Good morning y’all!!! Celebrating frappy friday on a Monday today, because sometimes life happens and you drop the ball, but you gotta give yourself grace and roll with the punches. So, here we are. Happy Monday folks. I’m exhausted, but excited to be with ya this fine day. Grab that extra strong, extra shot of espresso cup of joe and prepare yourself for a great week. Here’s what I have for you today:
- In preparation for all those Friendsgivings that are about to take place. I went to one this past weekend, and brought mac n’ cheese. Turns out a sign up sheet is extremely important. Because three other people also brought mac n’ cheese.
- I can’t really explain it but I love reading what people do for their morning routines. And I just found a site dedicated to that. I’m terrible at getting up in the morning, and so I think my hope is that by reading what others do I’ll find the magic trick that will help me get my butt up and at ’em in the morning
- This is a pretty costly gift. BUT I have all the support for it .
- Guys, I’ve heard great things about young living co. Seriously, I’ve never heard a bad word. I just can’t decide if I should jump all in. Commitment is hard.
- Do you have a creative job?
- I love peoples’ homes. I love going into someone’s house and seeing how they made it their own. Each house tells a story, and we all know I love a good story.
- Here’s a new podcast if you’re in the market for a new one.
- These were things I needed to hear as someone who suffers from chronic pain.
- I’m sure you are overwhelmed by the new Magnolia collection at Target, and don’t know where to start. Still have yet to go check it out, because I know once I see it I will lose any and all self-control and end up spending more money than I have.
- I read this because I was literally falling asleep at my desk.
- Since September, I’ve been teaching a confirmation class for 10th graders. I really love it. They’re a good group of kids, and I really and truly enjoy my time with them. Now, I can’t say that they feel the same way about our time together, but I’m doing my best. I’m struggling though. This past Sunday, one of my girls asked the infamous question, “why do bad things happen to good people?” I stood in front of my kids and I froze. This was a question I had asked a thousand times, and now as I was being asked the question, I didn’t know what to say. Especially with all that is happening around us, I didn’t know what to tell the expectant faces looking back at me. Faces that were looking to me to provide an answer that would ease their aching hearts and the confusion clouding their thoughts. And for those few brief seconds where I took a pause to collect my thoughts, I panicked. What am I going to say? I am the absolute wrong person to ask. I’m not a theological scholar, and I don’t have the bible memorized. Heck, I haven’t even read the entire bible. So, I begged the Lord to be with me and prayed for the best. I figured honesty was the best policy, so I told them this is a question I ask myself all the time and one I’m constantly grappling with. I went on to say that the bible doesn’t promise us we will not suffer. But that despite the sufferings we will endure, God, who loves us so much that He sent his only son to die for us, equips us with the hope, community, and strength to endure the suffering. And while you may feel abandoned, I can assure you, that you are never alone. God walks with you through the suffering. I told them I was learning a lot about lamenting. That the study I am working through has led me to the Psalms. Where time and time again we see people crying out to the Lord, “why have you forsaken me?” But in that same breath, while crying out to the Lord, they are also giving him praise. That I’m learning to do that. I am learning to cry out to the Lord to be near me, while also giving Him praise no matter my circumstances. And then I told them I loved them and was always here if they needed to talk.
- Boy, do I have a story for you. I made these on Tuesday, and it was quite the event. I was supposed to go to dance class, but I couldn’t get myself there. Not because my car broke down or because traffic was bad, I just didn’t have the strength to muster up the energy to go and be active. So, like always, the guilt immediately started to set in. I was sitting on the couch, watching my crazy ex-girlfriend, speaking lies to myself. Headed towards a downward spiral fast. Well, that HAD to stop. So, I jumped up, grabbed my car keys, and headed to Whole Foods. I picked up all the ingredients that the recipe called for and headed back home to make these suckers. What I thought would be a quick and easy cooking sesh turned out to be this long, exhausting process that made me want to sit on the kitchen floor, curl up in a ball, and cry. Everything was going great until it came time to use my food processor. I will note that my food processor is older than I am. My mom gifted it to me when she got herself an upgrade. Essentially what happened, to make a long story short, is that my food processor stopped working, and then I panicked and tried a blender-which was very unsuccessful. At this point its like 10:30 at night and I just want to go bed, but I’ve dirtied up all these dishes, and my fat ball mix is not blending. Determined not to give up, I roll the chunky batter into balls and throw them into the freezer. So, while mine look nothing like the beautiful photo on Instagram, because they were not blended AT ALL, they still tasted good and I’m up for the challenge to try making them again, this time *fingers crossed* properly. Say a prayer for my food processor and that it has one more blend in it.
