It’s Friday in Fall and I’m sweating. I’m radiating some serious cooler weather vibes only. I was very committed to embracing the fall season no matter what the weather outside looked like. I was wearing sweaters to work and drinking hot cinnamon tea, but today I’m grabbing an ICE COLD (shoutout to OutKast) anything. Trading that warm cup of coffee I mentioned last week back in for my faithful frap. Here’s what I got for this week:
- If you find any of these just lying around, I’m not saying I didn’t leave one behind for you to happen upon.
- Sometimes, I get genuinely upset with myself because I don’t have beautiful handwriting. It looks like this book might be able to help. I can dig it.
- Catholics can be cool too.
- I have this daydream where I’m the ultimate girl boss. I wake up like two hours before I have to leave for work, and I have time to do a meditation routine before I sit down at my kitchen table to munch on some avocado toast and sip my morning coffee. I throw on a simple yet incredibly chic outfit that the wrinkles have been ironed out of. I swipe on some mascara and lip gloss, because in this daydream I have a skin care routine and my face is blemish free. And then I spend my day kicking butt and taking names. When I dream about this girl boss version of myself, I imagine this is the bag she carries. Side note, I’m a big fan of soft materials, and I just imagine this material feeling like a cloud.
- I follow advanced style on Instagram, and I love it. But I found this one post to be super inspiring.
- Acne is a very real part of my life. And I think I’m gonna have to try these. Stay tuned for feedback.
- taproom coffee is all about bringing people together. I love it. Let me know if you want to go to an event together.
- Thanks to one of Taproom’s events, I recently learned about design thinking.
- Fun fact about me: I love commercials. In college, my young life team used to make fun of me because I was always quoting random commercials that no one had ever seen. I’m loving these new ads from Talbots.
- Because who doesn’t love amazon?
- BLAST FROM THE PAST. have ya heard? An added bonus, the new Tamagotchi will be less “high maintenance” than the older version.
- first look. It’s here. It’s here. It’s here!! The first look at Joanna and Chip Gaines new line Hearth & Hand is HERE!! what are you waiting for?!?! go check it out!
- I read a blog post from my #1 girl crush, Hannah Brencher, and it wrecked me. be kind to yourself.
- Just a reminder that the IDONTMIND campaign ends tomorrow. I just bought this hat. Proceeds are donated to the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
Guys, I always get sad when the post ends. I just love ya and I hope you know how much joy this blog brings me. I hope its able to bring you some joy too. Have a great weekend! I’ll see ya next week.
Happy Friday guys! Loving this cooler weather. Maybe trade in the frap for a warm cup of coffee to warm up those hands? Here’s what I have for you guys this week:
- Disney fan? Mark your calendars. Disney just announced their film release schedule all the way through 2019. Lots of good stuff coming to the big screen.
- I’ve been drinking lots of tea at work recently. Thinking about trying this brand. Anyone tried it before? Thoughts?
- lather. rinse. repeat. this seems fun.
- because not everyone loves a PSL
- if you’re looking for a new candle, look no further. Kath got this candle from anthropologie, and it makes our house smell heavenly. Looks like I’m going to have to invest in one too. Because, I’m already sad at the thought of it ending.
- I know what I’ll be eating all winter long. Made this on Wednesday and it was pretty darn tasty, and I’m not a big chili person. Let me know if you want to try some. I’ll be eating chili for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next four days.
- I personally won’t be watching any of these. I’ll stick with Halloweentown thank you very much. But if you’re looking to get into the Halloween spirit, here are 31 horror movies to watch, one for every day in October.
- Made this on Monday with the girls. it did not disappoint. Plus, it was super easy to make! the hardest part was finding the pumpkin pie spice, Mo & Caroline came through for the team. Pairs well with Angry Orchard Cider and Beauty & the Beast.
- This cookbook looks dreamy.
