Good morning!! Well, without advertisement on Facebook and Instagram, readership has taken a big plunge, but you know what I’m learning? Even if no one is reading, I still find myself wanting to post, and I think that’s a good place to be in. So, if you happen to be joining us today, I’m so glad you’re here. Feel free to share frappy friday with your friends, and let ’em know we’re still kickin’. Get cozy. Here’s what I have for you today:
- AJ and I did it. We completed our 5k!! And it was actually, surprisingly, fun. Not the running part, but the atmosphere of it all. People were decked out in their St. Patrick’s gear, there was a parade after the race, racers over 21 got a free beer, and there were food trucks. It was a grand ol’ time. I’d definitely do it again.
- I got sick last week. Wiped me out for three whole days. Which means I spent a lot of time on the couch watching TV. I watched every episode of New Amsterdam. I’ve shared about New Amsterdam before, but I hadn’t been able to keep up with the show. Being sick allowed me plenty of time to get caught up. And it was worth it.
- I just discovered the blog, A Cup of Jo, does a “cooking for one” series, and I’m pumped to go down the rabbit hole of reading allllll the posts. Cooking for one is SO hard. Hopefully, this will provide some insight.
- Spring is coming!!! And that means it’s time to fill the house with the new Mrs. Meyer’s Spring scents. I ordered the peony! I find I’m much more likely to clean if I love the scent of the products.
- With all my TV watching, I’ve been seeing a lot of trailers for The Code — a new TV show set to premiere in April on CBS. I love a good military movie/show, but I’m a little hesitant about this one. The trailer didn’t really hook me.
- I read this article on theeverygirl about the top beauty podcasts. I’ve never listened to a beauty podcast, so I figured I’d give one a try. I was listening to an episode of Breaking Beauty that featured Sam Ravandahl, a social media influencer. I decided to look her up after listening to the podcast, and I landed on this video of her trying glossier products. Honestly, I’ve never been one to find beauty tutorials interesting. But Sam’s personality totally captivated me and I found myself actually entertained. I watched the whole 25 minute video! You should check it out. I’m curious to know your thoughts.
- With AJ’s work requiring him to be outdoors all the time, I’m constantly hounding him about sunscreen usage. He recently ran out, so I bought him the Supergoop Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen. I was so eager to try it for myself that when I ran into Madewell to make some returns and saw this SPF All Stars Sunscreen kit, I had to buy it. The verdict is in…..I love it!! So far I’ve tired the daily moisturizer and the unseen sunscreen. I have super sensitive skin, and these don’t bother me at all. And they make me skin feel velvety soft. I’m also loving that they offer a sampler kit.
- I found a natural deodorant that I actually like! I know. I was shocked too. It applies so easily! Just glides right on, and it provides this nice cooling sensation, it’s like a wake up call for your pits.
- Noah Centineo stole our hearts in To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. He’s coming out with a new Netflix movie on April 12, the perfect date. I’m pretty darned pumped to watch it. Viewing party, anyone?
- This article, How to Navigate a Special Needs Encounter, is incredible. Whether you have kiddos or not, I think everyone could benefit from reading it. The mother that wrote this article just released a children’s book and I think I might have to add it to my collection.
Thanks for checking in with us. I hope you have a great weekend! See you next Friday!
Good morning friends! It’s currently monsooning here in Atlanta. But it is Friday, so the rain can’t bring me down. Tomorrow is the big day: AJ and I “run” our 5k. Neither of us have trained properly, so we will most likely end up walking, BUT I’m still proud of myself. I haven’t even finished the race and I’m already proud, lol. But it’s true. I’m proud because I’m entering into the event with little to no stress. Normally, I put this insane pressure on myself to do something perfectly, and this 5k was no different. I wanted to properly train so that I was “perfectly” set up to succeed. Well, things went a little differently then I had planned, and I haven’t gotten to train in the way I hoped: following the couch to 5k app religiously. Instead, I’ve been trying to make my way to the gym three times a week. And I’ve been doing it! To me that is success within itself. So my running is most likely still way below average, but I feel like I’ve built up my endurance and I’m excited to test that out tomorrow. To small victories! Here’s what I have for you today:
- This article about the value of innocence really resonated with me. People have been calling me innocent for my whole life, and it always used to bother me. But after reading this article, I have a new perspective on the connotation of the word.
