Hi, friend! It’s been a few weeks since we last talked. I sure did miss you! The busyness of the holiday season got the best of me and I wasn’t as prepared as I had hoped. BUT we’re all about extending grace over here on frappy friday, so I thank you for your patience, and I hope you’ve missed us as much as we’ve missed you! Sit down, grab a drink, and cozy on up. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Over the last few weeks I’ve attended a couple white elephants, and at each exchange there is always one hot-box item that everyone wants. I thought some of these gifts were brilliant and I wanted to share. Red Ryder and an original Nintendo. Wow, these folks sure were generous with their gifting.
- I absolutely want to make these soft pretzels for New Years.
- My curent fav feed on instagram. Her presets are beautiful, and I kinda wanna buy them.
- I’ve seen this devotional recommended a few times this Advent season, and I definitely want to check it out.
- Still looking for a planner for the new year? These planners by Emily + Merrit are super cute, and I’m definitely having buyer’s remorse about not puchasing one.
- Aje got me these TOM boots for Christmas. When I opened them, he said they’re from TOMS so they’re ethically made, and it was the sweetest thing. I can’t find the exact pair, but this is the same style. The pair I got are in a different color and material.
- I found a necklace with the Atlanta skyline on it over the holidays and I had to buy it. I’ve been wanting one for years, and I finally bit the bullet. I got mine from The Gibson Co. at The Collection at Forsyth. Here is a similar one that I found online.
- AJ’s always spilling drinks on the couch, so I got him this couch coaster as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. Very handy.
- I really like this print from the The Department of Brewology.
- My friend Whitney and I are trying to thicken our hair. She heard about this garnier fructis product and got it for us for Christmas. I can’t wait to try it! Thicker, fuller locks, here I come.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope you have a restful weekend. See you in 2019!!
Good morning friends. Every so often, there comes a time when posting a frappy friday doesn’t seem right. It’s usually when the events of the past week have been filled with grief and pain, and suddenly posting about which book I want to read next or the new restaurant I want to try doesn’t seem appropriate. This is one of those weeks. The nation mourns the loss of President George H.W. Bush, my co-workers mourn the sudden loss of their colleague, and a family member mourns the unexpected loss of a loved one. Each day seems to have brought more devastating news, and it’s left me with a loss for words. What could I possibly share today that would bring comfort to all those suffering around me? This week I’ve been learning the difference between joy and happiness, and that while our happiness may be fleeting, our joy is ours for the owning. And that our joy comes from the hope we await in the birth of a baby boy in a manger. So for this morning, I’ll just say this: Embrace today, and the wonderful gift that it is. Hug your loved ones tight, and cherish each and every moment you get with them. Keep no kind word unspoken. Sending my love to you and yours this holiday season.
*Good morning friend!! I hope you’re doing well. I have such a treat for you today….another guest writer!! You’ve definitely seen her name mentioned here before, but this morning you get to have her as your host! I’m so excited to have her here. She’s been frappy friday’s number one fan since day one. Here’s what Audge has for you today:*
Hey y’all, Audge here. I’m cozying up with a latte made by my dad as I write to you all. I hope you’ll join me with your favorite warm beverage as we slip into these chilly winter days!
I can’t remember the exact moment freshman year of college that Ash and I became friends, but I believe it’s because she’s always felt like the friend I’d been missing. Do you ever meet people and they immediately feel like home? Ash has remained one of those people for me and she’s stuck with me forever. From room 1 in our sorority house to seasons of high and low in Atlanta, don’t know what I’d do without my girl. Enough of the sappiness. I could go on forever, so here’s a photo of Ash and I being weird 7 years ago.
Today, I’ve got the 25 Days of Christmas – Audge Edition. So, settle in with that mug of hot liquid and let’s get into it!
- First up, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has a Christmas Parade every year that is basically ATL’s miniature version of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. Hang out in midtown between 15th and 5th streets on Peachtree to see massive balloons of all your favorite characters, local bands, and a TON of cute kiddos. Meet me there with your hot chocolate and warmest blankie on December 1 at 10:20 AM.
- Miracle Bar Atlanta is BACK for the third year in a row!!! This year, check out the locations on Monroe and on Highland. If ya haven’t heard, these pop-up Christmas bars serve chilly and piping hot adult beverages throughout the holiday season. But you gotta get there early ‘cause this place has been super popular the past few years. Join me and our crew this weekend as we kick off holiday season!!
- Y’all. ALDI does it again. They brought their advent calendars to the U.S. and I. AM. PUMPED! While the traditional chocolate calendars will always have a special place in my heart with that tiny piece of poorly-made, yet delicious milk chocolate, I can’t say the adult in me doesn’t love the idea of both wine AND cheese advent calendars. Check them out at your local ALDI!
