Good morning! There’s just something about Fridays! Gotta love them. And today it’s BEAUTIFUL outside. I just want to sit outside and soak up all the rays. Have any big plans for the weekend? For me, I’m really hoping to get my life together. That involves going grocery shopping, cleaning my room, paying bills, and packing for Aspen! Y’all ready for this? Here’s what I got for you:
- Tell me these cookies don’t look AMAZING. Love that they include sea salt sprinkled on top. You can find the recipe here.
- Bob Goff is coming out with a new book!
- In addition to getting my life together, I think I’ll spend the weekend mixing up essential oil blends to use around the house. I’m getting pretty into natural household cleaners. Probably because in college, the house I lived in junior year had fleas, and I honestly lost count of how many fleas bombs we set off. So, I’m pretty convinced I’ll be diagnosed with some disease later on in life because of all the chemicals I inhaled.
- If you guys love stationary, this is the subscription box for you.
- I love this bathroom. I think I need the bath mat.
- I want to shop ethically. Ethical brands have been weighing on my heart a lot recently. I found this blog about a couple that is trying to promote fair fashion and ethical goods. They compiled a list of ethical brands that they love.
- I really like these cups from Hearth & Hand.
- Does anyone want to go with me to Warby Parker on Saturday? I’ve never actually been to one of their stores, and Saturday seemed like a good a time as any. Who doesn’t love trying on glasses? I did their at home try-on and this was the family favorite.
- I’m very jealous I wasn’t able to celebrate the launch of the Spring issues for Darling and Magnolia. It looked like it was a lot of fun.
- I want all these books on the enneagram.
That’s it for today! Thanks for reading! Also, don’t be shy. Feel free to reach out. I’d love to meet you!
Good morning my people! How ya doin? I needed an extra shot in my latte this morning to wake me up and get me going. I graduated physical therapy today, so I should be all good to go come March 7 when I hit the ski slopes for the first time ever. In the meantime, you can find me in Daytona this weekend where I’ll be experiencing my first NASCAR race with BaeJ (this is what Audge likes to call him and it kills me every time, I can’t read it without chuckling to myself). Wish me luck! Aje is very nervous I’ll go full sorority date night attire on him. I make no promises that I won’t. Alright guys, moving on to the good stuff. Here’s what I have for you:
- All my ATL (HAY TEA ALE) folks, get excited because Nashville’s Five Daughters Bakery is coming to Ponce City Market in the Spring and I will be first in line for that 100 layer donut.
- Y’all. Ski ballet used to be an Olympic sport. Yup, you read that right. Ski ballet.
- Always on the hunt for a new journal. Letterfolk’s Abridged Journal was featured as one of Joanna Gaines’ favorite things in their Magnolia magazine.
- This quote says it all.
- 17 innocent lives were lost on Wednesday. Helena, Alex, Cara, Carmen, Peter, Nicolas, Gina, Martin, Jaime, Joaquin, Scott, Alyssa, Alaina, Chris, Meadow, Aaron, Luke. We have to do something. Today, my prayer is that the Lord would break our hearts for what breaks his, and that it would call us to take action.
- Dax Shepard, Crosby from Parenthood, came out with his own podcast! And he interview wife Kristin Bell in the first episode. Haven’t given it a listen yet, but it’s definitely on my to-do list.
- I think these eucalyptus temporary tattoos from tattly look fun AND their infused with a calming scent.
- This parmesan spinach pesto linguine that @breakingbreadxo posted looks AHHHMAZINGGGGG. Now that I’ve finished the Whole 30, I want ALL the pasta.
- I’m absolutely trying to go to Rising Son for some of this strawberry shortcake.
- I’m hoping to go to a free intro class at Club Pilates this upcoming week if anyone wants to join! HMU if you’re interested.
Well folks, that’s all for today. Our time has come to an end. Feel free to stay for however long you’d like. Take a look around and make yourself at home. I’ll see you next Friday!
Good morning everyone!! We survived another week. And we get to celebrate with the Opening Ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics tonight!! Grab a few friends, grab a few drinks, and get together to cheer on Team U.S. of A. Take a seat while I grab you a cup of coffee. Here’s what I have for you today:
- I find this plant mister adorable. It reminds me of that scene in the first Princess Diaries movie where Mia and her grandmother are in the green house spritzing the flowers. You know what I’m talking about? *Tried to find a clip to show you, but no luck.*
- I’m not a big DIY person, but this looks like it would be fun.
