Good morning friends! Can you believe it??? One whole year of frappy friday!!! Wow, what a dream come true. I’d had the desire to blog since my junior year of high school, and it took me about 8 years to muster up the courage to finally start. And I’m so glad I did. Thank you thank you thank you for showing up and reading week after week. It means more to me than you know. I’m so grateful for you. I wish I could buy all of you a coffee and we could sit and reminisce on the past year, and all we have been through. For now, I thought it might be cool to go back through some of the products I’ve suggested tried out for myself, and let you know my thoughts. Also, just so you’re in the know, I am not paid to try these products nor do I receive a commission from any of the companies I share with you. Anything I mention on here is simply because I stumbled upon it myself, or a friend shared it with me, and I found it cool enough to share with you all. As always, reach out if you have any questions. Here’s what I have for you today:
- In my first ever frappy friday post, I mention the company care/of and how they deliver vitamins to your door. I signed up with the company for two months, and received two boxes full of my daily intake of vitamins tailored specifically to me. I still have those two boxes, and they are still full. Turns out, I’m really bad at taking my vitamins. Nothing wrong with the company, just user error.
- Oui fresh from frappy friday #2 – I subscribed to this beauty box for a year, and it was something I looked forward to every month. I just recently cancelled my subscription because I recently moved and became painstakingly aware of how much stuff I have, and that I do not need to add to it.
- A Quiet Place from frappy friday #4 – highly recommend – I was nervous about this film because I don’t do scary movies. But I ADORE John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, so I was very conflicted. A few weeks ago some friends said it isn’t scary just suspenseful and I convinced myself I could handle it. I watched it with Aje and really enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend.
- Felix Grays from frappy friday #4 – I was hesitant about purchasing this glasses because of the price tag. So, I initially bought a pair of glasses form eye buy direct to help with the blue light coming form my computer screen. Well, it wasn’t very long until they broke. I decided the felix grays frames still weren’t worth the price and decided to see how I managed without any glasses. It did not take long for me to start experiencing headaches and nausea after looking at my computer for 8 hours a day. I started complaining to my mom, and she convinced to me to just go ahead and get a pair. And y’all they work! Not a day goes by that I don’t use them. I no longer have headaches, and the quality of the material is MUCH nicer than my previous pair. I highly recommend.
- silk pillow case from frappy friday #8 – I received a silk pillow case for Christmas last year, and while the one I received is not the one I posted about I assume it works just the same. And y’all I LOVE my silk pillow case. HUGE game changer. I think it has improved my acne, and now it doesn’t bother me to sleep with wet hair. You should give it a try.
- billie razor from frappy friday #21 – I LOVE my billie razor. pretty sure I’ll never buy another razor again. And the magnetic holder is my favorite! comes in such handy!
- club pilates from frappy friday #24 – I just recently cancelled my club pilates membership. Again, because I’m trying to cut back my spending. But before I cancelled, I was a member for 8 months. I truly did love it. And I really believe it helped my back pain tremendously. I will definitely be sticking with pilates.
- five daughters bakery from frappy friday #24 – Had my first doughnut from them last week and it did not disappoint. You should go check them out if you haven’t already.
- a million little things from frappy friday #35 – Watched this for the first time yesterday, and I have to say I’m hooked. I will admit the plot made me sad, but I was definitely hooked and had to watch the second episode immediately after the first. I think I got Kath hooked as well.
- In honor of homecoming this weekend: “With blue skies, red clay, and a warm heart we will welcome you back.” Come on Home.
Y’all I know I’m really late to posting today. Thank you for your patience, and I hope you enjoy!! Have a great weekend.
Good morning my friends. How are you today? I don’t know about you but I’m ready for Fall. Bring on the cooler weather, the bonfires, and all the cozy blankets. Think of today’s frappy friday as me inviting you over so we can sit on comfy couches and sip hot cocoa or hot cider from colorful mugs while we chat about our highs and lows. Thanks for checking in today. Here’s what I have for you:
- I’ve talked a lot about natural beauty products and non-toxic cleaning supplies. I purchased a YoungLiving starter kit, and have attempted to make the transition to a “clean” lifestyle. But what does that even mean? I found these two articles: essential oils poisonous when misused and the rise of the natural beauty industry extremely interesting. I think it just goes to show how important it is to be informed of both sides, because you never know what someone will say to try and sell you something.
- Our friend Hannah came over for wine night earlier this week, and told me about the 19 Crimes wine app. Um, SO COOL. Check it out.