- I LOVE fried pickles. Really fried anything, but especially fried pickles. Specifically, “chips not spheres” as AJ would say. I’d like to give this recipe a try: everything fried pickles .
- Britney Spears’ music will be coming to Broadway in the new musical “Once Upon a One More Time.”
- If I weren’t on a budget right now, I’d try out corson beauty. I love that it’s only four products, and that they are all plant based. The cute packaging also makes it very appealing.
- stumbled upon this slow-living morning spotify playlist from verily mag, where I also got today’s featured image. It’s filled with some great laid back tunes to help you ease into your day.
- the new Aladdin trailer is incredible.
- if you need a good laugh watch this clip. to make it even funnier, watch this one first.
- my car is a mess right now. as is my room. and my desk at work. apparently, everything in my life is in shambles at the moment. BUT I am taking small baby steps to change that. My first step in cleaning up my car was buying this cleaner on amazon. The reviews are great and there are some pretty incredible before and after photos. I also love that it can be used for interior and exterior.
- I’ve been meaning to share this commercial for a while and I keep forgetting to post about it. But this “First Breakup” Commercial for Angel Soft hits you right in the heart strings.
- This episode of armchair expert is really good. It talks about addiction, and presents a new way of thinking about addiction and approaching addiction. I haven’t finished yet, but for the first time ever I’m excited for my after work commute, because I can’t wait to hear the rest.
Thanks for reading this week. It’s always great having you. Have a fun weekend!!
Good morning! How are you today? I’m so thankful it’s Friday. Hellooooo weekend. For Lent, I gave up all forms of social media, which makes me a little nervous for frappy friday. I now have no way of advertising it to y’all, so I just have to trust that the people will check in, and notice a new post. *fingers crossed* If you found your way here, I’m so glad you did!!! Thanks for spending time with us. Here’s what I have for you today:
- I’m all about making life easier. So, I’m thinking of purchasing this laundry egg. It makes laundry easier, AND it’s good for the environment. Double win.
- People in the office have been dropping like flies with cold symptoms. This article gives 5 CHEAP cold remedies, AND they are natural options. EVEN BETTER.
- I love hospitality. Especially a good meat and cheese board, but sometimes that stuff can be expensive. Check out this article about hosting friends on a BUDGET. It involves Trader Joes, of course.
- My brother’s 30th birthday is coming up, and he specifically requested no gifts. He said he’d rather have experiences. That made it extremely difficult for me when trying to get him a present. Then I found the perfect website, great american days. Great American Days allows you to gift someone an experience, and if you can’t decide which one to chose, like me, then you can opt for a gift card!
- my jams for this week: the bones by maren morris, walk me home by pink, and everywhere by fleetwood mac.
- Did you guys know that Joanna Gaines has a line with Anthropolgie?! I didn’t either. Check it out here.
- Looking for something to do on Sunday in Atlanta? Chech out the Rescue Dog Olympics in Piedmont Park.
- Check out these hair sticks made from recycled root wood.
- There’s a new show coming to nbc, The Village, and trailer gives me chills.
- My friend Karmyn sent me this article on Lent, and it’s really good. Her suggestions of things to give up are GOOD, and not your typical answers.
That’s all for today! Thanks for checking in, and spending time with us. Hope you have a lovely weekend!m *today’s featured image is from verily mag.*
Goooood morning! We’re back to the dreary, rainy days. Man oh man, do I miss sunshine. I cannot wait for Spring. But until then, I’m trying really hard to embrace the rain, and be thankful for it, because there was a time growing up when we were in a drought, and the lake levels were at an all time low. Now look at us!! So for now, I hope frappy friday can be your little dose of sunshine. For the featured image from today, check out the every girl. Sit back, relax, and take a moment to just breathe. Here’s what I have for you today:
- my current obsession: small doses podcast
- Product I love: my Adidas gym bag. I wish I could find the color of mine online. It’s a navy blue with a bright coral strap. That strap sparks joy for me which I definitely need when going to the gym. I’m also a big fan of all the pockets and compartments in this bag. There is a side compartment for “sweaty stuff.” It’s perfect for my gym shoes and my shower shoes.
- my current jam: Just Thought You Should Know by Betty Who
- my current craving: sweet and spicy pecans from Trader Joes. I discovered these thanks to my friend Katie at Katie Archer Kitchen. They are the perfect addition to any salad. Last night I even tossed them in with my pasta because I was feelin’ bold.
