Good morning friends! How are you this morning? Did you have a Happy Thanksgiving? I hope your hearts are full, as well as your tummies. Just wanted to take a minute to thank YOU for being a reader, and for being a friend. frappy friday wouldn’t be possible without you guys, and I am so appreciative of your support. I’m thankful and grateful for ALL OF YOU. Here’s to hopefully many more frappy fridays. Let me grab you a drink, and slice of pie while we’re at it. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Last week, the girls took me out to celebrate the engagement. We went to The Lawrence and Proof and Provision. I highly recommend both, but I think Proof and Provision was my favorite. Great atmosphere. Great food. Great drinks. It’s a triple threat.
- Also last weekend, we went out to eat to celebrate Meg’s birthday. She chose this restaurant called Agave. I was so full because I had just eaten a bunch of bbq at a wedding shower, but I got a bowl of the chicken poblano soup and it was amazing. I also got a margarita and that did not disappoint either. Would also suggest the guac and queso. You just have to go and see for yourself.
- I went to Target the other day. BIG MISTAKE. I essentially want to buy every single piece of holiday décor from the Hearth and Hand collection. Specifically the tree skirt and wreath. Anddddd this advent calendar.
- After posting about wanting a velvet dress last week, my friend Cait suggested I try this one. I don’t know if I could pull it off, but wanted to share with y’all in case anyone else was looking for a velvet dress too.
- This post about depression during the holiday’s was written by my favorite, Hannah Brencher. If depression is something you struggle with, check it out. She’ll also be coming out with a post about singleness during the holidays, so be on the lookout for that one as well.
- Looking for a gift for someone for the holidays? Take a look at uncommongoods. It’s always the first place I go when looking for a gift, especially for the men in my life. I’ve discovered some good finds here.
- “The only power the devil has is in getting people to believe his lies. If they don’t believe his lies, he is powerless.” This instagram post was exactly what I needed.
- For this Thanksgiving, I’m making this Maple Bacon Brie from Delish and a KAK pumpkin pie. Super excited to try them out!!
- THIS hallmark channel movie premieres tonight and I cannot wait. I can guarantee you I’ll be wearing my sweatshirt.
- Check out the big announcement from TOMS on The Tonight Show. Click here to send a postcard of your own.
That’s all folks! Thanks for checking in. Have a great weekend!! I’ll see you here next week.
Good morning friends! Are you as excited as I am to see the sun today? It’s been awhile since he’s come around, but I’m glad he’s back. Last weekend was one I will never forget. Aje asked me to marry him!!! What?!?!?! It still doesn’t feel real. We are so very excited! But I wanted to thank Y’ALL!! This past weekend would not have been possible without you guys. You have supported us, prayed for us, and loved on us throughout the past year and a half, and for that we are so grateful. Thank you for cheering us on and celebrating us last weekend. I can’t even explain how much it means to us. Y’all rock. Alrighty then, how are you this morning? It’s pretty chilly out there, so please take a seat and let me grab you a blanket and a hot cup of coffee. Here’s what I have for you today:
- I’ve attmepted to watch The Good Place multiple times. I’d watch the first few episodes and then lose interest. Well, I had multiple friends encourage me to finish the first season, because there was a huge twist at the end that I wouldn’t see coming. Holy moly, they were right. I just finished season one this week, and am very eager to start season two.
- For the past three years, I’ve always wanted a velvet dress for the holidays. I’m not really sure why, but it just feels like it’s so festive. What are your honest thoughts on this one? I need your honesty. Because as we all know, I’m not the best when it comes to fashion.
- When we moved back in August, I had to send my Christmas decorations home with my parents. We just don’t have the room to store them at the new house. But no worries. I bought us a little something small to get in the holiday spirit.
- This past week, I’ve mentioned to two separate friends the instagram account: @costcodoesitagain. If you love Costco, I highly recommend.
- Christmas is almost here! I can hardly believe it! I’m loving these ornaments from Stamped and Finch.
- This week Ju, Audge, and I bought tickets to go see John Crist when he comes to The Fox. We are VERY excited. And the show happens to fall on Palm Sunday, which just makes it even better.
