Good afternoon folks! Coming to you late in the day, but late is better than never, right? Thanks for checking in. I’m so glad you’re here. Hey, if you ever stumble upon something cool, let me know! I’d love to include it on frappy friday. It’s always good seeing you. Here’s what I have for you today:
- new doughnut shop: hell yeah! gluten free AND she’s doing a giveaway for a 2-hour baking lesson on a dessert of your choice! You know I entered, and I chose cinnamon rolls, because tell me these don’t look fantastic? I’ll wait.
- will someone please go with me to reformation brewery this weekend? they are celebrating harry potter’s birthday and I do not want to miss it. It’s bloody brilliant. Speaking of Harry Potter, check out this Harry Potter pop-up bar in London. I think I speak for everyone when I say we NEED on in the states.
- As some of you may know, I had a little run in with ants on my car earlier this week. I was so paranoid that they were going to get inside and then I would have an infestation on my hands. I tried to stay on top of it by spraying Windex all over the windows, doors, and tires. I even went to the car wash one day during my lunch break. But what I think really did the trick was this essential oil spray I made. I took a 2 oz spray bottle and filled it with 1 tsp of unscented witch hazel, 10 drops of peppermint essential oil, 10 drops of thieves essential oil, and 7 drops of lemon essential oil. Then I filled the remainder of the bottle with equal parts witch hazel and distilled water. After spraying this around my car, I didn’t see another ant. So, fingers crossed it stays this way! I say all that to tell you I stumbled upon some really awesome car washes, so if you are ever in need you should check out Eco Auto Clean (they have all five stars on yelp! AND they come to you!) and Bright Car Wash. Again, they have all five star reviews on yelp! and their office is this red railroad cart, and that’s pretty cool.
- Y’all, my friend Katie is giving away a free week of her meal plans to 20 of her friends. As soon as she announced it, I sent her a DM on Instagram, because we all know I need all the help in the world when it comes to cooking. Katie just launched Katie Archer Kitchen. It’s all about creating meals with a little more joy and simplicity. And that is something I can get on board with. The only time I have ever meal prepped in my life is when I make muffins on Sunday/Monday night to eat for breakfast the entire week, and I can attest that the recipe, which I got from Katie, is so quick and simple, and they taste delicious. I cannot recommend her enough. Go check her out!
- I’ve always loved The Fast and the Furious franchise. I can’t really tell you why, but I’m always down to watch the movies, and when they come out in theaters, you can bet your bottom dollar I’m going to see it. So obviously, I was a huge Paul Walker fan. The news of his death devastated me. They just released the trailer for the documentary, ‘I Am Paul Walker,‘ that comes out on August 11. I can’t wait to watch it.
- For those of us that wear glasses, I have great news to report. Your dreams have come true. You can now watch TV or read a book while wearing your glasses and laying your head on a pillow. Best invention of all time.
- Because I was an English major in college people commonly make the mistake that when it comes to literature I love a good classic. They couldn’t be more wrong. I LOVE a good YA novel. It’s always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I’m pretty darn excited for August 17th because To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is coming to Netflix. I do own the book, but have yet to read it (a terrible habit of mine, but as you all know I am working on creating better habits), so I would love to read it before it is released on Netflix. And you know what they say, “the book is always better than the movie.”
- Have you guys ever heard of a house dress? I just learned about them yesterday, and now I kinda want one. Apparently, you just throw ’em on over your clothes when doing chores around the house, or making a quick errand. Let’s bring ’em back!!
- I read this post on @overheardla’s Instagram page, and I laughed out loud. I actually think it’s totally brilliant.
- Bought this keychain from Moorea Seal, and I love it. When I’m running out the door, and my hands are full I can slide it on my wrist and wear it like a bracelet. I love how simple and minimal it is. And it’s currently on sale!
Alright, y’all. That’s all for today. Have a fantastic weekend!! Hope to see you next week.