Good morning friends. Happy Valentine’s Day! And also…Happy 2020! I know it’s a bit late to be wishing someone a happy new year, but I’m squeezing it in because I’ve yet to do so. I hope you have a great day today. And remember, if you have plans today, that’s awesome, but if you don’t have plans today? That’s also equally as awesome and doesn’t lessen your value. I believed that lie for way too long, and I don’t want anyone else believing it either. Ok, soapbox over. Here’s what I have for you today:
- We’ve binged a lot of shows since I last posted. Here are a few: Lost in Space and In the Dark and Modern Love
- Current Audiobook reads – Started: Where the Crawdads Sing, Reread: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, and Finished: P.S I Still Love You
- I can’t post today’s frappy friday and NOT talk about To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You. I have a deep love for the film series, but also for the author, Jenny Han. This article about Jenny Han and Lana Condor does a good job of explaining why the two are incredible. If you haven’t seen the movie, you 10000% absolutely should. The aesthetic is INCREDIBLE, the cast is diverse, and the directing 100. Not to mention the soundtrack is amazing and the way the displayed high school relationships was so beautifully done. I think you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn’t love the film.
- On My Watch List: Ramy and Parasite
- Since the new year, I’ve told myself I can’t buy any new clothes, but I did buy this felt hat from Urban Outfitters.
- AJ and I flew to Montana last month, and oh was it breath taking. But the trip also convinced me of the importance of a travel wallet. And this one from anthropologie is super cute.
- Just stumbled upon this new company, Make + Do, that hosts creative workshops. Thinking about signing up for the cookie decorating one.
- Made Pinch of Yum’s Everything Greek Pork Pitas, and they were so yummy!!!
- Some fun Valentine’s Day treats to make if you’re interested: Pretty in Pink Popcorn or Valentine’s Day Swirled Bread
- It’s that time of year, where folks are beginning to file taxes. Don’t know anything about filing taxes? No worries. Check out these tutorials from the IRS that walk you through tax basics. And check out this article from the Atlanta Journal Constitution that explains the new W-4 form.
Good afternoon friends. I hope you haven’t forgotten me. Consistency hasn’t been my strong suit and I’m thankful for your understanding. I hope you’ve been enjoying the holiday season. I can’t believe a new year and a new decade will be here next week! Where has the time gone? I’m always grateful when you make the time to stop by. So grab a seat and I’ll start a pot of coffee. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Mexican train and Pictionary Air are now in my game night rotation
- This music video made me a little teary eyed….in a good way
- Want to start growing more of your own food? But don’t have a yard? Nor a green thumb?No problem. Check out Lettuce Grow.
- Have you heard John Mayer’s new single? CVS Bag
- I think this Toyota Commercial and this Dish Commercial are really well done
- AJ and I need a new TV show. I’m gonna see if he’ll go for Modern Love on Amazon Prime
- I bought this sweater from Aerie and loved it so much I bought it in three more colors.
- Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist is coming to NBC in January and it stars Lauren Graham and Skylar Astin. I’m excited to give it a try.
- I recently switched from audible to libro.fm. Libro.fm still lets me listen to audiobooks but now I can support a local bookstore while I do so. And if you switch from Audible they give you three free books.
- My most recent audiobook was 10 Blind Dates and I just discovered that the producer of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is going to make the 10 Blind Dates movie and that got me PUMPED.
Have a great weekend my friends!! And a Happy New Year!! We’ll see you in 2020.
Hi friends, good morning. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. This year more than any year before I’ve been super excited for Thanksgiving. For the yummy foods, for the time with family, for that Thanksgiving Day Parade. Our Thanksgiving was far from perfect, but it was one I’ll cherish and I’m thankful for the new nostalgia I felt for the holiday this year. I’m at work today, but I know some of you might be out shopping those sales. Black Friday has brought some mixed feelings this year. Half of me is panicking that I’m going to miss out on a once in a lifetime deal, and the other half is trying hard to resist the urge to purchase something that I really don’t need. This Instagram post from Erin Loechner was just what I needed to hear. If you’re feeling torn too, I hope it can provide some comfort. Here’s what I have for you today:
- AJ’s pretty strict when it comes to decorating the house for Christmas before Thanksgiving. I’m the total opposite. The day after Halloween, I’m pulling out Christmas themed everything. This year, I decided to reign it in out of respect for AJ, and I have to admit, it’s given me this whole new appreciation for Thanksgiving that I’ve never experienced before, and I am grateful for that. With that being said, I did put up our stockings last week, along with some mistletoe. What can I say? Old habits die hard. But on Thanksgiving morning, I was watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade while drinking coffee out of my Santa mug, and my heart’s desire was so content.
- These are the recipes I made this year for Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving Sangria, Gooey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie, French Baguette, and Pepper Jelly Burrata. They didn’t turn out as beautiful as the pictures shown, and I made several mistakes, but it was fun making dishes to bring over to family’s houses to share. And I only cut myself once! #success #smallvictories We are celebrating Thanksgiving with my family tomorrow and I’m hoping to make one of these dishes for dessert: pumpkin star bread or classic pumpkin pie with chocolate whip.
- My jams this week: Christmas in the Country, homecoming queen, and the lost grandchild’s plea
- Me and my friend Al have been talking about how we need a hobby. We really want to take this sip & script calligraphy class in Atlanta. They’re having a sale today, AND it applies to events! I think I just might bite the bullet today! Use code: LETTERS20
- If you’re looking to get into some holiday festivities in the Atlanta area be sure to checkout this list.