- Guys, Netflix is coming out with Sabrina, a re-make of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch with a much darker feel.
- Wanting to get in the fall spirit, but don’t know how to with this crazy hot weather? Go to Trader Joes. They have EVERYTHING you need.
- These sheets snap together, so making the bed just got easier. I think these were made for me.
- Y’all. Lauren Daigle is going on a Christmas Tour and I really want to go! Tickets go on sale at 10:00 AM TODAY. I love her Christmas album, Behold. I really want it on vinyl. It’s incredible. She also just released her third album, Look Up Child, which I also encourage you to check out.
- This past week I’ve been watching episodes of the Netflix show Explained. Each episode is roughly 15 minutes and explains a different topic such as the stock market, why diets fail, and designer babies. I’ve watched a few episodes and find them extremely interesting and informative.
- Don’t forget to register to vote! It’s super easy. I promise.
- A sweet precious girl is in need of your help. At one year old, Hattie, is battling leukemia. Some friends of the family have designed a hat that is available for purchase. All proceeds go towards funding Hattie’s treatment. #hatsforHat #hattiestrong
- Click here to watch live the Senate Judiciary Committee vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination
That’s all for this week friends. I hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend! Sending you all my best wishes and love.
Good morning!!! Boy, am I glad to see you. I have LOTS to share with you today. I’m practically bursting at the seams: KATH IS GETTING MARRIED. Our sweet roomie is getting hitched, and while we are so excited for her I get a little teary eyed thinking about it. Kath’s been my roommate for almost fours years, and I can’t imagine calling a place home without her there. Soaking up every minute of these next few months that I get with her before she changes her last name. In other news, this past week I gave up Instagram with my Sunday school class and it’s been a struggle. The number of times I mindlessly go to open the Instagram app on my phone is definitely unhealthy. So, I need to work on that. Well, pop a squat. Get comfy. Grab a drink. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Last weekend while on Care’s Bachelorette my friend Lyd showed me the comedian John Crist, and we spent a solid 30 minutes watching his videos — we loved the Celebrity Pastor Fantasy Draft and Soon to be engaged girls be like. I stumbled upon this one while I was on Facebook, and immediately shared it on Lyd’s timeline.
- Space Jam 2. enough said.
- Looking for all the Fall activities? My girl Ju has you covered.
- I’m always pretty chilly. I’m thinking I should probably invest in some of these products for the winter months.
- Did you know that on Waze one of the audio options is boy band? My friend Cait told me this last night, and I CANNOT wait to test it out.
- Anyone want to come over tonight for nachos? These look delicious.
- Love wine? But also living on a budget? Check out this article of the 20 Best Wines Under $12. Don’t say I never gave you anything.
- My co-worker sent me this video about a shape shifting marine creature. Whattttttt?!?!
- I LOVE when someone finds a way to relate modern culture and faith. So this article by Hayley Morgan about To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is my jam.
- And in the hopes you’ll leave with a smile on your face, here is a video of Jimmy Fallon and Kevin Hart going back to high school.
Have a great weekend, and I’ll see you next Friday!
Good morning y’all. We’re a few days behind with last week’s post, but for the absolute best reason. This past weekend I got to spend a few days at one of the most beautiful places with my best friends, and there’s nothing better than quality time with your favorite people (pictured above, aren’t they gorgeous?!?!?). It’s just good for the soul. So, here’s what I had for you on Friday:
- these cookies are almost too beautiful to eat. almost.
- really wanting to try this new glossier product. If you’ve tried it, would you recommend? never used in glossier products before. *well, this weekend I used Audge’s Milky Jelly cleanser, and it was awesome.*
- discovered a new blogger, and I really like her.
- if money was no object, I would buy all the pieces in this minimal capsule. 5 pieces = 30 outfits. love that.
- podcasts that have been brought to my attention by friends or social media: Keep It! by Crooked Media – episode titled A Binderella Story; Hidden Brain by NPR; Up First by NPR; Crazy/Genius by The Atlantic; That Sounds Fun by Annie F. Downs – episode 98 with Samantha Ponder ; The Ennecast by Love Thy Neighbor
- Songs that I’ve been listening to: Look Up Child by Lauren Diagle; Eastside by Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid; Be Alright by Dean Lewis; I Like Me Better by Lauv; The Other Side by Betty Who
- TSA Video from 9/11 -this video is pretty heartbreaking to watch and listen to, but I think it’s important that we take the time to remember and #neverforget the events that took place 17 years ago.
