Good morning everyone! It’s been awhile since we’ve talked. I apologize for that. I just haven’t felt like posting. Each time I came to the screen, what I wanted to say seemed blahhh. But, after a few weeks away, I wanted to pop in and say, “hi. I’m still here.” The last few weeks have been busy, but oh so fun! I turned 26, AJ and I had a couples shower (see feature photo for me gushing over a card we received and AJ just enjoying the moment) and felt so loved, and this weekend my friend Lyd gets married! Lots going on, and lots to be excited about. I hope you guys have been well. Don’t be a stranger! Here’s what I have for you today:
- The people love Keanu Reeves.
- FREAKNIK Atlanta. Love this tee.
- I’d love to get one of these match strikers for the house.
- This card speaks the truth.
- Love this post that a friend shared that lists compliments that aren’t about physical appearance.
- Been listening to this book on audible for the past month, and if I could only listen to one book for the rest of forever this would be it.
- Thomas Rhett’s new album is going to be the soundtrack of my summer for sure.
- I’ve been binge-watching season 3 of Riverdale since it came out on Netflix, but also on my list of things to watch are: Always Be My Maybe, Fleabag, and Chernobyl.
- Julia and I’s new fave TV show is NBC’s Songland.
- I’d be lying if I told you I haven’t been struggling with body image. With the wedding getting closer and closer each day, I find myself becoming more and more critical of myself. I’m feeling this pressure to be the best version of myself there ever was for August 17. Then @matchaboutwellness shared this post on Instagram, and it was exactly the reminder I needed. As excited as I am for August 17, I am constantly reminding myself that it’s one day. That it’s unnecessary for me to put so much pressure on myself to ensure it will be the best day of my life. It’s easy to get caught up in the details and the industry. To compare your wedding to not only every wedding you’ve ever been to, but every stranger’s wedding on the internet. I’ve had to be very mindful the last few months about who I follow and what I look at. Because, in the end, the most important thing that day is that AJ and I will both say, “I do.” And the rest? Well, it’ll happen, and I’m sure it’ll be great but ultimately I’ll probably forget. I won’t remember what size I was, what we ate, or if guests thought our DJ was fun. In the end, I’ll remember that AJ and I committed to one another forever before God, and that’s what I have to keep reminding myself is most important.
- And what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t share the new Taylor Swift single?
That’s all for today guys. thanks for checking in.
Good morning frappsters! How have you been? Keeping today short and sweet. Here’s what I have for you today:
- These cookies topped with this salt sounds very up my alley.
- There is a new show premiering on Fox, and it’s from the creators of Friday Night Lights and Parenthood.
- My new insta follow: @things.i.bought.and.liked
- I really want to make this lavender simple syrup to put in iced coffee
- Dying to try this Hibiscus Lemongrass tea from Valor Coffee
- On my summer reading list: I Ain’t Doin’ It: Unfiltered Thoughts From a Sarcastic Southern Sweetheart
- A GAME ABOUT THE ENNEAGRAM ….YES PLEASE!
- AJ and I really dig this UGA flag on Amazon.
- We all long for the same thing… a way to make our weekends feel longer. This article suggests just the thing we need to do to feel that! …. I totally believe in their tip!
- Julia told me about these shoes she bought on Amazon for $15, and now I really want a pair.
Have a wonderful weekend!! See you next week!
Good morning all!!! How are you this morning? It is FRIDAY. My favorite day of the week. I just love that Friday feeling, you know? Last weekend was the best. I got to spend time with my favorite people, and it always rejuvinates me after I get to spend time with my folks. In addition to hanging out with my people, I got to hangout with AJ’s people. One of the perks of marrying AJ is getting to know and love his people. They are incredible, and many of them are having babies, and it’s the sweetest watching Aje become an uncle (please see feature photo for proof). I hope you get to spend time with people who fill you up this weekend. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Currently listening to: Endless Thread podcast, Infectious. I haven’t listened to season 1 or 2, but I’m pretty darn excited about these first 4 episodes of season 3, which discuss vaccines and anti-vaxxers.
- Olive and June is bringing the salon experience to your house with their Studio Box set. To learn more about the company, and the CEO listen to this episode of Second Life.
- I binged watched The Widow on Amazon Prime a few weekends ago. I also binged Slow Burn‘s season 2 at work this week.
- You MUST watch Brene Brown’s special: The Call to Courage on Netflix. I stayed up till 1 AM last Friday watching it. You’ll laugh and cry.
- My friend Linde just told me about this Hell Yeah Gluten Free’s pop-up tomorrow at Queen of Cream, the Highland location. She said their cinnamon rolls are the best. And now I really want to go. Can I get up early enough to make it?
