING. Feel like it would just be a fun thing to do for the weekend, ya know? Spice things up.
- Recently went to the eye doctor, and it turns out my prescription has doubled. So, I was essentially walking blind for the last year and a half. Desperate for some new glasses ASAP, I searched Zenni and EyeBuyDirect. I found this pair on EyeBuyDirect. Feel like it’s a pretty bold choice for me. I’m hoping I don’t regret it.
- Been very into ceramic mugs. Here are a few I have my eye on: Margaret & Beau, Manjar Ceramics, and Freckled Pottery.
- Did you guys ever watch Saved By the Bell? That show was my JAM. I grew up on it. I’d be glued to the TV screen in the mornings, munchin on my blueberry eggo waffle, and mom doing my hair. Those were the good ol’ days. WELL, there is a Saved By the Bell pop up diner coming to LA, and I’m super jealous!!
- I love bagels. And one of the first places I’m going when this Whole 30 is over with will be Emerald City Bagels. The new bagel joint just opened in East Atlanta Village.
- Speaking of the Whole 30, I’m on day 19 and I haven’t died yet, so I’ll call that progress. As far as results? Can’t say I’m noticing any drastic differences. But, maybe one day I’ll wake up and it will all hit me at once, and I’ll be like, “Ohhhhh! This really is worth it!” At least, that’s what I’m hoping for. In the meantime, I’m prepping for the Super Bowl. I found a few recipes courtesy of Pinterest for Whole 30 compliant tailgate foods. Definitely think I’ll make these wings. But these sweet potato chips look real good. Stadium Green Beans….that would probably be a first for me.
- Justin Timberlake’s album, Man of the Woods, was released last night at midnight. So, you know I jammed out to it this morning when I was up at the crack of freakin dawn for my physical therapy appointment. He also released a new music video for his title track, Man of the Woods. Y’all, he dances with Jessica Biel in the music video and ohmygoodness bestillmyheart. It is so precious. Ya have to check it out. I loved it. Every second of it.
- I subscribe to a beauty box called Oui Fresh and each month they send me five natural beauty products. This past month they sent me one of their own lipsticks and I really love it! It’s such a fun color!
- Last weekend, I went with Mo and Audge, to see a live podcast of My Favorite Murder and oh my goodness it was awesome. I had heard of the podcast but never actually listened to it, so the live show was my first time listening. Incredible! Highly recommend. And if you have the opportunity to see them live, you DEFINITELY need to!
- My physical therapist suggested I give pilates a try. I was talking to her about my chronic back pain and she said she had several clients with chronic back pain who tried pilates and it either got rid of their pain completely or helped minimize the pain. Well, that is QUITE a pitch. Consider me sold. I signed up for the balanced life’s free mind & body pilates challenge. So, we shall see! Also, please keep me accountable on this. We all know I’m notorious for starting things and never finishing.
That’s a wrap! Catch ya next week!