Hello and good morning! How are you today? I think I know why I’ve been stuck in this rut of only posting every other week. I often write about what’s on my mind. And lately, I’ve allowed wedding planning to consume my thoughts. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t let frappy friday become a blog all about wedding planning, because that’s not what I want for this space. So, when the only things I can come up with to share are all wedding related, I decide to skip the week. I will say this, wedding planning has taught me a lot about myself. It’s revealed a lot of truths about me that I was ignoring or unaware of. I would like to share those truths with you, because while my eyes were opened due to the wedding planning process, the core of what I want to share with y’all are the life lessons I learned. What do you think about that? If you would like to talk about the season of engagement or the wedding planning process, feel free to reach out to me directly. I’m more than happy to chat about it. We can grab coffee, and sit down face to face and have a DHC (deep hearted conversation). Or, if you just want to grab coffee and chat I’d love that too! Anyways, here’s what I have for you this week:
- According to my sources, aka AJ, it’s supposed to rain all next week. If you don’t have a pair of rain boots yet, check out these cute booties from Target.
- My current binge watch: Blindspot. Every episode leaves you wanting more. Be very careful. It’s kinda like eating lays potato chips: you can’t just watch one.
- Dreams do come true!!!! You can now apply to be an extra for a Hallmark Channel Christmas Movie.
- Here are all the ways you can celebrate Valentine’s Day without buying a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates: a Chick-Fil-A heart shaped nugget tray , a pickle bouquet, or buying a box of these Kit-Kat drumsticks.
- My friend Mck highly recommended that I read the book, Where the Crawdads Sing, and I’ve been dying to read it ever since. My secret love language: when someone reads a book and recommends it to you because it reminded them of you.
- Looking for a good science read? Check out this list of The Best Science Books of 2018.
- I just discovered that John Krasinski and Justin Timberlake are friends, and it made me giddy.
- I’m loving these t-shirts from Charlie Southern at Palmetto Moon. Specifically, this Sandlot one and Pretty Women one.
- Thank you American Girl Doll for making a Jimmy Fallon doll.
- Anyone want to take a trip to Venice? I’m dying to check out this coffee shop, Great White Venice.
Side note: The photo I shared for today is from AJ and I’s engagement session. We were taking pictures of me on AJ’s back when AJ suddenly leaned forward and told me to swim. I then attempted to do some breastroke. But do not be fooled. Here is the truth behind our photos: right before our engagement photos both AJ and I were in a funk. And I was very nervous going into our shoot that it would come across in pictures. I was self conscious about my outfit, and second guessing location, hair, and makeup. AJ was upset that I asked him to shave his beard. I was so stressed about having the “perfect” photos that I was taking the joy out of the process. We were a mess. I am so incredibly grateful for our photographer, Katelyn, because she helped both AJ and I to feel at ease. I share that with you, because it’s really important to me that you know that AJ and I aren’t perfect. Boy, do we have our struggles. So while this picture is cute and fun, just remember we have our days where we fight and get irritated with one another. *that was a bit of a tangent, but I’m done now.*
See you next week!