- Saw a trailer for The Enemy Within on IMDB. Watched the first episode on hulu this week. I’m excited for more.
- I really want to start a club. Mainly because I want to create an environment to welcome people into week after week. A place where they feel safe, comfortable, and can come as they are. I saw this idea for an articles club, and I love it. I’d love to join a book club, but I never can keep up with the reading schedule. I love the idea of an article or a podcast because it’s not as much pressure. Anyone interested?
- Not that you need another website or Instagram account telling you what to buy, but I discovered the buy guide on Instagram, and I’ve definitely been adding all their recommendations to my Amazon wish list.
- You know how I’m always talking about my budget, and how I NEED one, and I’m always searching for the perfect tool? Something that I can stick with? Well, I found another option that MIGHT be what I’ve been looking for. And it’s on Amazon, and it’s only 8 bucks.
- Tried a new restaurant this week: publico. Now I want to have dinner in an igloo.
- You know I love a good planner. Well, I found this company that has taken a new approach to planners and I think I really like it. They send you a new planner every month. Which to some may seem like overkill, but for someone like me who has to use some serious self-restrain not to buy a new planner every month (there are just so many out there to try!), it seems like the perfect solution. I also love that they encourage fresh starts ever day, and don’t just put emphasis on one time of year.
That’s a wrap for today friends. Have a great weekend! See you next week!
Hello, world! I was sick on Friday, so I was out of commission, and unable to post. But, here’s a little something to brighten up your Monday! Also, the sun is out, and it’s amazing. I missed it so much. Here’s what I had* for you on Friday:
- In the need of some heartwarming stories? Try this one and this one.
- I saw this post about Kanye’s Valentine’s Day gift to Kim, and I couldn’t stop laughing. I have all the same questions!!!!
- I love Mari Andrews work. This post about accomplishing goals is awesome.
- This past weekend I was in Charleston celebrating my friend, Lucy’s, bachelorette. On Sunday we laid around all day and talked about the enneagram. It was awesome. Now I want to read every book about the enneagram I can get my hands on. This one looks really good.
- AJ signed us up for a 5k on March 16th, it’s St. Patrick’s Day themed. I’m honestly dreading it because I know I’m not ready, BUT AJ singed us up because one of my goals for this year was to run a 5k. I’ve been talking about it forever, and AJ knew I would never do it unless he signed me up. I do love that it will be St. Patrick’s Day themed because I LOVE St. Patrick’s Day. Should I buy these shoes for the special occasion? Oh my gosh!! They have a whole St. Patrick’s Day collection! I think this is the motivation I needed!
- In honor of Black History Month, check out these books!
- A lot of my friends have just gotten puppies or are in the process of getting puppies, and it makes me really want a puppy. BUT I know that at this moment in time I wouldn’t be able to give the pup the lovin’ it deserved. That…and my lease doesn’t allow pets. HOWEVER, if I were to get a pup, I’d get them a name tag from Wild North Pets. I mean how cute is this hand stamped one?!
- I’ve always struggled with comparing myself to others. And in the age of social media, it’s almost impossible not to. Lysa TerKeurst posted this on Instagram yesterday, and it’s beautifully written. It was most definitely something I needed to hear.
- Just got around to watching the Dolly Parton Tribute from the Grammys. It’s wonderful, of course.
- I’m feeling extremely under the weather today. Everyone is recommending that I try the Medicine Ball from Starbucks. I went to go order one and they were all out of the teas they needed to make one. Desperately trying to get my hands on one. *UPDATE: I went to three SEPARATE Starbucks stores located in different areas and ALL THREE were out of the teas needed to make the Medicine Ball. How does one get their hands on one?!?!*
That’s it for now, friends. See ya next Friday!
Good morning! Happy Friday! How are you today? Like today’s photo? That’s real life me brushing my teeth and sending a picture to AJ to prove that I’m up and awake, seizing the day. We all know I have issues getting up in the morning, and sometimes this is what it takes. I know, it’s sad. But it’s also the reality. Anyway, enough about that. I am so excited for this weekend. I’m headed to Charleston with the girls the celebrate our dear friend Lucy’s bachelorette. It should be a weekend filled with good food, good friends, and good coffee. Talk about my ideal trip. I hope you have something fun and relaxing planned this weekend. And if you don’t? That’s okay. Sometimes my favorite weekends are the ones with no plans. Grab a blanket, and cozy up. Here’s what I have for you today:
- my jams for this week: dear rodeo and 9 to 5.