That’s it! See you in a few short days for our regularly scheduled programming!
Guess what day it is? That’s right, Fri-YAY! I’m writing from the car today. Headed to the annual girls weekend trip with the family to wreak havoc on Pigeon Forge. I’m really pumped for a weekend full of family, food, and LOTS of laughs. I had a small break down earlier this week where tears were shed and life seemed overwhelming and every task impossible to conquer. So, this trip is coming at a much needed time. I hope you’re able to find some time this weekend to sneak away and relax. Maybe that time is now? I don’t know, but if it is, I’m honored to join ya. Grab that beverage, and pop a squat. Here’s what I got for you:
- Let me introduce you to my new favorite Instagram account. She wrote a book, and you know I’m adding it to the birthday wish list.
- Where all my INFJs at?!?!?!?!
- I think Kristin Bell is really great, and hilarious. I genuinely wish we were friends, and that she could mentor me through life. If you’re not convinced she’s great, maybe you should watch this, or look at this, or maybe watch this commercial. I mean she’s an angel.
- Confession. I love the Hallmark Channel. And I mean LOVE. Nothing brings me more happiness than sitting at home, curled up on the couch, watching a cheesy love story unfold in front of me in true Hallmark fashion. So, it should come to no surprise that I LOVE LOVE LOVE their Countdown to Christmas. I look forward to it every year. No joke. My dad emailed me their holiday program guide last week because he just gets me. Not to forget that last year my parents changed cable providers, and were overjoyed to share with me that I could now watch Hallmark Channel on my phone (because I don’t have cable at my house) all through this nifty little app. I almost burst with glee and I’m not ashamed to admit it. And y’all I have more good news for you. You can now find your favorite Hallmark Christmas movie as a book.
- a catholic illustration bible. EEEPPPP!!!! so much excitement. I’ve been praying for this for so long and I’m so excited it’s finally here!! I pre-ordered mine as soon as I heard.
- The Winter Olympics are less than 100 days away!! Please watch this commercial P&G released. I loved their Thank You Mom campaign a few years ago. Brings tears to my eyes every time.
- I hate working out. There is just no other way around it. So, if you feel the same way, you are not alone. And this article is for you.
- The last few weeks, I’ve had an itch to create. I’ve always wanted to be “a creative.” But I’m pretty harsh myself. I can’t sing, I don’t play an instrument, and I can’t draw. So, I guess that’s that. FALSE. I believe we were born to create and everyone can be creative. I’d really like to try this. Anyone want to do it with me? You know I always need an accountability partner. gosh, elle you are so darn cool!
- Both jobs I’ve had since graduating college have been administrative assistant positions, and while I hope to someday be more than an assistant, this article was really encouraging to read.
Enjoy the weekend everyone! Sending you all my love and well wishes. See ya next week!
Happy Friday!! This week has been a rollercoaster of emotions, and it has left me exhausted. BUT there has been so much good that has come from this week (hoping to give more details about everything in a later blog post) and I’m feeling really thankful! Grab that frap, or may I recommend a spicy Mexican hot chocolate from Moonbird Coffee, and let’s get to it. Here’s what I have for you today:
- First and foremost, JT has been back in the studio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention, HE’S PERFORMING AT THE SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW. My automatic reaction when I found out the news was to interrupt my roommates’ and I’s viewing of This is Us to share the good news. I gasped and squealed and immediately looked up a way to buy tickets. Because have you seen Justin’s documentary on Netflix? The kid can put on a show. But the recent news brought back to light the last performance Justin gave at a Super Bowl Halftime show where he performed alongside Janet Jackson. This article goes into detail about the backlash some are feeling over the announcement.