- Everyone loves a twist on the holiday classics. And while I’m not the biggest fan of brie, I know more than a few people who would go figgy-pudding over these Cranberry Brie Bites. Heck, I might even devour a few myself. I love to cook, so I think these might make their way to a Christmas party or two.
- Who doesn’t love an excuse to throw on their mom’s old tacky holiday sweater or that vintage Christmas onesie you found on Etsy a couple of years ago? I’ve got not one, but TWO opportunities for you. First up, the Ugly Sweater Bar Crawl from 5 PM – 11 PM on 12/15 that starts at the Buckhead Saloon. Next, head on over to Fernbank on 12/16 for their Ugly Holiday Sweater Party. This one combines two of my favorite: Science and photo ops with Santasaurus. Don’t miss out.
- Working in some pretty underserved/downtrodden areas of Atlanta puts me face-to-face with the homeless population of our beloved city on a daily basis. I find it so easy to grow callous to this group with longer and greater numbers of exposure and I want to always be brought back to the reality that everyone is deserving of time and love as the Lord would share with us. This holiday season, and honestly throughout the year, I want to be better about being involved with those who are the most in need. I’ve shared links to some pretty wonderful organizations that help this population and would love to volunteer with you!!
Atlanta Children’s Shelter
Nicholas House (works to keep families together)
(and let me know if you have suggestions!)
- I have to give a little hometown plug with this one. When I was a kid, I spent EVERY December dressed up as an angel in the live nativity at Simpsonwood UMC’s Walk Through Bethlehem. Typically, I had already spilled hot chocolate on my white robe and had a handful of Stauffer’s Holiday Shortbread Cookies (you guys know the ones…) hidden in my jean pockets before I even made it to the stable. Anywho, you guys should go check this out. The church recreates the town of Bethlehem, including a tax collector, wine maker, and camel to boot. Meet me there the weekend of December 7-9!
- Skate the Sky! is the ever-trendy Ponce City Market’s newest attraction at Skyline Park. Head up to the roof and throw on a pair of ice skates and let’s learn how to be Michelle Kwan with our main man Jonathan Van Ness (@jvn).
- This one might be a curveball, but I’ve loved Trans-Siberian Orchestra since I was a kid. My parents used to play their albums on our 6-disc changer for fancy dinners and office parties at our home. Maybe the nostalgia makes me want to read a book or crack open some study material to their rhythmic sounds. The rock opera group is coming to Infinite Energy in Duluth on December 8 and I might have to find myself a last minute ticket…
- I spent many of my formidable and childhood years in the Lake Oconee area before my family moved to Greensboro in 2003. I traveled to Milledgeville multiple times a week for competitive gymnastics and remember passing the Old Governor’s Mansion quite often. We are all in luck this Christmas season as the town is celebrating Antebellum Christmas at the Mansion again this year. Check out the candlelight tour before heading over to the old Central State Hospital for a self-guided night-time tour (text me for the deets on this one).
- For some free, ever-loved holiday fun this year, check out the 37 NEW HALLMARK MOVIES! My girl Ash has mentioned these several times (and even has a fantastic sweatshirt to wear with Terri to watch) but I think it bears repeating. Check out the full line-up and Countdown to Christmas with these terribly amazing flicks.
- An amazing clinic exists in Clarkston (Clarkston Community Health Center) that provides healthcare to the underserved in the area. Many of these patients are refugees and have virtually nothing when they reach the United States. The video below warms my heart, shared by some of the volunteer practitioners, nurses, and administrators at the clinic. (I know, I know it’s not Thanksgiving anymore. But can’t we still be thankful headed into the Christmas season?)
- (13 through 25) Celebrate this beautiful season of the Lord’s love with you family, friends, or family. I’m always reminded of how undeserving of this life that I am and how thankful I am for each human with whom I’ve crossed paths. The Lord sent us the sweetest gift in the form of His son and continues to send us undeserved blessings. So, as we open all of the fun, earthly gifts that we will most likely receive today, I’m always reminded of how insignificant they are in comparison to the ultimate gift.
Thanks for tuning into my Christmas ramblings! If you’ve made it this far, color me humbled. Ash, thanks for letting me take over your corner of the internet for this special season!
Good morning friends! How are you this morning? Did you have a Happy Thanksgiving? I hope your hearts are full, as well as your tummies. Just wanted to take a minute to thank YOU for being a reader, and for being a friend. frappy friday wouldn’t be possible without you guys, and I am so appreciative of your support. I’m thankful and grateful for ALL OF YOU. Here’s to hopefully many more frappy fridays. Let me grab you a drink, and slice of pie while we’re at it. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Last week, the girls took me out to celebrate the engagement. We went to The Lawrence and Proof and Provision. I highly recommend both, but I think Proof and Provision was my favorite. Great atmosphere. Great food. Great drinks. It’s a triple threat.
