Happy Friday everyone!!! IT’S SNOWING!!!! It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Snow in December. It is just so dreamy!!!!!! All I want to do is go home, curl up on my couch with my new heated blanket (shoutout to my girl Kamryn), turn on the lights on my Christmas tree, light a fir scented candle, sip some hot cocoa, and watch a Hallmark Channel Christmas movie. Who’s with me?? But for now, I’ll settle for hot coffee at my desk, and walking by my boss’s office every so often just to get a glimpse of the snow dusting the campus from his window. Here’s what I got for today:
- Fan of Parenthood? Well, check it out, because Mae Whitman is coming back to your television screen in a new show called good girls.
- Y’all. You no longer have to sacrifice quality goods because of the expensive price. Brandless is changing the game. Everything is $3.00. That’s right. $3!!!!!! Incredible. I just ordered body wash to give them a try. I’ll let you know my thoughts once it comes in!
- heavenly peace. I read this post on Blessed is She the other day, and I really loved it and wanted to share.
- DAWGS are SEC Champs. People are pretty stoked.
- I can’t even imagine. Keeping Los Angeles in my thoughts and prayers this week.
- Psych the Movie. Can’t freaking wait. IT COMES ON TONIGHT. The dream team is back together again.
- Pretty sure I don’t have many male readers, but if you’re a male and you’re reading (HI, so glad you’re here) BUT you may want to skip over this link. OR, perhaps, you may want to check it out and surprise the woman in your life with a sweet treat: moon cycle bakery. Ladies, that time of the month just got better.
- Sway. How did I not know there is an all you can eat pie bar in Atlanta?!?!
- Food terminal. Ate here last Friday. It was delish. Went back for lunch on Monday. The menu can be overwhelming because there are so many options. I highly recommend the Tossed Noodle Grandma Wonton BBQ Pork (option TN01 on the menu).
- sugar shack. It’s not what you think. It is a bakery. I give their hot chocolate two thumbs up.
- These headphones are like really pretty.
- I’m ready to try out every single one of these slow cooker recipes.
Feel like I posted a lot about food this week. I guess I’ve just been really hungry. What’s that they say? People who love to eat are always the best kind of people? Hey, have a great weekend! Stay safe and warm!
Good morning y’all! How the heck are ya? Ready for the weekend? Me too. Well, let’s start it off right. Grab that coffee and get cozy. May I suggest a song for your listening pleasure while you scroll through? Saw Luke Combs last night at the Tabernacle and WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. It was incredible. That guy knows how to put on a show. He did a cover of Ed Sheeran’s song Dive and it was to die for. Give it a listen while you read. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Loving these flow charts from Bustle. This “which cheesy holiday song are you” pegged me down perfectly. I got Last Christmas by Wham!
- One of the biggest complaints I hear about going to mass is that it’s hard to pay attention. I totally get it. I would be straight up lying to you if I told you I had never started daydreaming during mass, or that I had never started to nod off. I understand the struggle. When I went to Protestant churches with friends in college, almost always they brought a journal with them to take notes. I loved that! It always helped me to be more attentive because I was eager to write down the truth I was learning. Not to mention, I’m always looking for an excuse to buy a new journal. Well, I’m super excited to share Every Sacred Sunday with y’all. It’s a mass journal and it starts this Sunday, and I’m super pumped to take it to mass with me.
- I love a good gift guide. Hannah Brencher made several: one for her, one for him, and one for gifts that give back. I think they’re worth a look if you’re still doing some holiday shopping.
- Where are the Mary Kate and Ashley heartthrobs now? Does anyone else remember when “Freeform” was actually “Fox Family” and they used to play Mary Kate and Ashley marathons on the weekend? Those were my jam. Weekends full of Full House and all the best MK & Ash flicks that I grew up on. Sweet bliss.
- Love Brunch? And making new friends? Check out But First Let’s Brunch. My girl Karmyn sent me the link earlier this week and I thought it was a really cool concept.
- I loved Parenthood and Friday Night Lights. They are some of my favorite TV shows. I’m happy to tell ya Christmas came early, because the producers of FNL and Parenthood have a new show coming to NBC in March. It’s called Rise.
- This is probably the best invention ever. Definitely thinking about investing. Because we all know the hardest part about going through the Chick-fil-A drive through is trying to keep those fries warm until you get where you’re going. With this nifty gadget, we could just dive on in.
