Good morning everyone. I’m just barely keeping my head above water (please see feature photo for proof) with everything that’s going on. Just glad to be posting today. Here’s what I have for you:
- Check out the Pourigami for coffee on the go.
- The last thing I need is another sweatshirt. But if I were gonna buy another one, I’d purchase this one from the Kinnd Project.
- I’m very much anticipating the release of the shelf-care podcast
- I love diary milk. I’ve tried the alternatives and I just haven’t found one that I enjoy more than diary milk. If you love almond milk, and homemade anything than the Almond Cow might be for you.
- Season 2 of Jack Ryan …lesss gooooo
- does this mug scream Ashley or what?
- summer always makes me wish I wore anklets. if you were here last week then you know, i rediscovered madebymary. I love their new anklet. and I love their rainbow ring. I just love all their products and I want them all but am exercising self-control.
- I have a major sweet tooth, and I want to give Ambitious Kitchen’s Millionaire Bars a try.
- All my teacher friends, check out Brene Brown’s Daring Classrooms!!
Thanks for stopping by to check in. Have great weekend!
Good morning!! How are you today? It’s been a hot minute since we talked, so fill me in on everything. Life has been flashing right before my eyes. I mean it’s already the end of July…what?? Didn’t summer just start? Time is moving so fast that I’m unable to process all that is happening. Next weekend I move out of our beloved Monroe house. Two weeks after that? I get married. Say what?! This is an overwhelming time in life. I’m feeling so many emotions at once which I didn’t even know was possible. I’m experiencing excitement, stress, anxiety, grief, exhaustion, joy, and thankfulness just to name a few. BUT, I’d like to take a moment to praise. I’ve done my fair share of complaining about wedding planning and engagement, but I’d like to take one sec of your time to praise. Praise God for this life He’s given me to live. For the friends and family he has surrounded me with. And for answering a prayer I prayed for so many years by placing AJ in my life. I am undeserving, but so SO grateful. Whenever I find myself comparing my life to someone else, or wishing I could do this or that, I remind myself of the people I have the privilege of knowing and I get so sad at the thought of someone else getting to have relationships with all these incredible people that the comparison fades away. Thanks for being here. Thanks for reading. Thanks for following along. Here’s what I have for you today:
- I wish I wore more skirts. shop zoco has a great variety: sunflower, richie, luca, and char linen.
- I forgot about the jewelry company madebymary until this past weekend when my friend Conner was sporting the may birth flower necklace. I fell in love all over again. Also a big fan of this ring.
- I’m learning that boundaries are a good thing, and I’m saving every insta post I see about the topic.
- I know I’m way behind the times, but I started Dead to Me this week, and it is captivating. Can’t stop. Won’t stop.
- Last weekend, I was spoiled rotten by my friends. We headed to the mountains in Asheville and spent our time catching up on life and laughing hysterically like only we can do when we’re together. They made Gin & Gowers which were both beautiful and delicious. And we toured New Belgium Brewery and it was a total highlight of the trip. Our tour guide, Billy, did a phenomenal job, and I fell in love with the company and what they stand for. And obviously we talked all things Ennegram and watched this YouTube video, because it’s basically tradition at this point whenever we’re together.
- Natalie Portman is the new Thor
- I’m a big fan of Kristen Bell, so I started watching Veronica Mars this week. How have I not seen this show before now?
- Horacio printing had what they called “little loved” sale earlier this week and I purchased a copy of Seasons of SOAP Vol. 1. I chose volume one because it talks about finding purpose (really struggling to find mine), going through transition (about to move and get married), and anxiety (always struggling with anxiety), so I felt like this could be really good for me to study in the weeks leading up to the wedding.
- I really like this Moorea Seal planner. It’s undated so you can start anytime.
That’s it for today. Thank you for stopping by! I hope we can meet up again next Friday, but we’ll have to play it by ear. Have a great weekend!
Good morning y’all! How you been? Last weekend, AJ and I celebrated the 4th at the lake and it was an ideal weekend. Thankful for great friends, long weekends, and French onion dip. Popping in for a quick, “hey.” Hopefully, we can have a longer chat soon. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Go ahead and judge me but this is the robe that my inner 90s child has always dreamed of.