- Also last weekend, we went out to eat to celebrate Meg’s birthday. She chose this restaurant called Agave. I was so full because I had just eaten a bunch of bbq at a wedding shower, but I got a bowl of the chicken poblano soup and it was amazing. I also got a margarita and that did not disappoint either. Would also suggest the guac and queso. You just have to go and see for yourself.
- I went to Target the other day. BIG MISTAKE. I essentially want to buy every single piece of holiday décor from the Hearth and Hand collection. Specifically the tree skirt and wreath. Anddddd this advent calendar.
- After posting about wanting a velvet dress last week, my friend Cait suggested I try this one. I don’t know if I could pull it off, but wanted to share with y’all in case anyone else was looking for a velvet dress too.
- This post about depression during the holiday’s was written by my favorite, Hannah Brencher. If depression is something you struggle with, check it out. She’ll also be coming out with a post about singleness during the holidays, so be on the lookout for that one as well.
- Looking for a gift for someone for the holidays? Take a look at uncommongoods. It’s always the first place I go when looking for a gift, especially for the men in my life. I’ve discovered some good finds here.
- “The only power the devil has is in getting people to believe his lies. If they don’t believe his lies, he is powerless.” This instagram post was exactly what I needed.
- For this Thanksgiving, I’m making this Maple Bacon Brie from Delish and a KAK pumpkin pie. Super excited to try them out!!
- THIS hallmark channel movie premieres tonight and I cannot wait. I can guarantee you I’ll be wearing my sweatshirt.
- Check out the big announcement from TOMS on The Tonight Show. Click here to send a postcard of your own.
That’s all folks! Thanks for checking in. Have a great weekend!! I’ll see you here next week.
Good morning friends! Are you as excited as I am to see the sun today? It’s been awhile since he’s come around, but I’m glad he’s back. Last weekend was one I will never forget. Aje asked me to marry him!!! What?!?!?! It still doesn’t feel real. We are so very excited! But I wanted to thank Y’ALL!! This past weekend would not have been possible without you guys. You have supported us, prayed for us, and loved on us throughout the past year and a half, and for that we are so grateful. Thank you for cheering us on and celebrating us last weekend. I can’t even explain how much it means to us. Y’all rock. Alrighty then, how are you this morning? It’s pretty chilly out there, so please take a seat and let me grab you a blanket and a hot cup of coffee. Here’s what I have for you today:
- I’ve attmepted to watch The Good Place multiple times. I’d watch the first few episodes and then lose interest. Well, I had multiple friends encourage me to finish the first season, because there was a huge twist at the end that I wouldn’t see coming. Holy moly, they were right. I just finished season one this week, and am very eager to start season two.
- For the past three years, I’ve always wanted a velvet dress for the holidays. I’m not really sure why, but it just feels like it’s so festive. What are your honest thoughts on this one? I need your honesty. Because as we all know, I’m not the best when it comes to fashion.
- When we moved back in August, I had to send my Christmas decorations home with my parents. We just don’t have the room to store them at the new house. But no worries. I bought us a little something small to get in the holiday spirit.
- This past week, I’ve mentioned to two separate friends the instagram account: @costcodoesitagain. If you love Costco, I highly recommend.
- Christmas is almost here! I can hardly believe it! I’m loving these ornaments from Stamped and Finch.
- This week Ju, Audge, and I bought tickets to go see John Crist when he comes to The Fox. We are VERY excited. And the show happens to fall on Palm Sunday, which just makes it even better.
- This past week, all I’ve wanted to eat for every meal is soup. On Wednesday, Aje and I went to Bantam + Biddy, and I got their roasted chicken vegetable soup. I hit just the spot. Normally, the soup comes with a biscuit, but they ran out! It was all good though, becuase they brought me a jalapeno cornbread muffin instead and it was just as delicious!
- Looking for a cute new home in the peach state? Check out Ju’s new instagram page called @georgiahomegems! Ju is super good at what she does, and she’ll take great care of you.
- Mumford & Sons released their new album, Delta, today.
- I’ve had a major sweet tooth recently, and this looks like it might do the trick.
Thank you for stopping by!! Have a great weekend and a Happy Happy Thanksgiving!Remember clear eyes, full tummies, can’t lose.