- I want all the coffee mugs. I’m a firm believer you can never have too many coffee mugs.
- Went to downtown Duluth this past Sunday. It’s freaking adorable. I highly recommend Good Word Brewery and Simply Done Donuts. I wasn’t able to fully enjoy either place because, you know, Whole 30. SO, if you need someone to go with, I volunteer!!
- I really like these Universal Thread shoes at Target.
- Just discovered this site called The Sill. It has all the house plants you could ever want.
- Air BNB’s most poplar listing is in Atlanta. Yet another reason to love the ATL…or as I saw on a poster once the HAY TEA ALE.
- I think this ring is absolutely gorgeous but its price baffles me. I really just love the design of it! If you’ve seen a similar ring for a much much MUCH more reduced price hit me up.
- Has anyone ever tried bulletproof coffee? thinking about giving it a try while I’m on the Whole 30 (ALMOST to the finish line folks).
- wait…what? These crocs were sold for $850…..and sold out.
- In case you missed it, The Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl, but more importantly the Patriots lost. Ok, sorry, I’m done beating up on the Pats. I really am excited for the Eagles, and their city. And after reading this post from Nick Foles it makes me even happier that they won.
- Y’all know I couldn’t post a frappy friday without sharing a clip of my boys, JT & JF. This clip of Justin Timberlake on the Tonight Show after the Super Bowl is BOMB. I love watching the two of them interact.
- Fellas. Valentine’s Day is this upcoming Wednesday. Might want to write that one down. Don’t have a gift yet? Here’s a cute ring from Pandora that’s under $50.
- If you don’t have plans Saturday morning, and are in the Atlanta area this Valentine Flower Pop-up seems pretty cool. The rooms and I will be there if you want to join.
That’s all I got for you. Catch ya next week!
How we doin party people? It’s finally Friday. We made it!! We survived the week AND January! I’ve been loving all the memes about how long January has felt. So true. February, we welcome you with open arms. Well friends, I hope you have fun plans for the Super Bowl, and when I say that I really mean, find a place to watch the halftime show because you’re not gonna want to miss it. As for the game, I just want the Patriots to lose. And that’s really it. Alright guys, lets get to it, shall we? The coffee is brewed. If you’re stayin, I’m pourin. Here’s what I have for you today:
- Kristin Ess. She’s my new girl crush. I want to purchase all her products at Target, but especially this Rose Gold Temporary Tint. It’s a temporary dye that washes right out! Lauren Conrad tried it and posted a pic of her hair on her insta stories and it looked AMAZING. Feel like it would just be a fun thing to do for the weekend, ya know? Spice things up.
- Recently went to the eye doctor, and it turns out my prescription has doubled. So, I was essentially walking blind for the last year and a half. Desperate for some new glasses ASAP, I searched Zenni and EyeBuyDirect. I found this pair on EyeBuyDirect. Feel like it’s a pretty bold choice for me. I’m hoping I don’t regret it.
- Been very into ceramic mugs. Here are a few I have my eye on: Margaret & Beau, Manjar Ceramics, and Freckled Pottery.
- Did you guys ever watch Saved By the Bell? That show was my JAM. I grew up on it. I’d be glued to the TV screen in the mornings, munchin on my blueberry eggo waffle, and mom doing my hair. Those were the good ol’ days. WELL, there is a Saved By the Bell pop up diner coming to LA, and I’m super jealous!!
- I love bagels. And one of the first places I’m going when this Whole 30 is over with will be Emerald City Bagels. The new bagel joint just opened in East Atlanta Village.
- Speaking of the Whole 30, I’m on day 19 and I haven’t died yet, so I’ll call that progress. As far as results? Can’t say I’m noticing any drastic differences. But, maybe one day I’ll wake up and it will all hit me at once, and I’ll be like, “Ohhhhh! This really is worth it!” At least, that’s what I’m hoping for. In the meantime, I’m prepping for the Super Bowl. I found a few recipes courtesy of Pinterest for Whole 30 compliant tailgate foods. Definitely think I’ll make these wings. But these sweet potato chips look real good. Stadium Green Beans….that would probably be a first for me.
