Welcome to, frappy friday, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome… to frappy friday!! Did you catch that reference? It’s from She’s the Man. Great movie. Highly recommend. How are you today?? I’m excited I get to spend a few minutes with you this morning. Any big life updates? Prayer requests? Small victories you want to celebrate? Never hesitate to reach out. Here’s what I have for you this week:
- This week I discovered a show called Deception. It’s about an illusionist who teams up with the FBI to help them solve crimes. It’s Now You See Me meets Castle meets The Prestige. I’m really enjoying it. I’d recommend it if you’re looking for a new TV show. I watched it on hulu. The first 5 episodes are available.
- I know I am extremely late to the game, but I have finally discovered my love for Trader Joe’s. The one in Atlanta really stresses me out, but I found one that is on my way home from Sunday school, and now I am finding myself actually looking forward to grocery shopping *gasp*. Who would have ever thought? This past week I tried their frozen Mexican Style Roasted Corn and it was delicious! I also tried the Green Goddess Dressing that you’ve probably seen a lot of food bloggers post about, and I’ll just say there is a reason everyone is posting about it. SO GOOD. Next on my list, I really want to try their ginger turmeric tea and the Grass Fed Beef Sirloin Roast. Is there anything you love from Trader Joe’s that you think I should try? Let me know!
- Here are some of my Instagram discoveries from this week that I was really excited about: cottonstem, farmhousebydesign, amirarahimart, and grovecollaborative. Any Instagram accounts you love to follow? I’d love to check them out!
- Alright, time for a moment of brutal honesty. My room is a wreck. It literally looks like a bomb went off. I’m so embarrassed of it. I NEED to clean it for my own emotional and mental health. But I just CANNOT bring myself to it. It overwhelms me just thinking about it. However, I watched some really great insta stories by Karla Reed that provided some motivation and helpful tips. Go to her Instagram profile and check out her saved stories! You’ll probably love them all but I’m specifically referring to her stories about laundry and #closetreworkchallenge. Also check out this article about spring cleaning. I’m confident you’ll find it helpful.
- Hannah Brencher, who is one of my favorite bloggers, I’m sure you’re all like, “we know.” is coming out with a new book. And get this? It comes out on my birthday (May 29 in case you don’t know)!!!! Coincidence? I think not. You know I already pre-ordered it, but I just wanted to share it with y’all in case you want to check it out.
- This lemon lavender shortbread looks really good. Debating on if I should order some.
- My most recent purchase: a foam roller. This little guy was something I discovered in physical therapy and while he is quite painful, he really did help. I’ve been putting off purchasing one, and I just couldn’t anymore. So, last night I drug Aje to Target and I finally caved. The muscles in my hip are very excited.
- Capsule Wardrobe. You know it’s been on my mind for months. I’ve mentioned it before on frappy friday, and here I am mentioning it again. It’s time. I need to stop talking about it and take action. Put my money where my mouth is! Have any advice?
- With that being said, perhaps I need to try this challenge. I do love a good challenge, as you have probably picked up on. I’m currently doing the #100dayproject and earlier this year I completed my first Whole 30.
- I got to spend some quality time with my friend Morgan earlier this week. We hadn’t seen each other in so long, and it was sweet getting to catch up. Well, she told me about the Atlanta Dining Passbook and I am seriously considering purchasing one! What a great way to check out all the awesome restaurants of Atlanta. I feel like it would really come in handy for Thursday date night.
Well, that’s all for today. Check back in next week! Have a lovely weekend. Be safe.