- Last weekend I went to the coffee shop of my dreams, and had the best empanada. Wish I hadn’t been so full from lunch because I wanted to try everything on their menu. We saw a waiter walk by with someone’s order of a poke bowl and it looked divine. This is definitely going to be a new favorite spot of mine.
- I should probably read this article on how to get yourself to do things. I’m really bad at putting things off. One time I washed my sheets, and brought them all the way from the laundry room to my bedroom to put on my bed before deciding I was too exhausted to put them on that night. So, I draped my comforter on top of my mattress, grabbed a throw to cover my pillows, and wrapped myself in my fuzzy blanket. I slept like that for several weeks. Or for instance, it took me nearly a week to wash my crock pot after I took it to work: a few days to get it out of the car, and then it sat in the kitchen sink soaking for a few more. To my roommates, I apologize for that. And then finally, there’s the coffee pot my friend Kates gave me for my birthday, FIVE MONTHS ago. It’s been sitting on our fireplace for FIVE MONTHS. Poor Katie, every time she comes over she sees it sitting there. It took me five months to take it out of the packaging, wash it, and set it up in my bedroom where I’m now using it as motivation to get out of bed in the morning. Other things I’m putting off that I should probably be held accountable for: getting my oil changed, returning a dress, taking some pants to the alterations shop, and vacuuming my room.
- I’m always looking for an excuse to cancel my gym membership.
- If you’ve been following along then you know I’ve really been in to skin care and personalization. This brand, as Hannah Montana would say, “is the best of both worlds.”
- I think I’m having a tiny life crisis. Suddenly, I want to get rid of everything I own and become a minimalist. I think this website could help.
- Truth be told, I’ve always wanted a red felt beret. (please note: I’m not a huge fan of how the model in that particular photo is wearing hers. This model, however, I think really rocks it) However, I will probably never purchase one because this past weekend I asked my friends Robert and Austin if I could pull it off, and they said, “no,” simultaneously. It was quite hilarious, and the honesty was greatly appreciated. You never know though. Maybe I’ll get one just to see if I can prove them wrong.
- I love a good meme. I’ve added it to my list of love languages. I feel loved when someone tags me in a meme, and I express my love for my friends by tagging them in memes ALL. THE. TIME. Saw this one and it was all too relatable not to share.
- I found this article on American teenagers suffering from anxiety more than ever before really interesting.
- Happy Halloween! Welcome to Halloween as an adult.
- I bought a pumpkin two weeks ago to carve, and have yet to get around to it (I HAVE to stop putting things off). But its not too late! Just have to decide what I want to do. This or maybe this? Should we take a vote?
- A list of things I don’t like but am convinced that if I just give it one more shot I’ll become a huge fan: marshmallows, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, eggnog, pop tarts. I have a really good feeling that these might be able to change my mind about pop tarts. They look scrumptious.
- Can you tell I just discovered this site and am in love with it? It’s a one stop shop, ya know? Ju and I have been wanting a fall wreath for our house all season, but holy smokes they are expensive. I want a cute house and all, but I would also like to keep my arm and leg in the process. BUT now we can make one! Wooohoooo!!! Let’s get crafty.
- Stranger Things 2 is premiering tonight!!!!!! I’m sure you already know this. I just watched the first season two weeks ago. Took me awhile to come around. Not that I regret it, because I didn’t have to painfully wait a full year for the next season to come out.
- I just remembered I bought a plaster skull weeks ago with the intent of making this (putting things off might be a bigger problem than I thought). I should do that tonight.
- When I was little, my mom glued cotton balls to my t-shirt and called me a sheep. Parents sure have raised the bar since then. Check out what the kids are dressing up as nowadays.