- Live cam footage of Hurricane Florence as she nears the North Carolina coast. *Since I’m late to posting this week, please note that the network went down due to the storm, so now they are playing highlights from the storm until the cameras are back online.*
This week was short and sweet, but I’ll see you guys again this Friday! If you ever have anything you find super cool or intriguing and want to share, reach out! I’d love to share it on frappy friday and give you a shout out.
Last week, the roomies and I officially said goodbye to Echo Hills. While I’m super excited about the new house, and love it a lot, I’ve been feeling super nostalgic towards our old house. Kath and I were there for three years, and that’s the longest I’ve lived in one place since I moved out of my parents’ house. That house will always be special. I wanted to dedicate this frappy friday to some of my favorite memories from 2301. Mostly because they involve a lot of you. Like they say, “it’s the people that make a place.”
- The only reason I ever unpacked my boxes after moving in was because my friend Casey essentially did it for me when she came up one weekend to visit. I was mending a broken heart, and going through a bout of depression, and she helped me get settled and plant new roots. Jesus was loving me through Case, and I’ll always remember that.
- Our infamous St. Patrick’s Day party, Shamrocked. Best party we’ve ever hosted to date. Everyone showed up. It was incredible. We had gold dusted oreos (that no one ate), and green sherbet punch. Not to mention the confetti poppers I bought, which in hindsight was a terrible idea.
- When Logan brought Katie to our house for the first time and we watched While You Were Sleeping. Little did we know, we were meeting one of our best friends.
- Last year, right after Hurricane Irma had come through, we lost power at our house for three days. I was driving back to the house with my friend Caroline when the power came on, and you could hear the whole neighborhood’s exclamations. It was honestly incredible. Caroline and I couldn’t stop laughing.
- The time there was a giant spider on the wall, and Kath was the only one with the courage to kill it. When she went in for the kill, she whispered, “bye bye spider b****.” I erupted into laughter. And still chuckle every time I think about it.
- Every single wine night we had. Especially the ones when Ju was practicing her dance moves for a work event, and she had a pair of basketball pants that she could not rip off for the life of her. Duff and Blake did their best to provide tips.
- The Christmas party we threw, and our friend Austin kept finding the price tags on all the decorations I had just bought; because I wasn’t sure if I was ready to commit to them or not.
- Our friend MJ once hung a sticky note on one of our wall decorations that said, “text this number when you notice this.” Not to mention the time she hid pokeman cards all throughout our house. I only ever found one.
- We received a hand written note in our mailbox one day from the FBI. We thought it was a scam. It wasn’t.
- Eating a dozen doughnuts with my girl Colleen on the floor on the first day I moved in.
These are just a few of the many memories 2301 gave me, and I’m forever grateful for my time there. Here’s to new memories and new seasons.
Good morning friends! I could not be more excited that it’s Friday AND a three-day weekend. I don’t know why exactly but I am ready for this week to be over. Bring on the rest and relaxation, and the excitement and rush that comes with the beginning of college football. This Saturday I’ll be cheering on the Dawgs from St. Simons with good friends. I’m pretty darn excited. I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend, and that might look like having nothing scheduled on the calendar, but lounging on the couch. That sounds like a great weekend to me. Hey, I’m pumped your here. Maybe this week you’re joining me from the road as you travel for the Labor Day holiday? Well, grab a cup of joe from QT and get comfy. Here’s what I have for you today:
- DAWGS play on Saturday. GET HYPED. Interesting fact about me: I love a good sports story. Remember the Titans? Friday Night Lights? The Natural? Field of Dreams? goose bumps. every time. And occasionally tears. This means I love a good hype video. It might actually be my favorite part of football season. Being able to watch captured moments paired with words that perfectly express the heart and passion of the Bulldawg Nation? Truly an incredible feeling.
- full commission did not disappoint. go give it a try y’all. the cinnamon roll (see photo above) was just as amazing as I had hoped and the cheese grits and home fires? they stole my heart. I’ll go back with you, because next on my list is their homemade pop tart.
- Last week I mentioned To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. Star Noah Centineo has captured the hearts of many. Well, folks I have good news. There is more to look forward to. Noah also stars in the Netflix film Sierra Burgess is a Loser that comes out on September 7th.
- I have a new fashion icon, and she’s only six years old.