- This past week, all I’ve wanted to eat for every meal is soup. On Wednesday, Aje and I went to Bantam + Biddy, and I got their roasted chicken vegetable soup. I hit just the spot. Normally, the soup comes with a biscuit, but they ran out! It was all good though, becuase they brought me a jalapeno cornbread muffin instead and it was just as delicious!
- Looking for a cute new home in the peach state? Check out Ju’s new instagram page called @georgiahomegems! Ju is super good at what she does, and she’ll take great care of you.
- Mumford & Sons released their new album, Delta, today.
- I’ve had a major sweet tooth recently, and this looks like it might do the trick.
Thank you for stopping by!! Have a great weekend and a Happy Happy Thanksgiving!Remember clear eyes, full tummies, can’t lose.
Good morning folks! How are ya on this dreary morning? If you ask me, it’s the perfect day to just stay in bed and watch Hallmark Channel Christmas movies all day long. I haven’t seen any yet this season. I know, shocking!! But, my sweet momma texted me earlier this week to let me know she bought us matching sweatshirts to wear as we watch all the new Christmas movies that premiere. So, we are PREPARED. Y’all, last weekend I was in the Great Smoky Mountains with family, and I wish you all could have seen the leaves. They were magnificent. The prettiest I’ve seen them in several years. I tried to capture the beauty on camera (see video below), but it just doesn’t do it justice. Are you ready for the weekend? Me too. Please sit down, and let me grab you a mug! Here’s what I have for you today:
- Netflix find: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I didn’t really find this on Netflix. I had seen people post about it and recommend it on Facebook; but I heard that it was sad, and I kept putting off watching it because I didn’t want to be sad. Then earlier this week, the weather was dreary, like this morning, and it was the perfect time to cozy up on the couch with a glass of wine and watch a good film. This movie did not disappoint. It was a captivating story and pulls at your heart strings. And while at times the story was sad, it has a happy ending. I highly recommend.
- podcast rec: bear brook podcast – haven’t had a chance to check this one out. anyone listened before!?
- Apparently I was today years old when I learned the proper way to use dry shampoo.
- I probably need this budget workbook.
- I really want to try and make this embroidered Christmas tree ornament. It’s just so cute!
- I don’t like my coffee black and I don’t like whiskey at all but I still like this sign from The Old Try.
- My friend Sara posted this video on my Facebook and it made my whole week. It’s Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel on the Tonight Show. Confused why Justin isn’t talking? Jimmy does a silent interview with JT. ONLY THEY COULD PULL IT OFF. Also the clips made me very eager to read Hindsight.
- My friend Callie is trying to gather feminine products to donate to the women at the Atlanta Mission homeless shelter. She created a list on Amazon that contains all the products they are in need of. If you are able, please consider making a purchase! You can also access the list by clicking the link in her bio.
- I made two purchases this week. The first was this clear purse for any event I attend in a stadium. I’ve been holding off purchasing one, because I didn’t real think it was necessary. I didn’t think I attended enough stadium events to invest in one. However, I’ve found myself attending more events that require clear bags than I expected, so I decided to take the plunge. Because as someone with chronic pain, I always need to have a bottle of Aleve with me. And as someone who is prone to spilling and stains, I like to keep a tide to go pen with me at all times. Not to mention the necessities like a wallet and phone. You see? A purse just makes things easier.
- The second item I purchased was this pair of jeans from Everlane. They were having a sale where all denim was $50.00. I couldn’t pass it up!
That’s all for today! Thanks for hanging. See you next week!!
These are leaves we saw on our car ride:
Good morning friends!!! How are ya?!? I missed you last week, but am so glad you got to meet my friend MJ. She’s great, isn’t she? I hope you all had a Happy Halloween! AJ and I didn’t dress up this year…. I really wanted us to be The Wet Bandits from Home Alone, but I don’t think Aje was wild about that idea. So, I’m throwing it back to when we dressed up as Spinelli and TJ from Recess last Halloween. Hard to believe that October is over, and November has already begun. This weekend I’m headed to the mountains for my family’s annual girls’ weekend. I look forward to this trip every year, and I’m so excited it’s finally here. Can’t wait to see those fall leaves and spend some quality time with the ladies I love most. Here’s what I have for you:
- My new TV show: God Friended Me – I’ve seen the first three episodes and I think I got teary-eyed at one point duirng all three. I’m excited to keep up with this one.