- I chuckled at some of the comments people left on this post all about Halloween costumes nobody got.
Happy Halloween you guys!! Enjoy your holiday and stay safe! I’ll see ya next week.
Happy Friday folks!! You made it through this week’s trials and challenges. Time to unwind, kick back, and relax. Take a deep breath and let that cool autumn air fill your lungs. Grab a cup of joe, switching back to a steaming hot cup of coffee to wrap my hands around, and prop those feet up. Here’s what I have for you today:
- I’ve been thinking about food a lot lately. That’s not really anything new. But recently I’ve been thinking A LOT about the effects food can have on me. And I’m not talking about weight. I’m talking about energy levels, skin complexion, depression, sleep patterns, and mood. Yes, I would love to be really skinny. But more than anything, I just want to be and feel healthy. I am constantly plagued by anxiety, depression, and stress. And I feel like I have tried everything: medicine, counselors, essential oils. All of which have helped and all of which I am supporters of. But the one thing I haven’t tried is changing my diet, and I’m really starting to think that I might find myself pleasantly surprised with the results. I stumbled upon this website the other day, and found it really interesting. Now, I’m seriously considering attempting my second whole 30. My first attempt was almost exactly two years ago… I think? I made it 18 days…..whoops. And I vowed to never try again, but then I came across some new found inspiration. So, we shall see.
- Donuts make me happy. And I don’t just say that because I like donuts, but because they actually bring me happiness. It’s weird, I know, but there’s something about a pink glazed donut with sprinkles that is so pretty. Or these Neapolitan Bars from Revolution Doughnuts? They’re just mesmerizing to look at. I’ve come to realize I follow multiple doughnut Instagram accounts. Because how can I not? They are just so colorful . Last week I was scrolling through Facebook when this beauty popped up on my newsfeed. Dreamy, right?
- I can appreciate a great complexion. If we’re friends, you’ve most likely, at some point, heard me compliment someone on their great complexion. It’s probably because I’ve always had to deal with blemishes, dryness, and scarring. So, when I see smooth soft skin, I can’t help but say something. And in the last few weeks, I have altered my skin care routine multiple times. Fightin’ hard for clear skin. My skin is uber sensitive, so I have to be conscious about what I put on my face. This book caught my eye, and I’m real interested to read it.
- What’s all the hype with silk pillow cases? A few people have mentioned them and posted about them. Are they really worth the investment?
- I read the synopsis of this book on Amazon and got jazzed (in a good way). You go girl.
- I have a really bad habit of buying a book to read before I’ve finished the one I’m currently reading. Same thing goes for bible studies. I’m currently working through Consider the Lilies, which I mentioned a few weeks ago. And I recently ordered this Blessed is She study for advent. So I’m cutting myself off. No more studies for a while. BUT I am adding this study to my ongoing list.
- THIS article was spectacular. All too true for me. I’m trying to think of a way to summarize it, but I can’t. You simply have to read it yourself. I’m printing it out and placing it somewhere I can see it everyday.
- This pin made me smile. Social anxiety is a real thing people. Shoutout to all my introvert readers. Funny fact: My mom just discovered last week that I’m an introvert.
- anxiety and amazon. I’m always looking for a good product that may help alleviate some of my anxiety. This slideshow full of amazon products was fun to flip through. Maybe #12 could help me with both my stress and chronic back pain?
- Here’s how we can help California recover from the fires.
- My friend, Cait, is constantly getting on to me for talking bad about myself. When I found this article, I was immediately reminded of her constant encouragement. I sent her a picture of the article title to let her know I’m working on it.
- I watched you’ve got mail the other day and it was just what I needed. Truth be told, I’ve always wanted someone to send me a bouquet of sharpened pencils.
- I would really love to pull off the ascot look. And it makes me sad that this one is sold out.
That’s a wrap folks! Again, thank you for reading. I can’t even begin to express how much it means to me. Enjoy your weekend! See ya next week.