Good morning folks! How are ya on this dreary morning? If you ask me, it’s the perfect day to just stay in bed and watch Hallmark Channel Christmas movies all day long. I haven’t seen any yet this season. I know, shocking!! But, my sweet momma texted me earlier this week to let me know she bought us matching sweatshirts to wear as we watch all the new Christmas movies that premiere. So, we are PREPARED. Y’all, last weekend I was in the Great Smoky Mountains with family, and I wish you all could have seen the leaves. They were magnificent. The prettiest I’ve seen them in several years. I tried to capture the beauty on camera (see video below), but it just doesn’t do it justice. Are you ready for the weekend? Me too. Please sit down, and let me grab you a mug! Here’s what I have for you today:
- Netflix find: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I didn’t really find this on Netflix. I had seen people post about it and recommend it on Facebook; but I heard that it was sad, and I kept putting off watching it because I didn’t want to be sad. Then earlier this week, the weather was dreary, like this morning, and it was the perfect time to cozy up on the couch with a glass of wine and watch a good film. This movie did not disappoint. It was a captivating story and pulls at your heart strings. And while at times the story was sad, it has a happy ending. I highly recommend.
- podcast rec: bear brook podcast – haven’t had a chance to check this one out. anyone listened before!?
- Apparently I was today years old when I learned the proper way to use dry shampoo.
- I probably need this budget workbook.
- I really want to try and make this embroidered Christmas tree ornament. It’s just so cute!
- I don’t like my coffee black and I don’t like whiskey at all but I still like this sign from The Old Try.
- My friend Sara posted this video on my Facebook and it made my whole week. It’s Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel on the Tonight Show. Confused why Justin isn’t talking? Jimmy does a silent interview with JT. ONLY THEY COULD PULL IT OFF. Also the clips made me very eager to read Hindsight.
- My friend Callie is trying to gather feminine products to donate to the women at the Atlanta Mission homeless shelter. She created a list on Amazon that contains all the products they are in need of. If you are able, please consider making a purchase! You can also access the list by clicking the link in her bio.
- I made two purchases this week. The first was this clear purse for any event I attend in a stadium. I’ve been holding off purchasing one, because I didn’t real think it was necessary. I didn’t think I attended enough stadium events to invest in one. However, I’ve found myself attending more events that require clear bags than I expected, so I decided to take the plunge. Because as someone with chronic pain, I always need to have a bottle of Aleve with me. And as someone who is prone to spilling and stains, I like to keep a tide to go pen with me at all times. Not to mention the necessities like a wallet and phone. You see? A purse just makes things easier.
- The second item I purchased was this pair of jeans from Everlane. They were having a sale where all denim was $50.00. I couldn’t pass it up!
That’s all for today! Thanks for hanging. See you next week!!
These are leaves we saw on our car ride:
Good morning friends!!! How are ya?!? I missed you last week, but am so glad you got to meet my friend MJ. She’s great, isn’t she? I hope you all had a Happy Halloween! AJ and I didn’t dress up this year…. I really wanted us to be The Wet Bandits from Home Alone, but I don’t think Aje was wild about that idea. So, I’m throwing it back to when we dressed up as Spinelli and TJ from Recess last Halloween. Hard to believe that October is over, and November has already begun. This weekend I’m headed to the mountains for my family’s annual girls’ weekend. I look forward to this trip every year, and I’m so excited it’s finally here. Can’t wait to see those fall leaves and spend some quality time with the ladies I love most. Here’s what I have for you:
- My new TV show: God Friended Me – I’ve seen the first three episodes and I think I got teary-eyed at one point duirng all three. I’m excited to keep up with this one.
- This sweatshirt is on my wish list. Check out more of Rosser Riddle’s designs here. Also really like this 1996 Olympics one.
- Saw another book I want to add to the list. Y’all, I think this one is special. I just have a feeling it’s gonna be a real good one. Pre-order here.
- Last weekend, AJ and I finally got to eat at the new deli, Main St. Deli, they opened up in downtown Buford. It was delicious! I cannot recommend them enough. They are super kind, welcoming, and friendly. Not to mention, super accommodating to any allergies or gluten intolerances you may have. If you ever find yourself in downtown Buford, I highly encourage you to go check them out.
- I still hadn’t purchased a planner when I stumbled upon the Monk Manual . I’m super excited about this project though. I think it is going to be very helpful in accomplishing the goals I set for myself, and helping me be better about discipline.
- Julia’s love for flowers is contagious. She’s always buying a bouquet of fresh flowers to leave around the house. I’ve followed suit, because while it’s something so small, it brings so much joy and life to the house. Check out this Instagram full of faux floral home decor. So pretty. I want them all. But especially this mini holiday wreath.
- I recently bought this choker from Stella & Tide and now it’s my favorite necklace.
- I just recently learned that the CW did a remake of the Charmed Series. I grew up watching Charmed with my mom, so I might have to check this one out.
- And We Evolve – they have a subscription box for everything, including secondhand fashion.
- Really want to see The Hate U Give. Just watching the trailer gives me chills. “I didn’t name you Starr by accident.” Would also really like to read the book.
That’s all for today! I hope you have a cozy, restful weekend filled with warm drinks and fuzzy blankets. See you next week.