- This sweatshirt is on my wish list. Check out more of Rosser Riddle’s designs here. Also really like this 1996 Olympics one.
- Saw another book I want to add to the list. Y’all, I think this one is special. I just have a feeling it’s gonna be a real good one. Pre-order here.
- Last weekend, AJ and I finally got to eat at the new deli, Main St. Deli, they opened up in downtown Buford. It was delicious! I cannot recommend them enough. They are super kind, welcoming, and friendly. Not to mention, super accommodating to any allergies or gluten intolerances you may have. If you ever find yourself in downtown Buford, I highly encourage you to go check them out.
- I still hadn’t purchased a planner when I stumbled upon the Monk Manual . I’m super excited about this project though. I think it is going to be very helpful in accomplishing the goals I set for myself, and helping me be better about discipline.
- Julia’s love for flowers is contagious. She’s always buying a bouquet of fresh flowers to leave around the house. I’ve followed suit, because while it’s something so small, it brings so much joy and life to the house. Check out this Instagram full of faux floral home decor. So pretty. I want them all. But especially this mini holiday wreath.
- I recently bought this choker from Stella & Tide and now it’s my favorite necklace.
- I just recently learned that the CW did a remake of the Charmed Series. I grew up watching Charmed with my mom, so I might have to check this one out.
- And We Evolve – they have a subscription box for everything, including secondhand fashion.
- Really want to see The Hate U Give. Just watching the trailer gives me chills. “I didn’t name you Starr by accident.” Would also really like to read the book.
That’s all for today! I hope you have a cozy, restful weekend filled with warm drinks and fuzzy blankets. See you next week.
Friends!! I am so PUMPED about today’s frappy friday! Y’all asked for a guest writer, and I’m happy to say this week’s frappy friday features a guest writer!! Please give a warm frappy welcome to my good friend, MJ. You’re gonna love her. I’ll make the coffee, while you take a seat and get cozy. Here’s what she has for you today:
Hello, Frappy World! I am honored and beyond excited to guest write today’s Frappy Friday. My name is MaryJane (MJ) Young and I met Ashley (Bucket, Ash, hASHhbrown) my second year out of school in a just grads bible study, where Ash first spoke her dream of writing this blog which is now a real thing! Side note: we actually met during sorority rush and had a blast for about 15 minutes then never saw each other again until post grad. Fast forward a few years to now where our friendship has flourished over many long walks and great memories. In honor of our really fun friendship, I have decided to dedicate this week’s Frappy to this friendship and some great things I hope you all can take away from the experiences of MJ and ASH. Enjoy…
- As odd as this may seem, Ashley and I really became friends through our walks. I love walking with my friends. I like to think of it as my trademark, however we all know my true trademark are my dance moves. Why do I love walks? They are free, no one has to worry about a running pace, and you can move alongside your friends as long (or short) as you want. We had some of our best convos on the streets of Brookhaven and I highly recommend regular walking dates with your favorite people.
- One of my favorite gifts Ash ever gave me was a Stamped and Finch bracelet. It has an inspiring saying on it to make me feel courageous when I don’t. Also, it matches everything.
- Like I said earlier, Ashley and I met in a just grads small group. One of our best studies we did together in this group was Present over Perfect by Shauna Niequist. This book has become very popular and is totally worth the hype for all of you perfectionists (like me and Ashley).
- One time in the earlier years of our friendship Ashley, Katie, and Kathryn and I all took a trip to Athens on a random game day weekend. While we were there we ate our weigh in Taqueria del Sol and Family and Friends were sitting right next to us. Sadly I don’t listen to them, but it was an odd moment and the entire trip was amazing so I had to throw it in.