- A new coffee shop, Fellows Cafe, opened in Roswell, and you know I’m dying to go check it out.
- This hand sanitzer is so asthetically pleasing. Don’t belive me? Just check out their instagram page.
- Apparently it’s time to ditch the loofah, boie usa is the new eco-friendly body scrubber.
- I just discovered Mari Andrew has a book of postcards AND a workbook for growing up. Both are now in my Amazon cart. AND the Girls’ Night In newsletter informed me this morning that there is a class on Skillshare on drawing for self-discovery taught by Mari Andrew…..I’m not an artist, but I REALLY WANT TO TAKE IT.
- Julia and I were talking about the new Taylor Swift single, ME, that came out last week. We both love it, and Ju informed me that a lot of people were hating on it. And we came to the conclusion that life would be a lot more fun if people just allowed themselves to like T-Swift. Don’t you agree?
That’s all for today folks. Have a fantastic weekend. I’ll see you next Friday.
Good morning frappsters! How are you today? I’m back on social media, which means I’m back to advertising for frappy friday. If you’re back for the first time in a few weeks, be sure to check out the previous frappy fridays. We were still posting even though it wasn’t being advertised. I hope you enjoy them! I’ve been very into podcasts lately, so I decided to dedicate today’s post to all the episodes I’ve listened to and think you might enjoy. Here’s what I have for you today:
- First up, Personal Best // Episode One Time Snooze – When I stumbled upon this episode, I knew I had to stop what I was doing and give it a listen. I immediately connected with Robin and her struggle with being a chronic snoozer. I sent the episode to AJ and my mom right after I finished listening. I wanted them to know I wasn’t the only one with this struggle! 🙂
- This American Life // Harper High School Part One and Part Two
- This American Life // Tell Me I’m Fat
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations // Anne Lamott: Three Prayers for Challenging Times
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Sessions // Brene Brown: The Anatomy Trust
- This American Life // Dr. Gilmer and Mr. Hyde
- WorkLife with Adam Grant // The Creative Power of Misfits
- Currently listening to: Broken Harts
- Past listens: Dirty John, Caliphate, Small Doses, Serial (Seasons 1 and 2), Armchair Expert, My Favorite Murder (saw them live)
- What are some of your favorites?? I’m ALWAYS looking for suggestions.
Seriously. Please send me any and all recommendations. I spend a lot of time in the car, and am always looking for something to listen to. Thanks for reading today! See you next week! Today’s featured image is from the every girl.
Good morning friend! How are you today? Last weekend, I went with Ju and Audge to see John Crist at The Fox, and it was the best way to spend a Sunday evening. We had a blast. I’m so thankful for time spent with good friends and belly laughter. I definitely want to make an effort to go see more live comedy shows. I hope you’re staying dry this rainy morning. Come on in, dry off, and help yourself to a hot cup of coffee. Here’s what I have for you today:
- It was incredibly difficult not to purchase one of these “Check Your Heart” sweatshirts from the show on Sunday
- I’ve heard of Man Repeller, but never really knew what it was. This article helped shed a light on how Man Repeller came to be, and I kinda love it. It’s all about wearing clothing that YOU love, no matter what anyone else thinks.
- Aje and I went to the Avalon last weekend to do some shopping, and we ran into Ju! It was the best. We all decided to grab lunch together at El Felix. I ordered the Chelada, a Dos XX over ice with fresh lime juice. I really enjoyed it, but Ju and Aje thought it was mehh.
- I Think You’re Wrong (But I’m Listening)…. I’m dying to read this book, and contemplating sending it to my state Senators and Representatives.
- Currently listening to: Caliphate podcast
- Objective Troy: A Terrorist, a President, and the Rise of the Drone is a book about “the first United States citizen deliberately hunted and assassinated by his own government without trial.”
- Just bought my new summer sandal from American Eagle.
- I listened to all of the Dirty John podcast in one day.
- I just learned that Dax Shepard came out with a new TV Show, Bless This Mess.
- This article about procrastination was eye-opening.
That’s all for today! Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend, and Happy Easter!
Good morning folks! I’ve missed the last two weeks. Hit that funk again, where my posts seemed forced, so I held off. In other news, spring is here!! And I am welcoming her with open arms. Last night, I went with Linds to the Maren Morris concert at the Coca-Cola Roxy. It was awesome! The kind of concert that makes you love the artist even more. Maren’s live performances were incredible and she interacted with the crowd which I always appreciate. Would highly recommend you go see her in concert if you get the chance. This morning is gloomy compared to the beautiful sunshine we’ve gotten to experience the last couple days. But it can’t take away that Friday feeling! Here’s what I have for you today:
- I find miniature items adorable. This mini heating pad is no exception. And as someone who actually uses a heating pad almost daily, I think I need to add this one to the collection.
