Good morning friends! I could not be more excited that it’s Friday AND a three-day weekend. I don’t know why exactly but I am ready for this week to be over. Bring on the rest and relaxation, and the excitement and rush that comes with the beginning of college football. This Saturday I’ll be cheering on the Dawgs from St. Simons with good friends. I’m pretty darn excited. I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend, and that might look like having nothing scheduled on the calendar, but lounging on the couch. That sounds like a great weekend to me. Hey, I’m pumped your here. Maybe this week you’re joining me from the road as you travel for the Labor Day holiday? Well, grab a cup of joe from QT and get comfy. Here’s what I have for you today:
- DAWGS play on Saturday. GET HYPED. Interesting fact about me: I love a good sports story. Remember the Titans? Friday Night Lights? The Natural? Field of Dreams? goose bumps. every time. And occasionally tears. This means I love a good hype video. It might actually be my favorite part of football season. Being able to watch captured moments paired with words that perfectly express the heart and passion of the Bulldawg Nation? Truly an incredible feeling.
- full commission did not disappoint. go give it a try y’all. the cinnamon roll (see photo above) was just as amazing as I had hoped and the cheese grits and home fires? they stole my heart. I’ll go back with you, because next on my list is their homemade pop tart.
- Last week I mentioned To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. Star Noah Centineo has captured the hearts of many. Well, folks I have good news. There is more to look forward to. Noah also stars in the Netflix film Sierra Burgess is a Loser that comes out on September 7th.
- I have a new fashion icon, and she’s only six years old.
- If you just moved to a new city or are going through a season of change, go check out Shauna Niequist’s latest post on Instagram. It’s got some real good advice.
- I’ve been pretty grouchy all week, and I don’t really know why. So, I was thankful for anything that made me laugh this week, and this video was definitely something that made me laugh. I watched it without sound the first time, and honestly found it funnier with no sound. Maybe it’ll give you a laugh too.
- I saw an article on Facebook that recommended you eat fries with champagne. I shared with Audge on Facebook that we needed to plan a time when we could give this a try, and multiple friends commented they wanted to join. Now I’m thinking I should just throw a party with all the fries and champagne anyone could ever want. What do you think?
- Alright guys, I need your help, give me all the recommendations for podcasts, audio books, and good tunes. I’m about to spend five plus hours in the car tonight, and I’m gonna need help staying awake.
- Need a new bible study? And like free things? Hayley Morgan just released a new bible study and it’s free. Check out Pennies are for Wishing.
- Discovered a few new apps that I thought I would share. I have yet to download them because my phone is acting like an angsty teenager and honestly I’m over it. And on top of that, I must have done something really terrible to my laptop because she quit working on me…it’s like she’s giving me the silent treatment. So now I’m doing my best to speak words of encouragement to her in hopes she’ll stop being mad at me and start working again. Because, I can’t afford to get her fixed right now, so here we are. Any who, back to the apps. First one is Cladwell. It creates outfits for you based on the clothes you already own. No more stress of having to figure out what to wear? Sign me up. The second is wearwell. It’s essentially a stitch fix for the more conscious consumer.
- Anyone want to take a road trip to Alpharetta and check out this new coffee shop?
Fall is coming guys. I can feel it in the air, and I’m ready to welcome it with open arms. Have a great weekend! I’ll see you in a week!