- I grew up the middle of 5 children and we are all still really close today because my amazing mom used to make us dinner every single night. I have now taken on this love of cooking. One fall night I made my mom’s greatest recipe for Ash, Kathryn, and Katie as we all sat under the twinkle lights in my backyard. It was a happy night with happy food. Try it out 🙂
- While I’m talking about fall food- which is on everyone’s minds right now- last fall, a crew of us went to Brickstore pub for dinner to all hang with Katie’s then boyfriend (now husband). Yes that night was fun because meeting (and literally interviewing) Garett was entertaining, but also because Brickstore is at the very very top of my favorite restaurant list in Atlanta.
- Some of our best conversations have happened over coffee at Moonbird Coffee Shop. This store is in Chamblee and within its distressed brick walls sitting on eclectic comfy chairs Ashley told me all about her first date with AJ. Definitely one of the best memories in our friendship. If you do have a chance to stop by there, I highly recommend the Mocha Latte.
- Ashley is also my biggest cheerleader for an afternoon diet coke. This is how it works: after 2:30 on a summer day go to your nearest QT and get the largest fountain drink cup, fill it with the good ice and a fresh pour of diet coke, then enjoy. Why we do this? Because it makes us happy.
- Our girl Katie, who is mentioned many times above, got married this past summer. For her bachelorette weekend we enjoyed an afternoon at the Woodhouse Day Spa. I got a facial and it was amazing. I highly recommend you treat yo’ self every once in a while in this way.
- Although Ashley and I were not friends in college, we do still love to go to UGA Football games together. This past game we tailgated at Creature Comforts Brewery beforehand. This spot has become one of my favorite tailgate spots not only because of the good drinks, but also the fun comradery everyone shares on a game day. And fun fact: in high school I got my oil changed in the space that creature comforts has refurbished.
Thanks for checking in this week on Frappy! If you don’t know this already, the creator of this blog is one of the greatest people I know. From her infectious laugh to her love of her friends- she is a friend who we are all lucky to have in our lives. Have a great weekend, Frappsters!
Wow. I think I need a quick sec to gather myself, so I’m not all weepy and teary eyed. Thanks for joining us today! Keep an eye out for MJ, she’s gonna publish a book some day and I PROMISE you, you’re gonna want a copy. See you next week! And here’s a little something to get you in the Halloween mood.
Good afternoon folks. If you’re new here, we are glad to have you. If you’re a regular, we’re glad to see you’re not sick of us yet. Like the featured image? I got it from the every girl here. It’s currently the background on my phone. No shame. Let’s just get straight to it, shall we? Here’s what I have for you this week:
- I found an alarm clock that might actually work for me.
- Since seeing this photo on Instagram, all I can think about are blueberry bagels. We know what I will buying from TJ’s this week. Also, this has my mouth watering. holy yum.
- Earlier this week, I spilled red wine all over the carpet in the living room. I was in full panic mode. Then I remembered I had pinned this guide to stains a few weeks back. I pulled it up, and the guide suggested using white wine to get out red wine stains. Thank goodness we had a forgotten about bottle of TJ’s white wine in the fridge. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I straight up poured white wine on the carpet where the red wine had spilled. It worked like MAGIC. You can’t even tell there was ever a spill!!!!!!!!!! Incredible.
- Instagram accounts I discovered this week: @shopstressed – this is for those of you who love thrifting and buying secondhand. @yourenneagramcoach – for those of you that love all things enneagram! I’m super excited about this one.
- Tan France from Netflix’s Queer Eye is coming out with a book!
- I first mentioned Girls’ Night In on frappy friday #3. My friend Erin knew it was right up my alley and thought it might be something to share on frappy friday. It most definitely was something to share. This week on the newsletter they suggested the Netflix series The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell to get you into the Halloween spirit. This suggestion couldn’t have come at a better time. I love Halloween, but I’m more of a Halloweentown type girl rather than a Halloween type girl. And I’ve been looking for a show to get me in the Halloween spirit without keeping me up at night. From what I saw in the trailer, the show fits my criteria of light hearted fun rather than heart-beating-out-of-my-chest terrifying. It certainly seems unusual, but I’m going to give it a try. If you are more in to horror thrillers, then The Haunting of Hill House might be what you’re looking for. Please note I couldn’t make it through the trailer, so you’re on your own for that.