- Justin Timberlake’s album, Man of the Woods, was released last night at midnight. So, you know I jammed out to it this morning when I was up at the crack of freakin dawn for my physical therapy appointment. He also released a new music video for his title track, Man of the Woods. Y’all, he dances with Jessica Biel in the music video and ohmygoodness bestillmyheart. It is so precious. Ya have to check it out. I loved it. Every second of it.
- I subscribe to a beauty box called Oui Fresh and each month they send me five natural beauty products. This past month they sent me one of their own lipsticks and I really love it! It’s such a fun color!
- Last weekend, I went with Mo and Audge, to see a live podcast of My Favorite Murder and oh my goodness it was awesome. I had heard of the podcast but never actually listened to it, so the live show was my first time listening. Incredible! Highly recommend. And if you have the opportunity to see them live, you DEFINITELY need to!
- My physical therapist suggested I give pilates a try. I was talking to her about my chronic back pain and she said she had several clients with chronic back pain who tried pilates and it either got rid of their pain completely or helped minimize the pain. Well, that is QUITE a pitch. Consider me sold. I signed up for the balanced life’s free mind & body pilates challenge. So, we shall see! Also, please keep me accountable on this. We all know I’m notorious for starting things and never finishing.
That’s a wrap! Catch ya next week!
Happy Friday!! How are you my friend?!? I’ve missed ya. I missed last week due to all the craziness of snow days, but this week we are BACK! I don’t even know where to start. I guess I’ll start with this. Ain’t nothing gonna bring me down (NOT TODAY, SATAN) because your girl is going to see JT in concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I promise I was giddy all yesterday after buying my tickets. Some might say I’m pathetic, I say I’m just a crazed fan who will most likely be star struck on the day of and end up crying at some point during the concert. Sweet joy. Anyyyyyway, let’s get back to the real reason why we are here. Grab the drink of your choice, and take a seat. Here we go:
- I stumbled upon this company that sells razors for women called billie. Their whole purpose is that women having been buying overpriced razors for too long. I’ll be 100% honest, and tell you I bought a razor just because it comes with this nifty little magnetic holder to store your razor in the shower. I have always wanted one! SO, as soon as I saw it I said, “Sold.”
- If you’ve seen me in the last two weeks then you definitely know that I’m doing a Whole 30, or as our friend Cole keeps calling it a 30 for 30. I have miraculously made it to day 11. It has not been easy. I think I tell someone every day that I want to quit. BUT the reason I’m even doing it is because I’m trying to teach myself discipline. For me personally, it’s all been a mental battle. And at the end of everything, I want to be able to say I set out to do something, and I completed it. That being said, I’ve tried A LOT of new recipes. Here are two of my favorites: chicken lettuce wraps and pulled pork chili. I also bought this cookbook, and have been trying recipes from there as well!
- My friend, Aleesha, started her own blog and its WONDERFUL. You have to check it out. She’s honestly the most fashionable/stylish/trendiest/coolest girl ever. You’re gonna love her.
- I recently bought HAIM’s newest album to listen to on my record player. Well, as fate would have it, they are coming to Atlanta at the Coca-Cola Roxy! Ju and I really want to go!
- This is a cute little dainty ring that I found.
- JT released a new single, so obviously I had to share it. And its with Chris Stapleton which reminds me of when they sang Drink You Away together, and my heart melted. Side note: I really loved the music video for the new single. I thought it was beautifully done.
- Have you guys ever seen Comedians in the Cars getting Coffee? You should watch Episodes 2-3. They feature Jimmy Fallon, who else, and they’re great. Obviously.
- Here’s a nice little reminder.
- This week has been pretty difficult for me. Had multiple days where the depression hit me hard, but here are a few things I found online that made me laugh. And laughter, especially during bouts with depression, is always the best medicine. This snapchat, this cute pup, this comedian talking about dresses with pockets, and this meme that absolutely sums up how I feel about the Patriots going to the Super Bowl.
- Hannah Brencher recently published a blog post that talks about how to love someone with depression.
- My girl Hannah H. told me this week tiny planters are the new thing. They are pretty adorable.
Alright folks, that’s all for today. It feels good to be back. Thanks for reading. I’ll see ya next week!
Good morning my people!! Happy Friday! It’s pretty dreary here in the ATL this morning, so let’s see if we can cheer things up a bit. Here’s what I got for today:
- People rave about these tubshrooms. So, I think I’m going to invest.