- I need this sweatshirt, while AJ needs this t-shirt.
- I’ve been binging grown-ish on hulu. It makes me miss college.
- A few weeks ago my friend Katie texted me and told me I needed to listen to The Lazy Genius podcast and the Next Right Thing podcast. Boy, does my girl know me well. I LOVED both and knew immediately I had to share with y’all. I can’t keep a good thing to myself!!!
- I really liked this article, 8 things to spring clean.
- I am very into this etsy card shop. Specifically, this Kanye Valentine’s Day card.
- A few months ago, I watched Dumplin’ on Netflix, and I fell in love with the movie and Dolly Parton. Well, the movie is actually based on the book written by Julie Murphy. Well, the other day while at Target I stumbled upon Puddin,’ another book by Julie Murphy that features one of the characters from Dumplin.’ I never read Dumplin’ but because I loved the movie, I knew I had to read Puddin.’ So, I grabbed a copy and I’m eager to dive in. Side note, I love the book cover of both books!
- Last week I went to dinner with the G fam to celebrate Mr. Gower’s birthday. We went to Mojitos in downtown Norcross. I got the stuffed rice and it as AH-MAZING.
- You can add laundry detergent to your list of subscription services. Dropps is the new sustainable way to do laundry.
- I’m looking for a new laptop/work bag. Anyone have any suggestions?
That’s it for today folks. Hope to catch ya next week! Have a great weekend!
Good morning!! Well, without advertisement on Facebook and Instagram, readership has taken a big plunge, but you know what I’m learning? Even if no one is reading, I still find myself wanting to post, and I think that’s a good place to be in. So, if you happen to be joining us today, I’m so glad you’re here. Feel free to share frappy friday with your friends, and let ’em know we’re still kickin’. Get cozy. Here’s what I have for you today:
- AJ and I did it. We completed our 5k!! And it was actually, surprisingly, fun. Not the running part, but the atmosphere of it all. People were decked out in their St. Patrick’s gear, there was a parade after the race, racers over 21 got a free beer, and there were food trucks. It was a grand ol’ time. I’d definitely do it again.
- I got sick last week. Wiped me out for three whole days. Which means I spent a lot of time on the couch watching TV. I watched every episode of New Amsterdam. I’ve shared about New Amsterdam before, but I hadn’t been able to keep up with the show. Being sick allowed me plenty of time to get caught up. And it was worth it.
- I just discovered the blog, A Cup of Jo, does a “cooking for one” series, and I’m pumped to go down the rabbit hole of reading allllll the posts. Cooking for one is SO hard. Hopefully, this will provide some insight.
- Spring is coming!!! And that means it’s time to fill the house with the new Mrs. Meyer’s Spring scents. I ordered the peony! I find I’m much more likely to clean if I love the scent of the products.
- With all my TV watching, I’ve been seeing a lot of trailers for The Code — a new TV show set to premiere in April on CBS. I love a good military movie/show, but I’m a little hesitant about this one. The trailer didn’t really hook me.
- I read this article on theeverygirl about the top beauty podcasts. I’ve never listened to a beauty podcast, so I figured I’d give one a try. I was listening to an episode of Breaking Beauty that featured Sam Ravandahl, a social media influencer. I decided to look her up after listening to the podcast, and I landed on this video of her trying glossier products. Honestly, I’ve never been one to find beauty tutorials interesting. But Sam’s personality totally captivated me and I found myself actually entertained. I watched the whole 25 minute video! You should check it out. I’m curious to know your thoughts.
- With AJ’s work requiring him to be outdoors all the time, I’m constantly hounding him about sunscreen usage. He recently ran out, so I bought him the Supergoop Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen. I was so eager to try it for myself that when I ran into Madewell to make some returns and saw this SPF All Stars Sunscreen kit, I had to buy it. The verdict is in…..I love it!! So far I’ve tired the daily moisturizer and the unseen sunscreen. I have super sensitive skin, and these don’t bother me at all. And they make me skin feel velvety soft. I’m also loving that they offer a sampler kit.
- I found a natural deodorant that I actually like! I know. I was shocked too. It applies so easily! Just glides right on, and it provides this nice cooling sensation, it’s like a wake up call for your pits.
- Noah Centineo stole our hearts in To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. He’s coming out with a new Netflix movie on April 12, the perfect date. I’m pretty darned pumped to watch it. Viewing party, anyone?
- This article, How to Navigate a Special Needs Encounter, is incredible. Whether you have kiddos or not, I think everyone could benefit from reading it. The mother that wrote this article just released a children’s book and I think I might have to add it to my collection.
Thanks for checking in with us. I hope you have a great weekend! See you next Friday!