- When I was younger, I had a huge obsession with Anastasia. I absolutely LOVED the song “Once Upon a December,” but I could never remember the words, so I would make my friend Caitlin sing the song to me whenever we hung out (surprisingly, she still hangs out with me). Finally, I got someone to write down the lyrics for me and for awhile I kept them in my wallet. All that to say, Anastasia is coming to Broadway! And we got a sneak peek of “Once Upon a December” during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- I think these scrolls are super cute, and I kinda want to buy one. Might make a great holiday gift or house warming present.
- I just ordered a diffuser necklace, and I’m pretty pumped for it to come in. But I think I was more pumped about the price. I got it from Vitality Extracts. I heard about them from a new friend and immediately started following them on Instagram.
Happy December 1st everyone! I hope you have a great weekend! Stay safe and warm! If you happen to be baking Christmas cookies, or sitting by the fire and need some company, hit me up.
Happy Wednesday!! We’re celebrating frappy friday a little earlier than usual because of Thanksgiving. I’m sure you all have big plans for Friday, so I wanted to catch you beforehand. Maybe you’ll be out shopping in the wee hours of the morn, or perhaps sleeping in still stuck in that food coma. I might be joining my boyfriend’s family for an early morning hike. That’s right, you heard me. I said hike. I didn’t misspeak. Prayers for that would be greatly appreciated as I’m not much of an outdoors woman. Or really an outdoors anything. Stay tuned for how that turns out. In the meantime, here’s what I have for you:
- Have you finished all your holiday shopping? Still need a gift for that one person who is super hard to shop for? Maybe amazon can help. I might have to gift myself #17 to see if it helps with my back pain. Also, #23 is mind boggling.
- Had lunch with pops yesterday and we tried this new restaurant. It was great! We both got a rice box with the original ponko. I also give their ranch all the praise hands. And their slogan: Where eats meets west. That is just too good. Check it out if you get a chance.
- May I suggest a short and sweet from muchacho? My girl Audge got one last Saturday, and I got to have a little taste. I’ll definitely be ordering one the next time I go. Heads up, it comes in a super tiny cup. That was unexpected for us, so wanted to give you fair warning. Also, I highly recommend the breakfast tacos. wowzers. They are delish.
- Bought these new pens to use in the new year when I start my bullet journal, and I already love them. They’re fun to write with and make my everyday hand writing seem fancy.
- I scrolled past this article on Facebook, and saved the link to come back to. Later that same day, my roommate sent it to me in a private message. It talks about what self-care really looks like, and it was something I definitely needed to hear.
- In case you need more proof that Adele is the coolest.
- I’ve been contemplating buying an apple watch for almost seven months. This article helps you decide if an apple watch is for you.
- new year new journal. This article tells you what type of journal is best for you based on your myers briggs. you gotta check it out.
- Priorities. December is just a few days away, and it helps to know all the festive films you can watch on Netflix this year.
- Adding this to my must read list. Here’s an excerpt of the description (in case you don’t feel compelled to click on the link): “They expose an honest, softer, somewhat confronting side to social media — a side that we all need to see, a side that we all need to digest, because that is the side that inspires, that is the side that represents who we are.”
- Everyone’s favorite duo. Truthfully, they were my favorite pairing this season. All the love for these two.
- I feel pretty skeptical about this. I would try it out but I’m going to have to wait till my hair gets a little longer. If you happen to give it a try, let me know how it works out for you. I’m curious.
- Remember when I mentioned John Krasinski and Emily Blunt would be staring in a film together? Well, the trailer is here. I’m not one for horror movies, but I think I’m going to make an exception.
That’s it for today. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving filled with full hearts and bellies. I hope you all know how thankful I am for each of YOU. All my love to you and yours. See you next week!
Happy Friday to you! I’ll be completely honest: I’m lagging this week. I haven’t been able to sleep through an entire night this whole week, so I’m just straight up cranky. May God bless all those who have had to put up with me this week. BUT, it’s Friday which means its the freaking weekend. AND next week is Thanksgiving, which means a short work week. As Matthew McConaughey says, “Alright, alright, alright.” Grab that coffee, or in my case a Starbucks London Fog Tea Latte, and enjoy the ride. Can I just say, I’m so glad you’re here. Here’s what I have for you this week:
- If you’re looking to buy the perfect gift for the man in your life, look no further: Man Crates has you covered. I bought my brother the Hot & Spicy crate last year for Christmas, and I instantly became sister of the year. I’m going to have to get him another one for Christmas this year, because I’ve searched high and low for a gift that might top it, but I’m coming up short. And no worries if your dude isn’t into hot sauce, they have a crate for everything.