- Monday brought devastating news. A mass shooting where lives were lost. I ordered this study last week and started it on Monday. As the description on Amazon says, “In it, you find the words you need to console a friend, to empathize with the people around you who are suffering. I promise you, they are suffering. You are daily surrounded by people who bow low under the weight of grief, often without any outward sign of dismay. This study makes you a better friend to woman next to you, to the growing child who aches, to the spouse who despairs. And it buries words into your heart so that they are there, waiting, when the rain begins to fall. Because it will fall.” The rain is falling, and I want to have words buried in my heart that will provide comfort, hope, and love. I want to be better.
- how to process tragedy
- I don’t mind admitting that I struggle with depression and anxiety. I also don’t mind listening. If you’re struggling, don’t hesitate to reach out.
- In honor of riverdale season 2 premiering this upcoming week, here’s a fun clip for ya. or maybe two.
Guys, I just love spending this time with ya every Friday! Thanks for reading. That’s all for now! See ya next week!
*First things first (shouts, “I’m the realest!”) : This morning a co-worker sent me this link on how places are celebrating National Coffee Day, and I thought to myself, what kind of person would I be if I didn’t share?*
Is it just me, or did Friday come quick this week? I got lots to share with y’all today, so buckle up folks because this week I’m getting vulnerable. No need to panic. It’s nothing too serious (and doesn’t come till the end), but I do show you a little bit of my heart, and that’s always slightly terrifying. You ready? Here we go:
- Can I interest you in golden milk? Was I the only one who didn’t know this was a thing? Because apparently everyone loves it.
- poetry isn’t dead! If I was a high school English teacher, I would definitely show this to my kids. Since I’m not, I’m showing it to you instead.
- Aloe Vera is apparently used for more than just sunburn. This is really a thing. I’ve now seen it from two separate people. So, basically everyone is doing it.
- If you need a new podcast. which, we always do.
- I need this pup. This really has nothing to do with anything, other than I saw a cute dog, and I HAD to share.
- Pride and Prejudice is coming to television. Heyoooooooo! Hannah H., did you know about this?
- I mentioned brene brown’s new book a few posts ago. In case you aren’t sold that you should check it out, here are some takeaways
- EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Tim Riggins, I repeat, TIM RIGGINS takes on a new role.
- Do you watch This is Us? Because if so, you can relate to this video. Please watch till the end. I didn’t think I would find it as funny as I did, but then by the end I was chuckling to myself pretty uncontrollably. Also, no spoilers. I’ve seen all of season one, but not the recent premiere of season two, and this didn’t ruin anything. *UPDATE: At the time I wrote this post, I hadn’t seen the newest episode. Well, I watched it last night with Kath and there are no words. You just gotta go watch it yourself.*
- Do we think this phone case is legit? I don’t know. We may never know. My personal favorite review: “I honestly can’t tell if it’s protecting me, but I do know that I’ve dropped my phone a few times and the case kept it safe. I’d say, get one.” Well shoot, I guess I’m sold.
- lady gaga and I have something in common. Really and truly, I got teary-eyed reading this article. I struggle with chronic pain and I am still learning not to see it as a sign of weakness, because most of the time I do. It’s hard explaining to others why you can’t participate in an activity when you can’t put a name to the pain. A majority of the time people think you’re faking it. Which I can understand, I would probably assume that too. For years, and even today, I question if I’m physically in pain or if it is all made up in my head. But thank goodness for my sweet mom. She is constantly reminding me that being in this much pain isn’t normal, and that the MRI’s show something. All that to say, I found lagy gaga’s words to be heartfelt and sincere and I hope you do too, “There is a degree of self-deprecation and shame with feeling in pain a lot. I work through it and it can be done. We have to stick together. I don’t have to hide it because I’m afraid it’s weak. It’s a part of me, and I’m grateful to Chris for caring.”
- For a long time, I believed the lie that my life wouldn’t fully begin until I got married. Friends, THAT IS SO FALSE. I stumbled upon this book on Amazon and am definitely adding it to my list of must reads.
Alright, you made it! Thanks for sticking through till the end. I hope to see ya back next week.
