Hi friends, good morning. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. This year more than any year before I’ve been super excited for Thanksgiving. For the yummy foods, for the time with family, for that Thanksgiving Day Parade. Our Thanksgiving was far from perfect, but it was one I’ll cherish and I’m thankful for the new nostalgia I felt for the holiday this year. I’m at work today, but I know some of you might be out shopping those sales. Black Friday has brought some mixed feelings this year. Half of me is panicking that I’m going to miss out on a once in a lifetime deal, and the other half is trying hard to resist the urge to purchase something that I really don’t need. This Instagram post from Erin Loechner was just what I needed to hear. If you’re feeling torn too, I hope it can provide some comfort. Here’s what I have for you today:
- AJ’s pretty strict when it comes to decorating the house for Christmas before Thanksgiving. I’m the total opposite. The day after Halloween, I’m pulling out Christmas themed everything. This year, I decided to reign it in out of respect for AJ, and I have to admit, it’s given me this whole new appreciation for Thanksgiving that I’ve never experienced before, and I am grateful for that. With that being said, I did put up our stockings last week, along with some mistletoe. What can I say? Old habits die hard. But on Thanksgiving morning, I was watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade while drinking coffee out of my Santa mug, and my heart’s desire was so content.
- These are the recipes I made this year for Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving Sangria, Gooey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie, French Baguette, and Pepper Jelly Burrata. They didn’t turn out as beautiful as the pictures shown, and I made several mistakes, but it was fun making dishes to bring over to family’s houses to share. And I only cut myself once! #success #smallvictories We are celebrating Thanksgiving with my family tomorrow and I’m hoping to make one of these dishes for dessert: pumpkin star bread or classic pumpkin pie with chocolate whip.
- My jams this week: Christmas in the Country, homecoming queen, and the lost grandchild’s plea
- Me and my friend Al have been talking about how we need a hobby. We really want to take this sip & script calligraphy class in Atlanta. They’re having a sale today, AND it applies to events! I think I just might bite the bullet today! Use code: LETTERS20
- If you’re looking to get into some holiday festivities in the Atlanta area be sure to checkout this list.
- Current audiobook: Just Mercy // Side note: I just discovered they made this a movie and I really want to see it!!
I’m gonna cut things short today, and end here. See you next week!