- Acne. It’s a very real thing, and I’ve been dealing with it since I was 10. I’ve had these two spots for the last few weeks that won’t go away. I order some zit stickas and tried them for the first time last night. I’m impressed!!! The size of the bumps and the redness were reduced! While the product worked and I’m pumped about it, I know it isn’t a magic cure for my acne prone skin. A friend of mine shared this post on Instagram, and it served as a beautiful reminder. I’m not gonna let acne dictate my worth.
- I really enjoyed this article regarding “wellness”
- This article about how to love your friends with kids was very helpful. Many of AJ and I’s friends are having kids, and this is new territory for us. This offered great advice on how we can love our friends and their new peanuts.
- My new favorite top. comfy and cozy. I wish it came in more colors, so I could buy them all.
- Found an embroidered tee from etsy, and it describes me perfectly.
- Ever since AJ let me try his polarized sunglasses, I’ve been wanting a pair. But I didn’t want to spend a lot of money, because I tend to be a sucker for a cute pair of shades. I found this pair on amazon and I love them!! They were $25.
- Disney is coming out with a live action version of Mulan. Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!
- It’s summer. Which means it is HOT. Which means SWEAT. If you’re a girl, then this product is for you. I definitely want to give it a try.
- Have you seen season 3 of Stranger Things?? If not, you need to. I LOVED the cinematography this season.
Thanks for checking in guys. Have a great weekend!! Talk soon.
Hello my friends. How are you today? Happy Friday! Today, we are gearing up for the weekend. Again, keeping today short and simple. Here’s what I have for you today:
- try to make it through this video without laughing
- songs I’ve had on repeat: better luck next time, moon over mexico, and body heat
- Design for Mankind has been posting about all the cakes she’s making from Simple Cake and now I’m craving cake and eager to try a recipe
- I think this is a fun Dolly Parton t-shirt.
- This UGA shirt is PERFECT for football season.
- wanna try these snacks: avocado fries, chili lime watermelon
- I think these Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat prints would look great in a kitchen
- Watch this to see some crazy talent
- If you’re looking for a new show to binge, check out this article and this article on theeverygirl
- Earlier this week, I found myself aimlessly stalking Jennifer Garner’s Instagram feed. She is so loveable and fun! If you’re looking to go down the rabbit hole, I highly recommend. Check out this clip of her making homemade bagels!
Alright folks. See you next week! Have a great weekend!
Good morning everyone! It’s been awhile since we’ve talked. I apologize for that. I just haven’t felt like posting. Each time I came to the screen, what I wanted to say seemed blahhh. But, after a few weeks away, I wanted to pop in and say, “hi. I’m still here.” The last few weeks have been busy, but oh so fun! I turned 26, AJ and I had a couples shower (see feature photo for me gushing over a card we received and AJ just enjoying the moment) and felt so loved, and this weekend my friend Lyd gets married! Lots going on, and lots to be excited about. I hope you guys have been well. Don’t be a stranger! Here’s what I have for you today:
- The people love Keanu Reeves.
- FREAKNIK Atlanta. Love this tee.
- I’d love to get one of these match strikers for the house.
- This card speaks the truth.
- Love this post that a friend shared that lists compliments that aren’t about physical appearance.
- Been listening to this book on audible for the past month, and if I could only listen to one book for the rest of forever this would be it.
- Thomas Rhett’s new album is going to be the soundtrack of my summer for sure.
- I’ve been binge-watching season 3 of Riverdale since it came out on Netflix, but also on my list of things to watch are: Always Be My Maybe, Fleabag, and Chernobyl.
- Julia and I’s new fave TV show is NBC’s Songland.