It’s Friday in Fall and I’m sweating. I’m radiating some serious cooler weather vibes only. I was very committed to embracing the fall season no matter what the weather outside looked like. I was wearing sweaters to work and drinking hot cinnamon tea, but today I’m grabbing an ICE COLD (shoutout to OutKast) anything. Trading that warm cup of coffee I mentioned last week back in for my faithful frap. Here’s what I got for this week:
- If you find any of these just lying around, I’m not saying I didn’t leave one behind for you to happen upon.
- Sometimes, I get genuinely upset with myself because I don’t have beautiful handwriting. It looks like this book might be able to help. I can dig it.
- Catholics can be cool too.
- I have this daydream where I’m the ultimate girl boss. I wake up like two hours before I have to leave for work, and I have time to do a meditation routine before I sit down at my kitchen table to munch on some avocado toast and sip my morning coffee. I throw on a simple yet incredibly chic outfit that the wrinkles have been ironed out of. I swipe on some mascara and lip gloss, because in this daydream I have a skin care routine and my face is blemish free. And then I spend my day kicking butt and taking names. When I dream about this girl boss version of myself, I imagine this is the bag she carries. Side note, I’m a big fan of soft materials, and I just imagine this material feeling like a cloud.
- I follow advanced style on Instagram, and I love it. But I found this one post to be super inspiring.
- Acne is a very real part of my life. And I think I’m gonna have to try these. Stay tuned for feedback.
- taproom coffee is all about bringing people together. I love it. Let me know if you want to go to an event together.
- Thanks to one of Taproom’s events, I recently learned about design thinking.
- Fun fact about me: I love commercials. In college, my young life team used to make fun of me because I was always quoting random commercials that no one had ever seen. I’m loving these new ads from Talbots.
- Because who doesn’t love amazon?
- BLAST FROM THE PAST. have ya heard? An added bonus, the new Tamagotchi will be less “high maintenance” than the older version.
- first look. It’s here. It’s here. It’s here!! The first look at Joanna and Chip Gaines new line Hearth & Hand is HERE!! what are you waiting for?!?! go check it out!
- I read a blog post from my #1 girl crush, Hannah Brencher, and it wrecked me. be kind to yourself.
- Just a reminder that the IDONTMIND campaign ends tomorrow. I just bought this hat. Proceeds are donated to the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
Guys, I always get sad when the post ends. I just love ya and I hope you know how much joy this blog brings me. I hope its able to bring you some joy too. Have a great weekend! I’ll see ya next week.
Happy Friday guys! Loving this cooler weather. Maybe trade in the frap for a warm cup of coffee to warm up those hands? Here’s what I have for you guys this week:
- Disney fan? Mark your calendars. Disney just announced their film release schedule all the way through 2019. Lots of good stuff coming to the big screen.
- I’ve been drinking lots of tea at work recently. Thinking about trying this brand. Anyone tried it before? Thoughts?
- lather. rinse. repeat. this seems fun.
- because not everyone loves a PSL
- if you’re looking for a new candle, look no further. Kath got this candle from anthropologie, and it makes our house smell heavenly. Looks like I’m going to have to invest in one too. Because, I’m already sad at the thought of it ending.
- I know what I’ll be eating all winter long. Made this on Wednesday and it was pretty darn tasty, and I’m not a big chili person. Let me know if you want to try some. I’ll be eating chili for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next four days.
- I personally won’t be watching any of these. I’ll stick with Halloweentown thank you very much. But if you’re looking to get into the Halloween spirit, here are 31 horror movies to watch, one for every day in October.
- Made this on Monday with the girls. it did not disappoint. Plus, it was super easy to make! the hardest part was finding the pumpkin pie spice, Mo & Caroline came through for the team. Pairs well with Angry Orchard Cider and Beauty & the Beast.
- This cookbook looks dreamy.
