Hey guys, good morning! I missed last week, and I don’t really have a reason other than Friday snuck up on me, and I wasn’t really prepared. Been feeling a lot of that recently: like my life is in shambles and I’m just barely getting by, but I have to remind myself to celebrate the small victories. I’m so grateful you’re here, and I hope frappy friday is able to bring you a little joy, laughter, or rest among the chaos of everyday life. Here’s what I have for you today, friend:
- If you’re a regular, you might remember I posted about the #100dayproject in a previous frappy friday. Well, it started this past week, and I made a last minute decision to participate. Recently, I’ve been having this urge to create something. Now, I’m no artist or singer, so I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to satisfy this itch. But a few things came to mind: watercolor and letter brushing. So, one day I went to Michaels and roamed the aisles. I stumbled upon the letter brushing workbook and a watercolor starter kit. The workbook was cheaper, and that was ultimately the deciding factor. With all that being said, I’ve committed to practicing letter brushing for 100 days! I’m pretty excited about it. You can follow my journey on my insta stories, if you so please! If you want to participate in the #100dayproject, I really encourage you to give it a try! I think you’ll surprise yourself.
- Every Thursday is date night for me and AJ. Every other Thursday Aje comes to the ATL . I’ve been trying to take him to a new restaurant every other week, so I can start crossing places off on my ATL Eats Wish List. Last night we went the Galla’s Pizza. We split a single order of wings (hot with a side of lemon pepper – Aje tossed them himself at the table) and a mini pizza (chicken in the grass), and I think we were both pleasantly surprised. They were also playing bingo, which was an added bonus. I would definitely recommend you give them a try.
- A few weeks back, I posted about this adorable plant mister from anthropologie. Well, now you can get a cheaper version at Target! I’m a little confused on the price. The website lists it for $14.99 but this instagram account said it was only $9.99. I dragged AJ to Target last night so I could get one, unfortunately they were all sold out. But the trip was not a waste! Because I walked away with these (mine were brown). I just couldn’t help myself! And here’s a little video that perfectly describes me and my Target experiences.
- Lake Street Dive is going on tour and coming to Atlanta. I’m definitely trying to go.
- Anyone want to travel with me to Suwanee to visit Caffé Bene and try this?
- I asked for this blanket for my birthday, because I think its perfect for just lounging in the park or having a picnic. My goal this summer is to spend as much time as I can outside.
- These straw bags seem to be all the rage. Every fashion blogger I follow has posted about them.
- Speaking of bloggers, I feel like all the food bloggers I follow have been posting about Japanese sweet potatoes, and I’m very eager to give them a try. These fries look delish.
- Y’all know I have a huge heart for Atlanta. Well, that also extends to the state of Georgia in general. This place is home. I really like this state pride shirt.
- Any Gilmore Girls or Parenthood fans? Lauren Graham is coming out with a new book!
- Y’all, when I was in Aspen, my friends and I came up with the idea to start a satirical food blog called Stirrin the Pot. Audge made an Instagram account. We haven’t posted any content but I’m very hopeful we will. What are your thoughts? Yay or Nay? Let us know!
That’s it for today! Thanks for stopping by. I can’t adequately express how much it means to me. Have a frappy friday, and a great weekend!