- Y’all. How cool is this? A black leopard was photographed for the first time in 100 years.
- Just discovered this company, stylust, that helps you find things that you see online and are unable to track down.
- This is probably my favorite quote from Hannah Brencher’s latest book, Come Matter Here. I think I want to get it framed and hang it up in my house.
- Just heard about this plant shop in Atlanta. So cool! Anyone want to do a workshop with me?
- Anyone want to go with me to the Syndesi pop-up at Moonbird Coffee next weekend?
- Aldi just might be the best grocery store there is. They are coming out with limited edition cheeses names after hit songs form the 80s.
- I think I’m gonna have to make this Puerto Rican sweet bread.
- I got my eye on this pair of heels from Target.
- I love this video of Maya Rudolph and Fred Armisen on The Tonight Show. I feel like this is what they actually do when they hang out for fun.
That’s it folks. Remember, if you got something you’d like to share on frappy friday, reach out to me! I’m happy to share it and give you a shout out!! Thanks for reading. I’ll see you next week!
Hello and good morning! How are you today? I think I know why I’ve been stuck in this rut of only posting every other week. I often write about what’s on my mind. And lately, I’ve allowed wedding planning to consume my thoughts. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t let frappy friday become a blog all about wedding planning, because that’s not what I want for this space. So, when the only things I can come up with to share are all wedding related, I decide to skip the week. I will say this, wedding planning has taught me a lot about myself. It’s revealed a lot of truths about me that I was ignoring or unaware of. I would like to share those truths with you, because while my eyes were opened due to the wedding planning process, the core of what I want to share with y’all are the life lessons I learned. What do you think about that? If you would like to talk about the season of engagement or the wedding planning process, feel free to reach out to me directly. I’m more than happy to chat about it. We can grab coffee, and sit down face to face and have a DHC (deep hearted conversation). Or, if you just want to grab coffee and chat I’d love that too! Anyways, here’s what I have for you this week:
- According to my sources, aka AJ, it’s supposed to rain all next week. If you don’t have a pair of rain boots yet, check out these cute booties from Target.
- My current binge watch: Blindspot. Every episode leaves you wanting more. Be very careful. It’s kinda like eating lays potato chips: you can’t just watch one.
- Dreams do come true!!!! You can now apply to be an extra for a Hallmark Channel Christmas Movie.
- Here are all the ways you can celebrate Valentine’s Day without buying a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates: a Chick-Fil-A heart shaped nugget tray , a pickle bouquet, or buying a box of these Kit-Kat drumsticks.
- My friend Mck highly recommended that I read the book, Where the Crawdads Sing, and I’ve been dying to read it ever since. My secret love language: when someone reads a book and recommends it to you because it reminded them of you.
- Looking for a good science read? Check out this list of The Best Science Books of 2018.
- I just discovered that John Krasinski and Justin Timberlake are friends, and it made me giddy.
- I’m loving these t-shirts from Charlie Southern at Palmetto Moon. Specifically, this Sandlot one and Pretty Women one.
- Thank you American Girl Doll for making a Jimmy Fallon doll.
- Anyone want to take a trip to Venice? I’m dying to check out this coffee shop, Great White Venice.
Side note: The photo I shared for today is from AJ and I’s engagement session. We were taking pictures of me on AJ’s back when AJ suddenly leaned forward and told me to swim. I then attempted to do some breastroke. But do not be fooled. Here is the truth behind our photos: right before our engagement photos both AJ and I were in a funk. And I was very nervous going into our shoot that it would come across in pictures. I was self conscious about my outfit, and second guessing location, hair, and makeup. AJ was upset that I asked him to shave his beard. I was so stressed about having the “perfect” photos that I was taking the joy out of the process. We were a mess. I am so incredibly grateful for our photographer, Katelyn, because she helped both AJ and I to feel at ease. I share that with you, because it’s really important to me that you know that AJ and I aren’t perfect. Boy, do we have our struggles. So while this picture is cute and fun, just remember we have our days where we fight and get irritated with one another. *that was a bit of a tangent, but I’m done now.*
See you next week!