- Monday brought devastating news. A mass shooting where lives were lost. I ordered this study last week and started it on Monday. As the description on Amazon says, “In it, you find the words you need to console a friend, to empathize with the people around you who are suffering. I promise you, they are suffering. You are daily surrounded by people who bow low under the weight of grief, often without any outward sign of dismay. This study makes you a better friend to woman next to you, to the growing child who aches, to the spouse who despairs. And it buries words into your heart so that they are there, waiting, when the rain begins to fall. Because it will fall.” The rain is falling, and I want to have words buried in my heart that will provide comfort, hope, and love. I want to be better.
- how to process tragedy
- I don’t mind admitting that I struggle with depression and anxiety. I also don’t mind listening. If you’re struggling, don’t hesitate to reach out.
- In honor of riverdale season 2 premiering this upcoming week, here’s a fun clip for ya. or maybe two.
Guys, I just love spending this time with ya every Friday! Thanks for reading. That’s all for now! See ya next week!
*First things first (shouts, “I’m the realest!”) : This morning a co-worker sent me this link on how places are celebrating National Coffee Day, and I thought to myself, what kind of person would I be if I didn’t share?*
Is it just me, or did Friday come quick this week? I got lots to share with y’all today, so buckle up folks because this week I’m getting vulnerable. No need to panic. It’s nothing too serious (and doesn’t come till the end), but I do show you a little bit of my heart, and that’s always slightly terrifying. You ready? Here we go:
- Can I interest you in golden milk? Was I the only one who didn’t know this was a thing? Because apparently everyone loves it.
- poetry isn’t dead! If I was a high school English teacher, I would definitely show this to my kids. Since I’m not, I’m showing it to you instead.
- Aloe Vera is apparently used for more than just sunburn. This is really a thing. I’ve now seen it from two separate people. So, basically everyone is doing it.
- If you need a new podcast. which, we always do.
- I need this pup. This really has nothing to do with anything, other than I saw a cute dog, and I HAD to share.
- Pride and Prejudice is coming to television. Heyoooooooo! Hannah H., did you know about this?
- I mentioned brene brown’s new book a few posts ago. In case you aren’t sold that you should check it out, here are some takeaways
- EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Tim Riggins, I repeat, TIM RIGGINS takes on a new role.
- Do you watch This is Us? Because if so, you can relate to this video. Please watch till the end. I didn’t think I would find it as funny as I did, but then by the end I was chuckling to myself pretty uncontrollably. Also, no spoilers. I’ve seen all of season one, but not the recent premiere of season two, and this didn’t ruin anything. *UPDATE: At the time I wrote this post, I hadn’t seen the newest episode. Well, I watched it last night with Kath and there are no words. You just gotta go watch it yourself.*
- Do we think this phone case is legit? I don’t know. We may never know. My personal favorite review: “I honestly can’t tell if it’s protecting me, but I do know that I’ve dropped my phone a few times and the case kept it safe. I’d say, get one.” Well shoot, I guess I’m sold.
- lady gaga and I have something in common. Really and truly, I got teary-eyed reading this article. I struggle with chronic pain and I am still learning not to see it as a sign of weakness, because most of the time I do. It’s hard explaining to others why you can’t participate in an activity when you can’t put a name to the pain. A majority of the time people think you’re faking it. Which I can understand, I would probably assume that too. For years, and even today, I question if I’m physically in pain or if it is all made up in my head. But thank goodness for my sweet mom. She is constantly reminding me that being in this much pain isn’t normal, and that the MRI’s show something. All that to say, I found lagy gaga’s words to be heartfelt and sincere and I hope you do too, “There is a degree of self-deprecation and shame with feeling in pain a lot. I work through it and it can be done. We have to stick together. I don’t have to hide it because I’m afraid it’s weak. It’s a part of me, and I’m grateful to Chris for caring.”
- For a long time, I believed the lie that my life wouldn’t fully begin until I got married. Friends, THAT IS SO FALSE. I stumbled upon this book on Amazon and am definitely adding it to my list of must reads.
Alright, you made it! Thanks for sticking through till the end. I hope to see ya back next week.