Gooooooooooood morninggggggggg! The sun’s awake so I’m awake! How are you today? Personally, I’m really craving a bowl of granola sprinkled with frozen blueberries and topped with a spalsh of ice cold milk. Wow, my stomach just growled. Let’s change the subject. I forgot how hard it is to go to work during the summer. To motivate myself to sit at a desk when all I want to do is lay on the dock with the sun beaming down on me. But we gotta do what we gotta do. Well, you know how it goes. Grab something to sip on, and get comfy. Here’s what I have for you today:
- A few months back, my friend Erin, and loyal frappy friday reader, reccommended the budgeting software YNAB. So, like I do, I took that information and sat with it for a few months before deciding to take action. Now, I think I’m gettting ready to take the plunge and invest in this software. Because I’m 25, and it’s time a take my finances seriously. Afraid of commitment? No worries, I got you. Test out the waters for two months free by signing up through this blog. dollar dollar bills, y’all.
- After reading her post about YNAB, I started exploring the rest of Joanna’s blog, A Cup of Jo. I ended up on this post about friendship, and loved it. I think it’s really helpful, so I wanted to share it with you guys. Because growing older has taught me that making new friends can be really hard, and so is maintaining old friendships. You have to fight for your friends, and I think this post can help.
- AJ’s family loves music. They go to more concerts than anyone else I know. Yesterday, AJ texted me and asked if I wanted to go see St. Paul and the Broken Bones at the Fox. Truthfully, I said yes, without ever having heard St. Paul and the Broken Bones. But, the great thing about the G Fam is that they not only love music, but they love good music. So, I felt pretty confident this was going to be a good show that I wouldn’t want to miss out on. 25 seconds into this song, and I was sold. I listened to em the whole way up to Buford last night.
- Audge, most likely frappy friday’s biggest fan, tagged me in this instagram post earlier in the week, and I knew instantly I had to include it on this week’s post. I haven’t had the chance to give it a listen but I have no doubt it’s a quality episode.
- This summer I’ve been craving chocolate almond coconut milkshakes from Brusters. No joke, my mouth is watering even after just typing it. It’s essentially an almond joy in a cup. I highly reccomend. So, if you’re ever craving ice cream, and don’t have anyone to go with: hit me up.
- My favorite new spot in Chamblee is Poke Bar. Whenever someone asks where we should go for lunch or dinner, it’s always my top suggestion. Let’s go get dinner one night!
- My Netflix show for the week has been Madam Secretary. I’m getting caught up on Season 3. It’s one of my favorite shows. I love the relationship between Secretary McCord and her husband, Dr. Henry McCord. So sweet. It’s like Coach and Tami Taylor meet West Wing.
- The band played this song at K + G’s wedding two weeks ago, and it has been on repeat in my head ever since. It instantly puts me in a good mood.
- Need some encouragement in your life? Well, let me introduce you to your new favorite instagram account. Dani and Dannah are about to hit you with the truth you’ve been needing to hear. They are so freaking precious.
- Monday and Tuesday of this week were really hard for me. I struggled with one of my bouts, as I like to call them, with depression. I wasn’t okay, and I was having a hard time admitting that. But Tuesday evening I admitted to myself I wasn’t okay, and I was able to trudge through the mud with the help of mom and aje. Better days came, and if you’re trudging through the mud, I’m here to tell you better days are coming for you too. Come Matter Here, the book I’m currently reading, really helped remind me that these bouts don’t last forever. I highly reccommend it. Not to mention, my friend Ashley texted me on Tuesday saying she was reading CMH and it was changing her life. So, it’s not just me y’all. It really is a phenomenal read.
Okay friends. Our time has come to the end. Enjoy your Friday, and have one heck of a weekend. I’ll see ya next week!