- I’m a little embarrassed to admit this, but I’ve never once cleaned a makeup brush. I should probably start doing that. This makeup brush cleaner makes it look fun.
- I was watching a youtube video yesterday when an ad came on for this app called grammarly. You download the app and give it access to your keyboard. Then when you are writing text messages it fixes all spelling AND grammar mistakes! From what I understand, it also works when writing emails and using other apps like Facebook. AND you can download it to your computer as well. So now you don’t have to stress when sending an email to a professor or a boss. Maybe this makes me a nerd, but I thought this was so cool! I love that its not only a spell checker but it actually checks your grammar!! what?!?!?! technology man…so cool.
- Over the past week, I’ve seen numerous posts regarding the keto diet. I had no idea what it was so I did what I always do when I don’t know something, I googled it. This is what I found.
- Love the Gilmore Girls? Then you should check out Amy Sherman-Palladino’s new show, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I started watching it on Amazon the other day, and it’s pretty darn good. I’d say definitely targeted to more of an adult audience, so maybe just keep that in mind when you go to watch.
- A lot of people have been asking me what I think of JT’s new single, Filthy. Honestly, the first time I heard it I was really disappointed. I was like, “well this is certainly no Drink You Away.” But then I put it on repeat for the rest of the day and now I can’t get it out of my head. However, I don’t think Filthy will be a top favorite of mine from the album. All that to say, it absolutely does not stop me from wanting to see JT in concert. The kid can put on a show and I’ve been waiting for years for him to go back on tour. So, when he announced his Man of the Woods Tour, I immediately joined the Tennessee Kids so I could gain access to pre-sale tickets.
- I love paper supplies. Journals, planners, pens, pencils. All of it. So, I thought I’d share these two new companies I found that sell all sorts of cute paper products: Worthwhile Paper and MochiThings
- Melt my heart why don’t you. This pup only responds to Harry Potter spells. If I ever have a pup, I’m doing the same thing.
- Here’s the new T-Swift music video, End Game. I couldn’t not share it.
- If you’ve ever lived in Athens, then you’ve most likely heard of The Dirty Guv’nahs. Great news, the band is back and coming to the ATL on April 13th. Tickets went on sale this morning at 10. Better act quickly. I have no doubt the show will sell out quickly. And literally as I type that, I checked the site, and they are already sold out. So…….I hope you were already in the know and able to get your tickets.
That’s all for today. So glad you took a minute to stop by. I love spending this time with y’all. I hope you have a great weekend, and I’ll see you next week!
Good morning! It’s good to be back with y’all. Happy New Year! I hope 2018 has been good to ya so far. I know it certainly has blown me away. The Dawgs won the Rose Bowl. JT announces a new album and drops his first single TODAY. Jo and Chip are expecting. My goodness!? Each day brings another joy. You know the routine. Sit back and enjoy. Here’s what I have for you:
- This article tells you which literary heroine you are based on your Myers-Briggs. You know I love anything dealing with Myers-Briggs. Check it out: which literary heroine are you?
- Minimalist baker– this is what I NEED. The minimalist baker promises recipes that require 10 ingredients or less, one bowl, or 30 minutes or less to prepare. That’s something I can get on board with.
- A few posts back I mentioned wanting to become a minimalist. Recently, I’ve felt very convicted about how much I spend on things I don’t truly need. And how I so often believe the lie that once I own this I’ll finally be happy. Watched this TED Talk by the minimalist and really want to take action in the New Year.
- the magic of college football– I really loved this article. Going to UGA was the best decision I ever made. It was an experience unmatched by any other. I wish every college student had the opportunity to live it.
- Here’s JT’s new music video for his new single, Filthy. 1:34-3:04 is probably my favorite part of the video. Watching JT get his groove on.
- I think this would make a really fun girls trip! A wine shuttle that takes you to all the vineyards in North Georgia. I had no idea such a thing existed!
- I really want to see The Greatest Showman. The trailer gives me chills every time. I watched a few of these clips of the actors behind the scenes, and they really got to me. So much heart and talent. It’s amazing. I just really love Hugh Jackman. I’m honestly in love with the whole cast. Okay, okay…this is the last clip… I promise.
- Hoping to start a Whole 30 in the next few days, and I found a few resources that I think will be really helpful. Like this Instagram account and this blog post.
That’s all for today!! Check back next week. Have a great weekend and stay warm!