- It’s always a process getting myself to shower. Just ask my roommates. These shower products might help bathing seem more enticing
- This post about Taylor Swift’s performance on Jimmy Fallon brought me to tears. Sweet Jimmy. I love ya.
- Dreams do come true. You can now eat breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Whenever I need motivation, I watch dance videos. In college, if I needed a study break I watched dance videos or movie trailers. Kyle Hanagami is one of my favorite choreographers. I hadn’t checked out his page in a while, but I hit the jackpot this week. I found not only one, two, BUT THREE new dances that I thought I would share with y’all. oh my goodness. these dances gave me all the chills.
- I took the plunge, and bought a notebook so I can start bullet journaling in the new year. I also bought this cover while I was it. Of course, I originally bought the cover in the this really pretty pale pink, you know, that millennial pink that is all the rage. But I had to return it because it was the wrong size…whoops. I’m a little upset they didn’t have the pale pink in the bigger size, but I’m gonna work with the florals.
- If you need to smile, watch this.
- Does anyone want to go to Harry Potter World with me for Christmas? I’ll wait for you to name a more magical Christmas experience
This week was pretty short. My messed up sleep schedule is really getting to me. Regardless, I’m thankful for anytime you spend with me on here. Have a great weekend. Catch some zzzzzs. And have a Happy Thanksgiving. I’ll catch you next week!
Good morning y’all!!! Celebrating frappy friday on a Monday today, because sometimes life happens and you drop the ball, but you gotta give yourself grace and roll with the punches. So, here we are. Happy Monday folks. I’m exhausted, but excited to be with ya this fine day. Grab that extra strong, extra shot of espresso cup of joe and prepare yourself for a great week. Here’s what I have for you today:
- In preparation for all those Friendsgivings that are about to take place. I went to one this past weekend, and brought mac n’ cheese. Turns out a sign up sheet is extremely important. Because three other people also brought mac n’ cheese.
- I can’t really explain it but I love reading what people do for their morning routines. And I just found a site dedicated to that. I’m terrible at getting up in the morning, and so I think my hope is that by reading what others do I’ll find the magic trick that will help me get my butt up and at ’em in the morning
- This is a pretty costly gift. BUT I have all the support for it .
- Guys, I’ve heard great things about young living co. Seriously, I’ve never heard a bad word. I just can’t decide if I should jump all in. Commitment is hard.
- Do you have a creative job?
- I love peoples’ homes. I love going into someone’s house and seeing how they made it their own. Each house tells a story, and we all know I love a good story.
- Here’s a new podcast if you’re in the market for a new one.
- These were things I needed to hear as someone who suffers from chronic pain.
- I’m sure you are overwhelmed by the new Magnolia collection at Target, and don’t know where to start. Still have yet to go check it out, because I know once I see it I will lose any and all self-control and end up spending more money than I have.
- I read this because I was literally falling asleep at my desk.
- Since September, I’ve been teaching a confirmation class for 10th graders. I really love it. They’re a good group of kids, and I really and truly enjoy my time with them. Now, I can’t say that they feel the same way about our time together, but I’m doing my best. I’m struggling though. This past Sunday, one of my girls asked the infamous question, “why do bad things happen to good people?” I stood in front of my kids and I froze. This was a question I had asked a thousand times, and now as I was being asked the question, I didn’t know what to say. Especially with all that is happening around us, I didn’t know what to tell the expectant faces looking back at me. Faces that were looking to me to provide an answer that would ease their aching hearts and the confusion clouding their thoughts. And for those few brief seconds where I took a pause to collect my thoughts, I panicked. What am I going to say? I am the absolute wrong person to ask. I’m not a theological scholar, and I don’t have the bible memorized. Heck, I haven’t even read the entire bible. So, I begged the Lord to be with me and prayed for the best. I figured honesty was the best policy, so I told them this is a question I ask myself all the time and one I’m constantly grappling with. I went on to say that the bible doesn’t promise us we will not suffer. But that despite the sufferings we will endure, God, who loves us so much that He sent his only son to die for us, equips us with the hope, community, and strength to endure the suffering. And while you may feel abandoned, I can assure you, that you are never alone. God walks with you through the suffering. I told them I was learning a lot about lamenting. That the study I am working through has led me to the Psalms. Where time and time again we see people crying out to the Lord, “why have you forsaken me?” But in that same breath, while crying out to the Lord, they are also giving him praise. That I’m learning to do that. I am learning to cry out to the Lord to be near me, while also giving Him praise no matter my circumstances. And then I told them I loved them and was always here if they needed to talk.