Four whole weeks of frappy friday!!! What the what?!? I’m super thankful for all of you who check back in each week to see what’s new, I’m looking at you Mom *wave*. Seriously though, thank you for all the texts and comments. It means more than you know. Anyway, grab that pumpkin frap (tis the season) and sit back. Here’s what we got for this week:
- HP + Myers Briggs. I love all things Harry Potter and Myers Briggs. So, when I found an article that would tell me the Harry Potter character for my Myers Briggs I did a tiny dance and knew I had to share. Where my INFJs at?
- yes, yes, yes. the movie we have been waiting for. I’m not one for horror films but I’m willing to suck that up to see John Krasinski and Emily Blunt take the screen together.
- One of the bloggers I follow, posted these two articles on September 11. She said she reads them every year. I wanted to share them with you, because we made a promise that we would never forget. So, no matter how hard it may be, we reflect and remember.
- A sad reality, that I often chose to ignore, is that I stare at a computer screen for the majority of my day. And that can definitely take a toll on the eyes. these seem pretty cool. I like the concept. Not wild about the price though.
- I’m a big advocate for going to see a counselor. I saw one in college and miss her terribly. After moving to the city, finding a new counselor was on the top of my to do list. However, counselors can be expensive. When I found this article, it was like finding a golden ticket.
- Fact: I spend WAY too much money eating out each week. Everyone who has advised me on how to fix that, my Mom and Sara Shirley, has strongly suggested that I meal prep. And every week I vow that this will be the week that I plan ahead and prep my meals. Yet, every week I find myself in the Chick-fil-A drive-thru more than once. BUT, I think I might have found the solution. this website provides meal plans for everyday of the week. My goal is to give it a try for next week, and report back to you. someone please keep me accountable.
- the roomies and I want to throw a Halloween party and it looks like this website will help us with all things decorations.
- my girl McCauley finally started her own blog and I’m SO EXCITED about it. Check it out: caulingtheshots.com
- because its Friday, and I love him. and them. #bromance
- FOMO. It’s a real thing.
That’s all for today! Check back next week!
I love that Friday feeling, don’t you? Glad you’re here! Have a seat and stay awhile. Here are a few things I wanted to share with ya:
- I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Magnolia and Target are pairing up to bring us Hearth & Hand. I can hardly contain my excitement. November 5 can’t get here fast enough.
- Elizabeth Bennett has always been a favorite of mine, and running hasn’t. #youhavebewitchedmebodyandsoul
- I’ve always said, I’d be the first to die in a horror movie. Turns out, I was right.
- It’s fall y’all. Time to embrace the season. You can find me at the Scarecrow Harvest on September 30.
- For the last nine months, I’ve been using a happy planner to keep track of my life, and I’ve LOVED it. I have managed to resist the temptations of other beautifully crafted planners that I’ve stumbled upon. I was planning on using another happy planner for 2018, but now I’m convinced I must try bullet journaling.
- Much of the American West is on fire. Keep track of the wildfires here.
- I watched this Ted Talk given by Anne Lamott a few weeks ago, and there simply are no words to express how wonderful I think it is.
- Brene Brown has a new book out. ?!?!?!?!?!? You know I love her.
- If you aren’t following Joshua Coombes on Instagram, you ought to check him out. He is a hairdresser that gives hair cuts to the homeless.
- It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one. Shout out to my girl, Erin, for introducing me to Girls’ Night In.
Same time next week?
Hey, hey, hey! We’re back for week #2!! Y’all, I’ve been looking forward to this all week, so thank you for taking the time to stop by! It means a whole heck of a lot. Hope this week has been good to you. Here are some finds that I wanted to share:
- Take me back to the good ol’ days. Here is a Flashback Friday for ya.
- Man oh man, I gotta try this. My goal is to try and make them this weekend. I’ll keep ya posted on how it all turns out.
- The roomies and I finished the Jinx and have been binge-watching Atypical. 10/10 would recommend.