- I’d be lying if I told you I haven’t been struggling with body image. With the wedding getting closer and closer each day, I find myself becoming more and more critical of myself. I’m feeling this pressure to be the best version of myself there ever was for August 17. Then @matchaboutwellness shared this post on Instagram, and it was exactly the reminder I needed. As excited as I am for August 17, I am constantly reminding myself that it’s one day. That it’s unnecessary for me to put so much pressure on myself to ensure it will be the best day of my life. It’s easy to get caught up in the details and the industry. To compare your wedding to not only every wedding you’ve ever been to, but every stranger’s wedding on the internet. I’ve had to be very mindful the last few months about who I follow and what I look at. Because, in the end, the most important thing that day is that AJ and I will both say, “I do.” And the rest? Well, it’ll happen, and I’m sure it’ll be great but ultimately I’ll probably forget. I won’t remember what size I was, what we ate, or if guests thought our DJ was fun. In the end, I’ll remember that AJ and I committed to one another forever before God, and that’s what I have to keep reminding myself is most important.
- And what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t share the new Taylor Swift single?
That’s all for today guys. thanks for checking in.
Good morning frappsters! How have you been? Keeping today short and sweet. Here’s what I have for you today:
- These cookies topped with this salt sounds very up my alley.
- There is a new show premiering on Fox, and it’s from the creators of Friday Night Lights and Parenthood.
- My new insta follow: @things.i.bought.and.liked
- I really want to make this lavender simple syrup to put in iced coffee
- Dying to try this Hibiscus Lemongrass tea from Valor Coffee
- On my summer reading list: I Ain’t Doin’ It: Unfiltered Thoughts From a Sarcastic Southern Sweetheart
- A GAME ABOUT THE ENNEAGRAM ….YES PLEASE!
- AJ and I really dig this UGA flag on Amazon.
- We all long for the same thing… a way to make our weekends feel longer. This article suggests just the thing we need to do to feel that! …. I totally believe in their tip!
- Julia told me about these shoes she bought on Amazon for $15, and now I really want a pair.
Have a wonderful weekend!! See you next week!
Good morning all!!! How are you this morning? It is FRIDAY. My favorite day of the week. I just love that Friday feeling, you know? Last weekend was the best. I got to spend time with my favorite people, and it always rejuvinates me after I get to spend time with my folks. In addition to hanging out with my people, I got to hangout with AJ’s people. One of the perks of marrying AJ is getting to know and love his people. They are incredible, and many of them are having babies, and it’s the sweetest watching Aje become an uncle (please see feature photo for proof). I hope you get to spend time with people who fill you up this weekend. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Currently listening to: Endless Thread podcast, Infectious. I haven’t listened to season 1 or 2, but I’m pretty darn excited about these first 4 episodes of season 3, which discuss vaccines and anti-vaxxers.
- Olive and June is bringing the salon experience to your house with their Studio Box set. To learn more about the company, and the CEO listen to this episode of Second Life.
- I binged watched The Widow on Amazon Prime a few weekends ago. I also binged Slow Burn‘s season 2 at work this week.
- You MUST watch Brene Brown’s special: The Call to Courage on Netflix. I stayed up till 1 AM last Friday watching it. You’ll laugh and cry.
- My friend Linde just told me about this Hell Yeah Gluten Free’s pop-up tomorrow at Queen of Cream, the Highland location. She said their cinnamon rolls are the best. And now I really want to go. Can I get up early enough to make it?
- A new coffee shop, Fellows Cafe, opened in Roswell, and you know I’m dying to go check it out.
- This hand sanitzer is so asthetically pleasing. Don’t belive me? Just check out their instagram page.
- Apparently it’s time to ditch the loofah, boie usa is the new eco-friendly body scrubber.
- I just discovered Mari Andrew has a book of postcards AND a workbook for growing up. Both are now in my Amazon cart. AND the Girls’ Night In newsletter informed me this morning that there is a class on Skillshare on drawing for self-discovery taught by Mari Andrew…..I’m not an artist, but I REALLY WANT TO TAKE IT.
- Julia and I were talking about the new Taylor Swift single, ME, that came out last week. We both love it, and Ju informed me that a lot of people were hating on it. And we came to the conclusion that life would be a lot more fun if people just allowed themselves to like T-Swift. Don’t you agree?
That’s all for today folks. Have a fantastic weekend. I’ll see you next Friday.