- Boy, do I have a story for you. I made these on Tuesday, and it was quite the event. I was supposed to go to dance class, but I couldn’t get myself there. Not because my car broke down or because traffic was bad, I just didn’t have the strength to muster up the energy to go and be active. So, like always, the guilt immediately started to set in. I was sitting on the couch, watching my crazy ex-girlfriend, speaking lies to myself. Headed towards a downward spiral fast. Well, that HAD to stop. So, I jumped up, grabbed my car keys, and headed to Whole Foods. I picked up all the ingredients that the recipe called for and headed back home to make these suckers. What I thought would be a quick and easy cooking sesh turned out to be this long, exhausting process that made me want to sit on the kitchen floor, curl up in a ball, and cry. Everything was going great until it came time to use my food processor. I will note that my food processor is older than I am. My mom gifted it to me when she got herself an upgrade. Essentially what happened, to make a long story short, is that my food processor stopped working, and then I panicked and tried a blender-which was very unsuccessful. At this point its like 10:30 at night and I just want to go bed, but I’ve dirtied up all these dishes, and my fat ball mix is not blending. Determined not to give up, I roll the chunky batter into balls and throw them into the freezer. So, while mine look nothing like the beautiful photo on Instagram, because they were not blended AT ALL, they still tasted good and I’m up for the challenge to try making them again, this time *fingers crossed* properly. Say a prayer for my food processor and that it has one more blend in it.
That’s it! See you in a few short days for our regularly scheduled programming!
Guess what day it is? That’s right, Fri-YAY! I’m writing from the car today. Headed to the annual girls weekend trip with the family to wreak havoc on Pigeon Forge. I’m really pumped for a weekend full of family, food, and LOTS of laughs. I had a small break down earlier this week where tears were shed and life seemed overwhelming and every task impossible to conquer. So, this trip is coming at a much needed time. I hope you’re able to find some time this weekend to sneak away and relax. Maybe that time is now? I don’t know, but if it is, I’m honored to join ya. Grab that beverage, and pop a squat. Here’s what I got for you:
- Let me introduce you to my new favorite Instagram account. She wrote a book, and you know I’m adding it to the birthday wish list.
- Where all my INFJs at?!?!?!?!
- I think Kristin Bell is really great, and hilarious. I genuinely wish we were friends, and that she could mentor me through life. If you’re not convinced she’s great, maybe you should watch this, or look at this, or maybe watch this commercial. I mean she’s an angel.
- Confession. I love the Hallmark Channel. And I mean LOVE. Nothing brings me more happiness than sitting at home, curled up on the couch, watching a cheesy love story unfold in front of me in true Hallmark fashion. So, it should come to no surprise that I LOVE LOVE LOVE their Countdown to Christmas. I look forward to it every year. No joke. My dad emailed me their holiday program guide last week because he just gets me. Not to forget that last year my parents changed cable providers, and were overjoyed to share with me that I could now watch Hallmark Channel on my phone (because I don’t have cable at my house) all through this nifty little app. I almost burst with glee and I’m not ashamed to admit it. And y’all I have more good news for you. You can now find your favorite Hallmark Christmas movie as a book.
- a catholic illustration bible. EEEPPPP!!!! so much excitement. I’ve been praying for this for so long and I’m so excited it’s finally here!! I pre-ordered mine as soon as I heard.
- The Winter Olympics are less than 100 days away!! Please watch this commercial P&G released. I loved their Thank You Mom campaign a few years ago. Brings tears to my eyes every time.
- I hate working out. There is just no other way around it. So, if you feel the same way, you are not alone. And this article is for you.
- The last few weeks, I’ve had an itch to create. I’ve always wanted to be “a creative.” But I’m pretty harsh myself. I can’t sing, I don’t play an instrument, and I can’t draw. So, I guess that’s that. FALSE. I believe we were born to create and everyone can be creative. I’d really like to try this. Anyone want to do it with me? You know I always need an accountability partner. gosh, elle you are so darn cool!
- Both jobs I’ve had since graduating college have been administrative assistant positions, and while I hope to someday be more than an assistant, this article was really encouraging to read.
Enjoy the weekend everyone! Sending you all my love and well wishes. See ya next week!