- I know that we aren’t even to Halloween yet, but this announcement from Pillsbury was too important not to share right away.
- This high school did a Harry Potter inspired routine and it is phenomenal.
- Audge and I decided we are having a Halloween-festive movie night next week, so if you want to join HMU. We’re definitely watching Hocus Pocus, and would love to binge watch the new Netflix reboot of Sabrina. We’ll also have all the fun festive fall things like apple cider, coffee, hot chocolate, pumpkin bread, and the list could go on and on. Hope you’ll join us. Maybe we should get these sweatshirts for the special occasion?
- Love ghost stories? Check out @elsielarson’s instastory and the comments for her latest post. Spooky.
That’s all for today, folks. If you have any suggestions on how to make frappy friday better, please do not hesitate in reaching out and making suggestions! I always welcome feedback, and do my best to incorporate suggestions. Y’all are the best. Thanks for reading. Now go outside and enjoy this cooler weather.
Good morning friends! Can you feel it? In the air? Fall is FINALLY here, and I couldn’t be more excited. I hope it’s here to stay. How have you been? Last weekend was such a treat. My friend MJ offered me and Aje two tickets to the UGA homecoming game last Saturday morning. So, we hoped in the car and headed to our beloved Classic City. We got to spend the day catching up with good friends and cheering on our bulldogs. We couldn’t have been happier. This weekend we are headed to Stone Mountain for Big Green Egg’s EGGtoberfest. Pop’s works for BGE, and scored us some tickets. And from what I’ve heard this event is no joke. People begin lining up at 8:00 AM to enter the festival that begins at 10:00 AM. Come back next week, and I’ll let you know how it was. Grab a seat friend, and let me fill your mug with some hot coffee. Here’s what I have for you today:
- I once read a post on Erin Loechner’s blog about hospitality for introverts. She suggests keeping a puzzle on the coffee table for the quieter crowd to play with while the recharge from all the hustle and bustle of being in a big crowd. I really love that and want to adopt it into my house. I’m thinking one of these puzzles. It’s so COLORFUL.
- A new TV suggestion in case you’re looking for a new show to watch: New Amsterdam . I watched the first two episodes last night, and I found myself crying towards the end of the second episode. I think you’ll like this one. Also, Madam Secretary Season 5 is now airing. Wooooo!!!
- Guys, you gotta check out these wooden letter boards. How creative!! I love it.
- If you’re a Georgia fan, please watch this clip. It gets me every time. I showed it to MJ and Kelly at the game last weekend and we were a fit of giggles.
- My new favorite Instagram account: @thenortherncurrent. She lives in an 800 sq ft. home in Alaska. I discovered her from this article on the every girl.
- I really want to try Trade. You take a quiz, and they match you with a coffee they think you’ll love, and then send it right to your door. I love coffee but am a total amateur. I think Trade would be a super useful tool in improving my knowledge. They even have brewing tips on their website!
- I first mentioned Rachel Hollis back on frappy friday #16. Since then, Rachel has announced that she is coming out with a new book, Girl, Stop apologizing on March 12. And today, she launches a new product: The Start Today Journal.
- When we were on Care’s bachelorette a few weeks ago, my friend Lyd brought her devotional New Morning Mercies. A group of us read a page out of it together one morning. Before I even finished the page, I knew I wanted to add it to my list.
- You know who is a sucker for an Instagram ad? This gal. Seriously, I’m an advertising agencies dream. The other day I clicked on this ad for Karst Stone Paper. It’s a sustainable notebook company. They are selling a planner for 2019. I haven’t bought a new planner for 2019, but I’ve been on the hunt. I’ve also been attempting to be a more conscious consumer. Which has proven to be very difficult. This company checks all the requirements. I think I might be getting my new planner from them.
- New favorite song: Beyond by Leon Bridges featuring Luke Combs. Thank you Han for introducing me to this one.
That’s all for today folks. Hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy that fall weather. See you next week.