- If you just moved to a new city or are going through a season of change, go check out Shauna Niequist’s latest post on Instagram. It’s got some real good advice.
- I’ve been pretty grouchy all week, and I don’t really know why. So, I was thankful for anything that made me laugh this week, and this video was definitely something that made me laugh. I watched it without sound the first time, and honestly found it funnier with no sound. Maybe it’ll give you a laugh too.
- I saw an article on Facebook that recommended you eat fries with champagne. I shared with Audge on Facebook that we needed to plan a time when we could give this a try, and multiple friends commented they wanted to join. Now I’m thinking I should just throw a party with all the fries and champagne anyone could ever want. What do you think?
- Alright guys, I need your help, give me all the recommendations for podcasts, audio books, and good tunes. I’m about to spend five plus hours in the car tonight, and I’m gonna need help staying awake.
- Need a new bible study? And like free things? Hayley Morgan just released a new bible study and it’s free. Check out Pennies are for Wishing.
- Discovered a few new apps that I thought I would share. I have yet to download them because my phone is acting like an angsty teenager and honestly I’m over it. And on top of that, I must have done something really terrible to my laptop because she quit working on me…it’s like she’s giving me the silent treatment. So now I’m doing my best to speak words of encouragement to her in hopes she’ll stop being mad at me and start working again. Because, I can’t afford to get her fixed right now, so here we are. Any who, back to the apps. First one is Cladwell. It creates outfits for you based on the clothes you already own. No more stress of having to figure out what to wear? Sign me up. The second is wearwell. It’s essentially a stitch fix for the more conscious consumer.
- Anyone want to take a road trip to Alpharetta and check out this new coffee shop?
Fall is coming guys. I can feel it in the air, and I’m ready to welcome it with open arms. Have a great weekend! I’ll see you in a week!
Good morning everyone! What a week it has been. I am officially moved in to the new house, however I have yet to unpack. I’ve been living out of boxes for the past two weeks, and this weekend I’m looking forward to unpacking and finally feeling settled. Amen? Amen. The roomies and I are really enjoying the new house. It took a hot second to adjust, but now that we are feeling more and more settled each day, we realize just how much with love our new crib. Have any big plans this weekend? Or perhaps for Labor Day? I’d love to hear what you’re doing. Let’s take a seat and get comfy. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Have you seen To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before on Netflix yet? It’s awesome. I 100000% recommend. I could be biased though, because I love anything that references a good John Hughes film.
- Speaking of Netflix shows, get ready for season two of Atypical. It comes out on September 7th, so mark those calendars.
- This past week was my first full week participating in Katie Archer Kitchen, and let me just tell you that it is a game changer. How was I ever surviving before KAK? Guys, I’m making meals that I’m actually excited to eat. Who knew that was even possible?!?! I seriously urge you to check it out. This past week, the breakfast item was homemade freezer waffles. I discovered we do not have a waffle maker at our house. Katie recommended the Dash Mini Waffle Maker that is only $10?!?!?!? I ordered it online, and had it shipped to a local Target for free. Can’t wait to try it out.
- The Garment is a company that helps connect women with ethically made brands. They are having a work-wear virtual pop-up shop this week and I want everything. Unfortunately, I have gotten a little frivolous with my spending so for right now I can only window shop. If you’re interested in slow fashion I encourage you to check em out!
- My friend Kels is doing a remote year and blogging about her experience. Her most recent post was about the month she’s spent in Split, Croatia. Check it out.
- I signed up to join another launch team. I’m pretty excited for this book to be released. Mainly because recently I’ve been talking with friends and my counselor about how I need to actively fight back against the lies I tell myself in my head, and this book covers just that.
- I really like this t-shirt.
- You guys know I love a BLT. Well, on Saturday we celebrated Ju’s birthday at Hob Nob, and they had this BLT salad that I had to try. And I am not one to ever order a salad. Y’all, it was GOOD. I would definitely recommend it. Any salad that comes with a slice of bread I can get on board with.
- Speaking of sandwiches, I also love a good sub. I’m always down for a sub run. Yesterday I met my parents for lunch at Baldinos on Buford Highway. Want a great sub at a great price ($4.89)? Check em out. I went with the #9 original turkey roll add mayo, mustard, and sweet peppers. It was delicious.
- I skipped breakfast this morning, and all I can think about is this cinnamon roll from full commission. Hoping to give this place a try tomorrow!
Alright y’all. That’s all for today. Thanks for hanging. See you next week.