Happy Friday!! This week has been a rollercoaster of emotions, and it has left me exhausted. BUT there has been so much good that has come from this week (hoping to give more details about everything in a later blog post) and I’m feeling really thankful! Grab that frap, or may I recommend a spicy Mexican hot chocolate from Moonbird Coffee, and let’s get to it. Here’s what I have for you today:
- First and foremost, JT has been back in the studio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention, HE’S PERFORMING AT THE SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW. My automatic reaction when I found out the news was to interrupt my roommates’ and I’s viewing of This is Us to share the good news. I gasped and squealed and immediately looked up a way to buy tickets. Because have you seen Justin’s documentary on Netflix? The kid can put on a show. But the recent news brought back to light the last performance Justin gave at a Super Bowl Halftime show where he performed alongside Janet Jackson. This article goes into detail about the backlash some are feeling over the announcement.
- Last weekend I went to the coffee shop of my dreams, and had the best empanada. Wish I hadn’t been so full from lunch because I wanted to try everything on their menu. We saw a waiter walk by with someone’s order of a poke bowl and it looked divine. This is definitely going to be a new favorite spot of mine.
- I should probably read this article on how to get yourself to do things. I’m really bad at putting things off. One time I washed my sheets, and brought them all the way from the laundry room to my bedroom to put on my bed before deciding I was too exhausted to put them on that night. So, I draped my comforter on top of my mattress, grabbed a throw to cover my pillows, and wrapped myself in my fuzzy blanket. I slept like that for several weeks. Or for instance, it took me nearly a week to wash my crock pot after I took it to work: a few days to get it out of the car, and then it sat in the kitchen sink soaking for a few more. To my roommates, I apologize for that. And then finally, there’s the coffee pot my friend Kates gave me for my birthday, FIVE MONTHS ago. It’s been sitting on our fireplace for FIVE MONTHS. Poor Katie, every time she comes over she sees it sitting there. It took me five months to take it out of the packaging, wash it, and set it up in my bedroom where I’m now using it as motivation to get out of bed in the morning. Other things I’m putting off that I should probably be held accountable for: getting my oil changed, returning a dress, taking some pants to the alterations shop, and vacuuming my room.
- I’m always looking for an excuse to cancel my gym membership.
- If you’ve been following along then you know I’ve really been in to skin care and personalization. This brand, as Hannah Montana would say, “is the best of both worlds.”
- I think I’m having a tiny life crisis. Suddenly, I want to get rid of everything I own and become a minimalist. I think this website could help.
- Truth be told, I’ve always wanted a red felt beret. (please note: I’m not a huge fan of how the model in that particular photo is wearing hers. This model, however, I think really rocks it) However, I will probably never purchase one because this past weekend I asked my friends Robert and Austin if I could pull it off, and they said, “no,” simultaneously. It was quite hilarious, and the honesty was greatly appreciated. You never know though. Maybe I’ll get one just to see if I can prove them wrong.
- I love a good meme. I’ve added it to my list of love languages. I feel loved when someone tags me in a meme, and I express my love for my friends by tagging them in memes ALL. THE. TIME. Saw this one and it was all too relatable not to share.
- I found this article on American teenagers suffering from anxiety more than ever before really interesting.
- Happy Halloween! Welcome to Halloween as an adult.
- I bought a pumpkin two weeks ago to carve, and have yet to get around to it (I HAVE to stop putting things off). But its not too late! Just have to decide what I want to do. This or maybe this? Should we take a vote?
- A list of things I don’t like but am convinced that if I just give it one more shot I’ll become a huge fan: marshmallows, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, eggnog, pop tarts. I have a really good feeling that these might be able to change my mind about pop tarts. They look scrumptious.
- Can you tell I just discovered this site and am in love with it? It’s a one stop shop, ya know? Ju and I have been wanting a fall wreath for our house all season, but holy smokes they are expensive. I want a cute house and all, but I would also like to keep my arm and leg in the process. BUT now we can make one! Wooohoooo!!! Let’s get crafty.
- Stranger Things 2 is premiering tonight!!!!!! I’m sure you already know this. I just watched the first season two weeks ago. Took me awhile to come around. Not that I regret it, because I didn’t have to painfully wait a full year for the next season to come out.
- I just remembered I bought a plaster skull weeks ago with the intent of making this (putting things off might be a bigger problem than I thought). I should do that tonight.
- When I was little, my mom glued cotton balls to my t-shirt and called me a sheep. Parents sure have raised the bar since then. Check out what the kids are dressing up as nowadays.
- I chuckled at some of the comments people left on this post all about Halloween costumes nobody got.
Happy Halloween you guys!! Enjoy your holiday and stay safe! I’ll see ya next week.