- If you’re a visual learner, here’s what goes on inside an introvert’s head.
- I’m thinking about investing in one of these. Thoughts? They do say you shouldn’t wash your hair everyday.
- Another day, another subscription box.
- I want to be a sailor.
- “To, with the support of my medication, let things be easy for a little while so I can give myself to others in ways I missed out on last year.” A perspective on anti-depressants.
- Myers-Briggs, StrengthsFinder, and Enneagram, oh my!
- I’m not good in the kitchen, but I’d really like to change that. I think this cookbook could help me.
- Times are tough right now. Lots of devastation occurring around the world due to natural disasters. Hold your loved ones close, and lend a hand to those who are suffering.
- Track Hurricane Irma.
Stay safe folks!
One of my favorite memories from college is Frappy Friday (shoutout to my boys, Loges & Robo). It consisted of friends gathering in the SLC and sharing a frosty joe from our beloved coffee shop, Jittery Joes. It was the highlight of my week every week. I haven’t found anything like it since graduating from college. It’s something I miss dearly, so I thought it was time to bring the frap back in a new way. Every week, you guessed it, on Friday I’ll share a new post made up of things I’d like to share with you. Sit back, grab a frap, and enjoy!
- One of my go-to playlists on Spotify is New Music Friday. It’s the best way for me to keep up with the latest releases. Today, the playlist featured the title track from Thomas Rhett’s newest album, Life Changes. *swoon* It’s so good. But I also think Thomas Rhett can do no wrong, so I might be a bit biased, but you should give it a listen and form your own opinion.
- You know how now-a-days, everything can be delivered to your door? Well, you can add vitamins to the list. I just signed up for a monthly subscription of vitamins with care/of and I’m in love. From the quiz you take online to the packaging, everything feels personally catered to me! Big fan.
- Currently, the roomies and I are watching The Jinx on HBO. It’s about the disappearance of real estate heir Robert Durst’s wife. I’m a sucker for a good crime thriller, and this six-part series had me hooked from the very first episode.
- If we’ve ever met then you have most likely heard me mention Ben Stuart. He used to lead Breakaway Ministries at Texas A&M before he and his wife, Donna, joined the Passion City Church team. Now, he lives in DC where he will be heading up Passion City Church DC. All that to say, he does a series called Single/Dating/Engaged/Married and it’s incredible. Highly highly highly recommend you give it a listen on the Breakaway Ministries podcast. But, if you want more, he just wrote a book by the same name and I can’t wait to give it a read. The book is currently available for pre-order.
- Winky Lux Glimmer Balm. I’m a sucker for packaging, so when one of the fashion bloggers I follow posted the products involved in her daily makeup routine, I fell in love with it right away. A cute blush tube and glittery balm? Sign me up!Supposedly, the clear balm reacts with your lip’s pH levels to create the perfect shade of pink? That’s pretty cool too. Can’t wait to try it.
- Two weeks ago I heard about the Pretty BIG Movement and was so inspired. These folks are wicked talented. Check ’em out.
- I’m almost afraid to even mention it, but I can’t NOT. Look What You Made Me Do. Taylor Swift’s new song. I’d be lying to you if I said I didn’t spend a majority of my time online reading all the different theories about the new music video. But the three most recent posts by Morgangster were some of my favorite. Not to mention, we got some pretty cool dances out of it too, like this one and this one.
- Hurricane Harvey. Watching the devastation has been heart breaking. Watching people come together to help those affected has been heartwarming. If you are considering donating, but are nervous about the legitimacy of an organization, try out Charity Navigator. They evaluate different charities and their legitimacy. For an in-depth description about Charity Navigator, click here. Brene Brown recently took to her Instagram page to post about the need for underwear. Thanks to a friend’s recommendation (looking at you, Mo), I recently purchased a Texas Forever Shirt from Magnolia. All proceeds from August 28-September 30 will be donated to Hurricane Harvey disaster relief efforts.
- Go Dawgs!
That’s all I got for today. Hope to see ya back next week!