- Current audiobook: Just Mercy // Side note: I just discovered they made this a movie and I really want to see it!!
I’m gonna cut things short today, and end here. See you next week!
Good morning my dear friends!! It’s good to be back with you today! November has been unexpectedly busy. Time is flying and Christmas is almost here! I can’t believe it. I sure have missed you folks. Take a seat and catch me up. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Look how cute this cactus is!
- The Motorola Razr is making a comeback.
- I love these embroidered berets.
- Audiobooks I’ve finished: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and I’m Not Dying with You Tonight
- Car Diffuser – I bought this so that I can diffuse peppermint or citrus on my long morning commutes to help keep me awake
- Check out this alarm clock on wheels
- I think this holiday wreath is stunning
- Advent season is almost here. If you’re looking for a free advent study to join, I signed up for Hannah Brencher’s!
- I can’t wait for the Kacey Musgraves Christmas Show to be available on Amazon Prime November 29!
- AND Dolly Patron’s Heartstrings Netflix series is released TODAY!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I’ll see you soon!
Happy Spooky Season!!!! Featured image for today is courtesy of Jenna from Twenty Seven. Hope you’re having a wonderful morning, and a happy Friday! If you don’t have anything going on for Halloween, don’t you fret. I have a few fun suggestions below to help ya embrace the holiday. They’re more cutesy than spooky, in case you were worried. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Truth Hurts Sanderson Sisters style.
- A cocktail for the season.
- You know I’m all about a Halloween-themed doughnut.
- Not a scary movie person? Me either. But still want to watch a movie that gets you in the Halloween spirit? Same here. Here’s a few you can give a try: Goosebumps, Hotel Transylvania, The Addams Family, The Haunted Mansion, and Fun Size
- I highly recommend the apple cider doughnuts from Mercier Orchards
- Found this balloon at Marshalls and added it to the light Halloween-themed décor we got going on at the house
- Spooky nails
- Who says cookie decorating just has to be for Christmas? Plan on decorating some pumpkin spice sugar cookies on Halloween.
- hallows eve playlist by caitlyn_nicole91 for your listening pleasure on Halloween Night
- Last-minute Halloween costume ideas
That’s all for today! Have a great weekend and a Happy Halloween!
Good morning!!! I am LOVING this cooler weather! I wore a sweater and booties to work today, and I’m a little giddy about it. Let’s just get right to it, shall we? Here’s what I have for you today:
- AJ casually mentioned one day that he didn’t think our laudry detergent was getting the job done. AJ works in construction so his clothes are DIRTY, literally, covered in that red Georgia clay; so we need a detergent that can CLEAN. However, I’ve been trying to be mindful of the products we use and the damage they do on the environment. I saw multiple people post about Rockin’ Green this week and I took it as a sign. I ordered some on Amazon.
- I was gifted a silk pillow case last year, and it was a game changer. It allowed me to sleep with my hair wet and wake up the next morning not totally at a loss of what to do. However, I don’t love sleeping with my hair down when it’s wet, so I decided to order some silk scrunchies. This way I can shower at night, throw my hair in a bun with a silk scrunchie, and *hopefully* wake up with no kinks and crinkles.
- Listened to the That Sounds Fun Podcast Episode featuring Ruth Chou Simons, and I loved it. She owns a company called GraceLaced that you should check out.
- I made Pumpkin Chili from A Cozy Kitchen for dinner this past week. It was really easy and perfect for this cooler weather we’ve been experiencing.
- I LOVE the look of these custom designed denim jackets.
- New podcast alert: Dolly Parton’s America
- After reading theeverygirl’s “20 Fall Basics You Can Snag on Amazon” you’ll want to add everything to your cart.
- Books I’m adding to my list: Rhythms of Renewal, How to Break Up With Your Phone, & The Gospel at Work
- Jessica Biel stars in the new Facebook series Limetown based off the podcast
- I love this Halloweentown themed enneagram post.
That’s all for today!! Have a great weekend!
Good morning friends! It’s October!!! I can hardly believe it, and with this record breaking heat we’ve been having, it makes it even more difficult to believe. But I’m embracing the Autumn season regardless of the temperature. Today’s feature photo is courtesy of the every girl. I seriously look forward to the beginning of every month because I pick one of their free tech backgrounds to display as the background on my work computer. This morning I tried a Cinderella Latte from Starbucks, and I would recommend. I definitely think it’s worth giving a try. I can’t say it’s my new favorite go to, but I’m glad I tested it out. Hope you have a great day, and cool weekend. Here’s what I have for you today:
- This link is for my friend Ju. Please go watch this video of Taylor Swift after getting LASIK.
- Create your own Autumn Bucket List with this template from A Beautiful Mess.
- Go listen to this episode of Armchair Expert featuring Lori Gottlieb.
- My friend Caitlin posted about these game day buttons, and I immediately ordered two.
- I love everything Morgan Harper Nichols posts on her Instagram, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to hear that she’s coming out with a book.
- I ordered this felt garland to spruce up the house for Halloween.
- I can’t do gel nail polish any more. It’s been wreaking havoc on my nails, and I’ve decided it’s just not worth it. But I do love the feeling of having my nails done, and I want a polish that will last more than 30 seconds after I leave the salon. I just discovered dazzle dry on Instagram, and think I might give it a try.
- This sleep mask gets me.
- I love school supplies, and this fancy pen brings me a lot of joy.
- Been using this depuff eye gel from Honest Beauty and I’m rather enjoying it.
Thanks for stopping by today friends! I hope you have a great weekend, and here’s to hoping the weather cools down!