Good morning folks! How are ya on this dreary morning? If you ask me, it’s the perfect day to just stay in bed and watch Hallmark Channel Christmas movies all day long. I haven’t seen any yet this season. I know, shocking!! But, my sweet momma texted me earlier this week to let me know she bought us matching sweatshirts to wear as we watch all the new Christmas movies that premiere. So, we are PREPARED. Y’all, last weekend I was in the Great Smoky Mountains with family, and I wish you all could have seen the leaves. They were magnificent. The prettiest I’ve seen them in several years. I tried to capture the beauty on camera (see video below), but it just doesn’t do it justice. Are you ready for the weekend? Me too. Please sit down, and let me grab you a mug! Here’s what I have for you today:
- Netflix find: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I didn’t really find this on Netflix. I had seen people post about it and recommend it on Facebook; but I heard that it was sad, and I kept putting off watching it because I didn’t want to be sad. Then earlier this week, the weather was dreary, like this morning, and it was the perfect time to cozy up on the couch with a glass of wine and watch a good film. This movie did not disappoint. It was a captivating story and pulls at your heart strings. And while at times the story was sad, it has a happy ending. I highly recommend.
- podcast rec: bear brook podcast – haven’t had a chance to check this one out. anyone listened before!?
- Apparently I was today years old when I learned the proper way to use dry shampoo.
- I probably need this budget workbook.
- I really want to try and make this embroidered Christmas tree ornament. It’s just so cute!
- I don’t like my coffee black and I don’t like whiskey at all but I still like this sign from The Old Try.
- My friend Sara posted this video on my Facebook and it made my whole week. It’s Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel on the Tonight Show. Confused why Justin isn’t talking? Jimmy does a silent interview with JT. ONLY THEY COULD PULL IT OFF. Also the clips made me very eager to read Hindsight.
- My friend Callie is trying to gather feminine products to donate to the women at the Atlanta Mission homeless shelter. She created a list on Amazon that contains all the products they are in need of. If you are able, please consider making a purchase! You can also access the list by clicking the link in her bio.
- I made two purchases this week. The first was this clear purse for any event I attend in a stadium. I’ve been holding off purchasing one, because I didn’t real think it was necessary. I didn’t think I attended enough stadium events to invest in one. However, I’ve found myself attending more events that require clear bags than I expected, so I decided to take the plunge. Because as someone with chronic pain, I always need to have a bottle of Aleve with me. And as someone who is prone to spilling and stains, I like to keep a tide to go pen with me at all times. Not to mention the necessities like a wallet and phone. You see? A purse just makes things easier.
- The second item I purchased was this pair of jeans from Everlane. They were having a sale where all denim was $50.00. I couldn’t pass it up!
That’s all for today! Thanks for hanging. See you next week!!
These are leaves we saw on our car ride: