Good morning to ya!! Come here, and let me give ya a hug. I’m so excited you’re here! I feel like I struck gold, and stumbled upon some awesome finds, and I just can’t wait to share them with you. Can I get ya anything before we dive in? Can I top off your coffee for ya? Alright, let’s do the dang thing. Here’s what I have for ya:
- If you can’t reach me Saturday morning, it’s most likely because I’ll be at the Avalon waiting in line for a doughnut (are we surprised? of course not) from fashioned + fried. Don’t have plans Saturday morning? Come join me! I’d love the company. Otherwise I’ll be going on this endeavor solo.
- Want to jump on the matcha train? Personally, I don’t think it’s for me. But you know I’m always willing to give it another try. I’m just not in love like the rest of the world….yet. But any who. Rabbit trails. If YOU are loving matcha, check out this adorable matcha set.
- Is this moisture meter just not the cutest thing?!?!? It is perfect for me! I have a plant by my desk at work, and I feel like we have a bumpy relationship. I’m not sure the plant has taken a liking to me. I’ll stay on top of watering her regularly, but then an expert will walk by and inform me that the yellow leaves indicate that she’s getting too much water (side note: I did not know that and found that super fascinating). With this new information, I decided to cut back on my watering. A few days will go by, and someone will comment, “I think your plant needs some water.” I’ll look over and sure enough she’s sitting on her bench all wilty. I mean girl, make up your mind! I give you water but it’s too much, I back off and you start to die! Girl, throw me a bone. ALL that to say, I am confident this moisture meter would be beneficial for both me and the plant.
- This week I discovered Netflix’s new reality show Queer Eye. It took everything in me not to watch all eight episodes in one night. At the recommendation of friends, I figured I would check out the first episode. But I never expected to fall in love with the series. This show will take you through all the emotions. You will laugh and you will cry. I never failed to cry at least once through all eight episodes. These men, the fab five, are loving on the men who have been nominated to receive make overs. And while the Fab Five are making over the nominee’s wardrobe, house, recipe repertoire and more, they aren’t taking these men and making them into someone else. They are helping each man to see that he is wonderful and beautiful and worthy of love just the way he is. They are just there to help him see it for himself, and show him ways he can showcase it. These are all my own opinions. I, personally, saw Jesus in the show; because these men are loving on each other despite their differences, and isn’t that what the Lord has called us to do? To love our neighbor no matter what? And in a world today where hate seems to be very prominent, Queer Eye was a beautiful reminder that while we all may be different, we can still come together and love one another.
- I’ve been very into linen recently. I’ve been eyeing all the linen duvet covers online because they just look so comfy and cozy and snuggly. Well, the other day I discovered this etsy store and they sell all linen everythangggg. Like this adorable apron and these beautiful bath towels.
- Can we even call it frappy friday if I don’t share a video with Jimmy Fallon?
- Did you guys know Atlanta has its own tea parlor!?!?! Guys, this is exciting stuff. Anyone want to join me for afternoon tea in the near future? *pinky’s out*
- You guys know I love a good laugh. So, here are a few things I found this week that made me chuckle. I was scrolling through Instagram the other day when I saw this funny post of a peach. This interview on Ellen. This one really just made me happy, but the Milwaukee Brewers paid tribute the The Sandlot and you gotta see it.
- AJ loves fruity pebbles, so I think I might have to make this for us one morning.
- Did you guys ever watch Clarissa Explains it All?!? My fam was all about that show. Apparently, Nickelodeon is thinking of doing a reboot!!
That’s a wrap for today guys. Thanks for reading! Any comments/questions/concerns? Feel free to reach out! Have a frappy friday and a great weekend! See ya next week!
Good Morning All!!!!!! It feels so good to be back with you this morning. The Colorado Rockies are absolutely stunning, and skiing is way harder than it looks. All in all, it was a trip of a lifetime and I’m so grateful I had the opportunity to go. Thank you to everyone who offered for me to borrow their ski gear!! Wouldn’t have been able to go without your generosity!! Are you guys ready for this week? Sit down, take a load off, and grab a matcha latte from Moonbird Coffee….it’s only fitting since St. Patrick’s Day is tomorrow. Here’s what I have for you:
- A few weeks ago, one of my friends shared on her insta stories about this podcast she was listening to called Reply All. Naturally, I took a screenshot of the picture so I could go back and look up the episode later. I just listened to it this past week, and was captivated by the story. I had to find out what came next. Check out Episode #102. You know how you always get calls from those random 1-800 numbers? Well, one 1-800 number made the mistake of calling a journalist.
- While on vacation, my friend Care was wearing some super cute accessories that the rest of us couldn’t help but dote on. Turns out she subscribes to this designer jewelry box: rocks box.
- Y’all. Get ready. Because on April 14th The Hunter for Target collection will be launching exclusively at Target. I can’t wait!!!
- Speaking of Target collections, Love Taza just launched a family luggage collection, and since I have a case of the travel bug I thought I’d share.
- If you don’t click on any of the links, please click on this one. HB wrote a post on comparison and I think we could all benefit from it.
- If you’re a regular, you’ve probably picked up by now that a follow MANY a people on instagram. One of the accounts a follow is salty seattle. She creates these beautiful pasta masterpieces. And I just had to share this St. Patrick’s Day ravioli. That is just incredible!!
- Revolution Doughnuts. Please look at all these wonderful flavors they have just for St. Patrick’s Day. Anyone want to share with me?
- You guys probably won’t find this as funny as I did, but I’m still gonna share. The other day I was walking out of my pilates class when I noticed the store next to it. I had previously thought it was a barre studio as I always rushed past trying to make it to class on time. However, as I was leaving I realized the sign read bare not barre. It’s a new threading, waxing, and sugaring studio. And as this all sank in I became ecstatic. I literally called my mom on the way home just to tell her about my new discovery. I felt like I had struck gold. I’ve been hoping to find a place close by to my house or work where I can get my eyebrows threaded. I’m unable to get them waxed because I have such sensitive skin, and the skin will always rip. I’ve only ever gotten my eyebrows done at a nail salon, and I had been getting them done over in Smyrna where my close friend lived. And once my friend moved, I didn’t want to have to make the trek all the way to Smyrna just to get my eyebrows threaded. All that to say, I’m uber excited to give this place a try!
- You guys gotta check out Karla Reed on Instagram. She does weekly try-ons of clothes from affordable brands! She just posted a segment on her insta stories all about spring dresses, and I now have all the dresses in my cart ready for check out.
- I’ve included a picture of me wiping out on the mountain for your enjoyment. Learning to ski was a lot of fun, but it was also hard. I fell multiple times and required the help of someone else to get up. Just felt like I needed to be honest about that.
Well folks, that’s all for today. It was so good to see you again! I missed ya. Have a great weekend and be safe. I’ll see you next Friday!
Y’all, good morning!! It’s beautiful outside this morning!!! Welcome to March. One of my favorite months because 1. St. Patrick’s Day and 2. March Madness. If you don’t have plans for St. Patty’s day, you do now. Because I want you to come hang with me at my house and eat all the green-colored treats while Luck of the Irish plays in the background. It’ll be grand (said in an Irish accent). Shall we get to it then? Here’s what I have for you this week:
- I love my city. It is no secret. Sometimes I get teary eyed watching Atlanta United play. And I love any chance I get to soak up our city’s skyline. Atlanta is so very near and dear to my heart. It’s the last city I wanted to end up in after graduating college, but the ATL has been capturing my heart ever since I planted my roots here in the summer of 2015. SO, with that being said, I am ALLLLLLL about this company Made With Soul in Atlanta. And I definitely need a shirt.
- After seeing food blogger after food blogger post about Banza, I am very eager to give it a try. I mean look at their Instagram page. Those photos make me drool!
- Ju learned about The Happy Hour podcast from our friend Kerby, and I’m really eager to listen to the two episodes Kerbs recommended: Catherine Lowe and Kat Harris. I didn’t know who Kat Harris was, so naturally I goggled her. She runs the website the refined woman and I’m obsessed. I love their manifesto!
- This Instagram post hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m tired of putting my imagination towards my anxiety. I’d much rather put it towards my creativity.
- YES to body diversity. I love the honesty and vulnerability found in this post. Confessions: I’ve never given birth to children and I have stretch marks. I’ve had them since I was 11. And I’m in the process of learning to love them and not shaming myself for having them.
- Do I need a membership to this financial gym? I so so so desperately want to be better about how I budget my money. Do y’all have any tips on how you budget? I’m no math whiz, and numbers tend to overwhelm me. So, anything that helps simplify the process would really help!
- At the moment, I’m really loving Chris Stapleton’s song Broken Halos.
- Because of my love for St. Patrick’s Day I had to share this dahhhhlinggg bracelet from Wanderer Bracelets.
- I really want to like matcha because ALL of leefromamerica’s posts with matcha look beautiful. But the only matcha drink I’ve tried was from Starbucks, and I was not a fan. I couldn’t do it. I had to pour the drink out. Should I just accept that I don’t like it or should I give it another try? I know I’m gonna cave and give it another try….I just can’t resist a green drink.
That’s it for today. Thanks for reading y’all! It really does mean so much to me. Next week frappy friday will be on vacay, so I’ll see ya in two weeks! Have a great weekend!
Good morning! There’s just something about Fridays! Gotta love them. And today it’s BEAUTIFUL outside. I just want to sit outside and soak up all the rays. Have any big plans for the weekend? For me, I’m really hoping to get my life together. That involves going grocery shopping, cleaning my room, paying bills, and packing for Aspen! Y’all ready for this? Here’s what I got for you:
- Tell me these cookies don’t look AMAZING. Love that they include sea salt sprinkled on top. You can find the recipe here.
- Bob Goff is coming out with a new book!
- In addition to getting my life together, I think I’ll spend the weekend mixing up essential oil blends to use around the house. I’m getting pretty into natural household cleaners. Probably because in college, the house I lived in junior year had fleas, and I honestly lost count of how many fleas bombs we set off. So, I’m pretty convinced I’ll be diagnosed with some disease later on in life because of all the chemicals I inhaled.
- If you guys love stationary, this is the subscription box for you.
- I love this bathroom. I think I need the bath mat.
- I want to shop ethically. Ethical brands have been weighing on my heart a lot recently. I found this blog about a couple that is trying to promote fair fashion and ethical goods. They compiled a list of ethical brands that they love.
- I really like these cups from Hearth & Hand.
- Does anyone want to go with me to Warby Parker on Saturday? I’ve never actually been to one of their stores, and Saturday seemed like a good a time as any. Who doesn’t love trying on glasses? I did their at home try-on and this was the family favorite.
- I’m very jealous I wasn’t able to celebrate the launch of the Spring issues for Darling and Magnolia. It looked like it was a lot of fun.
- I want all these books on the enneagram.
That’s it for today! Thanks for reading! Also, don’t be shy. Feel free to reach out. I’d love to meet you!
Good morning my people! How ya doin? I needed an extra shot in my latte this morning to wake me up and get me going. I graduated physical therapy today, so I should be all good to go come March 7 when I hit the ski slopes for the first time ever. In the meantime, you can find me in Daytona this weekend where I’ll be experiencing my first NASCAR race with BaeJ (this is what Audge likes to call him and it kills me every time, I can’t read it without chuckling to myself). Wish me luck! Aje is very nervous I’ll go full sorority date night attire on him. I make no promises that I won’t. Alright guys, moving on to the good stuff. Here’s what I have for you:
- All my ATL (HAY TEA ALE) folks, get excited because Nashville’s Five Daughters Bakery is coming to Ponce City Market in the Spring and I will be first in line for that 100 layer donut.
- Y’all. Ski ballet used to be an Olympic sport. Yup, you read that right. Ski ballet.
- Always on the hunt for a new journal. Letterfolk’s Abridged Journal was featured as one of Joanna Gaines’ favorite things in their Magnolia magazine.
- This quote says it all.
- 17 innocent lives were lost on Wednesday. Helena, Alex, Cara, Carmen, Peter, Nicolas, Gina, Martin, Jaime, Joaquin, Scott, Alyssa, Alaina, Chris, Meadow, Aaron, Luke. We have to do something. Today, my prayer is that the Lord would break our hearts for what breaks his, and that it would call us to take action.
- Dax Shepard, Crosby from Parenthood, came out with his own podcast! And he interview wife Kristin Bell in the first episode. Haven’t given it a listen yet, but it’s definitely on my to-do list.
- I think these eucalyptus temporary tattoos from tattly look fun AND their infused with a calming scent.
- This parmesan spinach pesto linguine that @breakingbreadxo posted looks AHHHMAZINGGGGG. Now that I’ve finished the Whole 30, I want ALL the pasta.
- I’m absolutely trying to go to Rising Son for some of this strawberry shortcake.
- I’m hoping to go to a free intro class at Club Pilates this upcoming week if anyone wants to join! HMU if you’re interested.
Well folks, that’s all for today. Our time has come to an end. Feel free to stay for however long you’d like. Take a look around and make yourself at home. I’ll see you next Friday!
Good morning everyone!! We survived another week. And we get to celebrate with the Opening Ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics tonight!! Grab a few friends, grab a few drinks, and get together to cheer on Team U.S. of A. Take a seat while I grab you a cup of coffee. Here’s what I have for you today:
- I find this plant mister adorable. It reminds me of that scene in the first Princess Diaries movie where Mia and her grandmother are in the green house spritzing the flowers. You know what I’m talking about? *Tried to find a clip to show you, but no luck.*
- I’m not a big DIY person, but this looks like it would be fun.
- I want all the coffee mugs. I’m a firm believer you can never have too many coffee mugs.
- Went to downtown Duluth this past Sunday. It’s freaking adorable. I highly recommend Good Word Brewery and Simply Done Donuts. I wasn’t able to fully enjoy either place because, you know, Whole 30. SO, if you need someone to go with, I volunteer!!
- I really like these Universal Thread shoes at Target.
- Just discovered this site called The Sill. It has all the house plants you could ever want.
- Air BNB’s most poplar listing is in Atlanta. Yet another reason to love the ATL…or as I saw on a poster once the HAY TEA ALE.
- I think this ring is absolutely gorgeous but its price baffles me. I really just love the design of it! If you’ve seen a similar ring for a much much MUCH more reduced price hit me up.
- Has anyone ever tried bulletproof coffee? thinking about giving it a try while I’m on the Whole 30 (ALMOST to the finish line folks).
- wait…what? These crocs were sold for $850…..and sold out.
- In case you missed it, The Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl, but more importantly the Patriots lost. Ok, sorry, I’m done beating up on the Pats. I really am excited for the Eagles, and their city. And after reading this post from Nick Foles it makes me even happier that they won.
- Y’all know I couldn’t post a frappy friday without sharing a clip of my boys, JT & JF. This clip of Justin Timberlake on the Tonight Show after the Super Bowl is BOMB. I love watching the two of them interact.
- Fellas. Valentine’s Day is this upcoming Wednesday. Might want to write that one down. Don’t have a gift yet? Here’s a cute ring from Pandora that’s under $50.
- If you don’t have plans Saturday morning, and are in the Atlanta area this Valentine Flower Pop-up seems pretty cool. The rooms and I will be there if you want to join.
That’s all I got for you. Catch ya next week!
How we doin party people? It’s finally Friday. We made it!! We survived the week AND January! I’ve been loving all the memes about how long January has felt. So true. February, we welcome you with open arms. Well friends, I hope you have fun plans for the Super Bowl, and when I say that I really mean, find a place to watch the halftime show because you’re not gonna want to miss it. As for the game, I just want the Patriots to lose. And that’s really it. Alright guys, lets get to it, shall we? The coffee is brewed. If you’re stayin, I’m pourin. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Kristin Ess. She’s my new girl crush. I want to purchase all her products at Target, but especially this Rose Gold Temporary Tint. It’s a temporary dye that washes right out! Lauren Conrad tried it and posted a pic of her hair on her insta stories and it looked AMAZING. Feel like it would just be a fun thing to do for the weekend, ya know? Spice things up.
- Recently went to the eye doctor, and it turns out my prescription has doubled. So, I was essentially walking blind for the last year and a half. Desperate for some new glasses ASAP, I searched Zenni and EyeBuyDirect. I found this pair on EyeBuyDirect. Feel like it’s a pretty bold choice for me. I’m hoping I don’t regret it.
- Been very into ceramic mugs. Here are a few I have my eye on: Margaret & Beau, Manjar Ceramics, and Freckled Pottery.
- Did you guys ever watch Saved By the Bell? That show was my JAM. I grew up on it. I’d be glued to the TV screen in the mornings, munchin on my blueberry eggo waffle, and mom doing my hair. Those were the good ol’ days. WELL, there is a Saved By the Bell pop up diner coming to LA, and I’m super jealous!!
- I love bagels. And one of the first places I’m going when this Whole 30 is over with will be Emerald City Bagels. The new bagel joint just opened in East Atlanta Village.
- Speaking of the Whole 30, I’m on day 19 and I haven’t died yet, so I’ll call that progress. As far as results? Can’t say I’m noticing any drastic differences. But, maybe one day I’ll wake up and it will all hit me at once, and I’ll be like, “Ohhhhh! This really is worth it!” At least, that’s what I’m hoping for. In the meantime, I’m prepping for the Super Bowl. I found a few recipes courtesy of Pinterest for Whole 30 compliant tailgate foods. Definitely think I’ll make these wings. But these sweet potato chips look real good. Stadium Green Beans….that would probably be a first for me.
- Justin Timberlake’s album, Man of the Woods, was released last night at midnight. So, you know I jammed out to it this morning when I was up at the crack of freakin dawn for my physical therapy appointment. He also released a new music video for his title track, Man of the Woods. Y’all, he dances with Jessica Biel in the music video and ohmygoodness bestillmyheart. It is so precious. Ya have to check it out. I loved it. Every second of it.
- I subscribe to a beauty box called Oui Fresh and each month they send me five natural beauty products. This past month they sent me one of their own lipsticks and I really love it! It’s such a fun color!
- Last weekend, I went with Mo and Audge, to see a live podcast of My Favorite Murder and oh my goodness it was awesome. I had heard of the podcast but never actually listened to it, so the live show was my first time listening. Incredible! Highly recommend. And if you have the opportunity to see them live, you DEFINITELY need to!
- My physical therapist suggested I give pilates a try. I was talking to her about my chronic back pain and she said she had several clients with chronic back pain who tried pilates and it either got rid of their pain completely or helped minimize the pain. Well, that is QUITE a pitch. Consider me sold. I signed up for the balanced life’s free mind & body pilates challenge. So, we shall see! Also, please keep me accountable on this. We all know I’m notorious for starting things and never finishing.
That’s a wrap! Catch ya next week!